April 19, 2014 | 1304 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I got this mascara in the bestseller's set in the mini size. The packaging was really cute and the mascara was decent. I didn't have a problem with clumping or smudging. I didn't get a lot of volume from this mascara, but I'm more of a length than a volume girl. I wouldn't repurchase because It's pretty expensive and I like my Benefit mascara better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. My lashes look nice and full with this on. I feel it hold curl quite well. It doesn't clump or flake on me.

It is expensive though, which is probably why I'm unlikely buy it on its own. I have only had this as part of a kit. It is a good product but for something that I'm going to buy 3-4 times a year, I'm not sure if it is so amazing for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by margaritababe

I have short, thin, practically straight lashes and this mascara does wonders for me. It is really volumizing and lengthening also. I never tried it after curling my lashes because this mascara lengthens them enough at the tips to give a lifting illusion. I noticed I was able to build a better fringe of lashes when I apply this product slowly and carefully. It doesn't get clumpy overly easily. The only thing I didn't like about this product is the price and the tube kind of dries out quickly, but mascaras never last too long anyway. I've always used drug store mascaras until I tried this and I can't bring myself to consistently spend $20 on a mascara when the revlon grow luscious or loreal voluminous millions are less than half that and almost as good. I will repurchase eventually though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the sample size. As I applied the product, it stung my eyes and actually BURNED! I didn't even know mascaras could do all that. Still, since I needed to leave for work, I soldiered on. My eyes itched all day at work and even more when I removed the mascara. I also noticed that I lost several lashes, which is not normal for me.

I've never tried a mascara that stung and burned my eyes...until this one. Will not repurchase in any form.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by dwoodruff44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Lightweight formula
Holds curl well
Packaging is too cute!

Cons:
Maybe it was just the tube I had but this mascara dried up crazy fast. It's not an extremely wet formula to begin with so when it dries out it's done for.
Not a very dramatic look provided even with multiple coats. A natural look mascara in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So i have completely finished this mascara and lasted me about a good 3 months until it started to dry out. it was nice and glossy in the beginning.. lengthens and makes my eyelashes fan out naturally.. thought it was a good daytime mascara with just enough oomph, making my eyes look doe-eyed.. but in the end when it dried out, it started to flake and irritate my eyes. I also noticed more clumps on the brush so it was not fanning out my lashes as much and became inconsistent in application. I much prefer Buxom at this moment with its plushy rubber bristles. Love it is cruelty free, natural but it dries out much faster than other mascaras i have tried. In the last 6 months i have tried: Diorshow, Buxom, Tarina Tarantino, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide, Korres, Lancome, Stila and Benefit. Buxom is what I often grab, if not it is Tarina Tarantino...love the big bristles. for the bottom lashes i use Clinique's bottom lash mascara. Still looking for my HG...

On a random..completely unrelated to the mascara thought... I know i am not the only one that first glanced at this mascara and thought "oh.. looks like a tampon holder.."....light bulb! so I used zip ties from my hubby's garage and slipped it in between the mascara and the cover..until it separated from the mascara tubing and voila! a tampon holder LOL! (yes i know i am weird and find amusement on random things..but hey another use for it after throwing away the mascara is a win!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara. It volumes, lengthens, and separates the lashes giving them a full feathery look. It dries quickly to a natural finish. You can layer two coats without it clumping.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Craucm01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this mascara as a small sample in several gift sets that I received this year at Christmas. I kinda love it!! It's dark enough (very black) that it makes my lashes look dramatic even without a lot of product, yet it can be layered up (while the mascara is still wet) to create long, thick & very dramatic lashes on the top and the bottom. The brush is super nice and I think the perfect size for me to reach all of my top and my bottom lashes. I would really like to try this mascara out in the full size, but for now I will just go through my samples first and see if I am still loving them after they are all used up :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by habana

I got a free deluxe sample of Lights Camera Lashes with my Sephora points. At first when I tried it my feelings were "meh". It was ok but nothing spectacular. After trying it a few more times I discovered I really liked it. It has a normal size regular bristled brush, which is what I prefer. With this mascara I don't wind up with mascara all over my eyelids or poke my eyelids with spikey plastic bristles that hurt. The brush coats my lashes nicely, stays on all day, doesn't flake or smudge or irritate my eyes. My lashes look full and feathered out. The only downside is the price...honestly I don't think I can justify paying $19 for mascara.. Especially when Cover Girl's Professional Super Thick mascara gives pretty much the same results for a fraction of the cost. If I ever see LCL on sale I would scoop up a couple of tubes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lizzylof

I am a mascara junkie - seriously. I have tried a jillion different mascaras. I have long lashes that are so blonde they are invisible and they are super fine (read: thin). When I look for a mascara I need something that adds a little length but really adds volume without clumps. I have had good luck with Dior Show and Maybelline Great Lash but nothing really made my heart sing until I tried out Tart Lights Camera Lashes.

LCL gives me super thick lashes with no clumping. It doesn't add a ton of length, just a little, making it perfect for the daytime. At night I use Dior Show Maximizer underneath and I swear my lashes look fake they are so big.

No rubbing off under my eyes, even though I am using the non-waterproof version. Excellent. I kind of hate the strange package that it comes in (funky faux-leather with large seams on the side), but that is just a personal choice, it doesn't impact the product at all.