July 25, 2014 | 971 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by kimliddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing special and expensive for what it is

It also dried out very quickly

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product so badly because it looks amazing when you first put it on. However even an hour in it starts to flake, oh and the fact that it irritates my eyes is also a major downfall. I ended up washing it off half way through my day because it make my eyes so red. I love tarte but wow...no thank you I will be avoiding this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an ok mascara but I don't get all the hype about it. It didn't lengthen or thicken my lashes but it didn't leave clumps which is a plus. I plan on trying something different when I run out of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a love-hate relationship with this, so let's start with the positives.

Pros:
-buildable, can look natural, or layered to look more dramatic without clumping
-good staying power
-holds a curl

Cons:
-dries out pretty fast. Not sure if this is the mascara itself or because of...
-crappy packaging. Yes, at first the faux purple crocodile thing is cute, but has anyone else noticed that the tube breaks very easily? I have had 3 tubes crack near the top, resulting in a mascara volcano. Maybe I'm just tightening the cap too hard. I don't know my own strength, I guess.

I keep going back to this one though...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by broadwaybeauty17

This is definitely my favorite mascara! I have gone through two tubes and am still in love.
I first purchased this looking for an alternative to the Smashbox Full Exposure mascara, and I was so attracted to the packaging and had heard raves from others.
This mascara is amazing, it goes on so so smoothly but gives u the plumpest lashes imaginable. It does not clump at all, but makes your lashes fully coated, flurry, and seperated. Two coats of this stuff makes your lashes bigger than ever and I get compliments every day that I wear this mascara. Definitely purchasing for the rest of my life!!
The price is really not that bad for this wonderful product. Only teeny weeny downside is that it dries out a bit more quickly than most other mascaras do.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by msponn10

Love this product ! I got this as a sample from purchasing the tarte eyelash curler (which I love), and i noticed a huge difference in my lashes...Made them So much longer and they stay up! Does wonders for my flimsy and short asian lashes. Doesn't smear either. Downside is the price :/

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample. It's nice if you like really natural looking lashes, but I like mine to look big and dramatic lol so this is not something I would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was almost the mascara that made a Tarte loyalist out of me. But then it wasn’t.

You see, when I first started using my tube of Lights, Camera, Lashes I was in love. It applied easily, was easy to layer and the bristles of the brush were just perfect – even a klutz like me couldn't get mascara all over my non-lash eye-parts with such a great brush. Then it stayed on all day and I got compliments and had no trouble removing it at night. This blissful relationship lasted just over 3 weeks before… well, I don’t know what happened really.

Suddenly my mascara was drier, thicker, difficult to apply. Flakes would find their way into my eyes a few hours into wear causing me to constantly wink and/or twitch at innocent passersby. And it just kept getting worse, noticeably, each and every day until LCL and I broke up and this tube went in the trash bin.

I imagine it’s a possibility that I got an older tube or perhaps the extremely dry climate I live in was to blame (though said climate has not affected my other mascaras). I would probably give it another shot if I received this mascara as a gift or GWP or something but I don’t see myself buying it again. The tube is such a great size for the $$$ but if I can only make it through a tiny amount before it dries up that kind of defeats the purpose.

Aqua, Alcohol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba, Triethanolamine, Candelilla Cera, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, VP/VA Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Aminomethylpropanediol, Chlorphenesin, Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

We all have different ideas about how much a mascara "should" cost, so I'll simply say I purchased this for $19 USD and found it reasonable.

While it did dry up a bit sooner than I'd have liked, I found it to be a beautiful, high-performing mascara that offered both volume and length, without clumping, smearing, flaking, or making my lashes wire-stiff.

I find it superior to virtually all the drugstore mascaras I've tried, thus far, and for only a few dollars more than most.

Will repurchase and do recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by winkingdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very impressed with this mascara. I have straight Asian lashes, and almost every other mascara immediately takes the curl out of my lashes immediately after application - this one actually holds it well, and for a long time. I also like that my lashes are still soft - my other favorite is Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof, which is a little clumpy and leaves my lashes stiff, so this is my go-to for a more natural look. I also ALWAYS get smudging from mascara because of my asian monolid eye and this is the only one where I don't experience smudging despite it's fairly wet formula. Very impressed. Will rebuy once I run out of the Lancome.