Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 6/4/2007 9:29:00 AM

This is the best loose powder I have ever tried. It gives a great finish over my face makeup. That being said, I find that the EM Intensive foundation is so great that it looks just fine on its own. While I love owning the Finishing Dust (which I got in the Starter Kit), I don't think I'd repurchase if I ever ran out because it's something I could live without. However, while I have it I definitely use it every day. It's an excellent product if someone feels that the extra step is necessary.

on 5/26/2007 2:19:00 PM

Great great product. Keeps my face looking matte and feeling very smooth, and I love the effect it has on my upper chest.. Looks and feels nice and smooth.. Definitely a keeper..

on 5/2/2007 5:45:00 PM

This maybe helps the makeup set better, but I don't like the matte effect it has over the Original Glo. I'm pretty fond of the "Glo", and would rather just touch that up than kill the Glo with this powder.

on 5/1/2007 8:35:00 PM

I agree that this finishing dust works much better at controlling oil than BE's mineral veil, and I have very oily skin. I use this to set my foundation, whether it be mineral foundation, or liquid, and even with my oily skin (and depending on the quality of the skin care regimen with which I'm experimenting on any given day), it's comparatively long-lasting. Additionally, a little goes a long way. Good product.

on 4/29/2007 5:01:00 AM

EDM is just wonderful. I continue to try their products as they release new products. Their finishing dust is good, in fact I always keep a full sized jar in stock. For my normal skin, it tends to work well. I have heard some people complain that it doesn't last very long, particularly those with oily skin, but it works well for me. It keeps my make up looking fresh and it controls any oil in my face. It feels really good to put it on too. For those with super oily skin, I suggest looking into their Silk Dust, but be sure to sample that first with caution because those with extreme sensitivities may be allergic to that stuff. I have 2 full sizes of the Silk Dust and I personally love it too. It works extremely well and a little really goes a long way. It controls oil and shine really well.

on 4/13/2007 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this is good for stopping shine and helping the foundation to last longer, the only problem is that it can make you look a little chalky and dry if you don't moisturize really well, or if you use too much. i like to mix in a little of the pick me up concealer with this, it brightens it up. i'm sure bronzer or something would work well too. the packaging is not great, but with minerals it never is.

on 4/3/2007 2:02:00 AM

I actually think I like this better than BM Mineral Veil, but I'm not too sure as I've only tried the sample size. This sets my mineral foundation/concealer and keeps it looking nearly airbrushed and natural for hours, which is insane because I have very oily skin. I looooove it. I also love that they have three different ones to choose from. The finishing dust and silk dust are both great.

on 2/5/2007 11:47:00 PM

I really love this finishing dust. I have combo skin and it does a great job of controlling my slightly oily T-zone (depending on which foundation formula I use.) When I wear Semi-matte, I dust on my finishing powder and there's no need to reapply... ever! However, when I wear Original Glo, I may have to touch up with finishing dust later in the day.
The finish is beautiful and this seems to set my makeup, making it look just stunning. I prefer to apply my blush AFTER dusting on my finishing dust. My blush seems to fade if I put finishing dust on top of it.

Their Balancing Dust is specifically for oilies, so if you're super oily, go straight for the Balancing Dust. I've ordered their Silk Dust and will let ya know how it compares to finishing dust.

Edit: Silk Dust does a better job of controlling oil than Finishing dust, although I like the smooth look of Finishing dust better. overall, I like silk dust better, but will continue to use both.

on 2/2/2007 11:03:00 AM

Although I do love Everyday Minerals; this is not one of their skin smart products! I used to wear this powder on top of my Original Glo and the Light Pink Concealer (used all over to tone down redness), and this combination would always make my forehead oily by the end of the day. Day 2: Little bumps appearing on my forehead! Didn't irritate my skin so much that they developed into pustules, but I had a hard time getting rid of the little buggers. Somehow the corn starch in this product must have clogged my pores... So, I will not use this product again, but I still give it a 2. This because of solidarity with EM, because it did control shine to some extent and because it didn't give me bad acne like most other products do. Just little bumps.

on 1/19/2007 3:26:00 PM

like this even better than my beloved Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil. I am now a convert to EM!!!

This formula is GREAT for people who are combination. I do not like a powdery look or anything cakey. Sometimes the powders that tone down my t-zone shine also make all of my dry areas look caked on. Not so with Finishing Dust!

I apply it in the AM (I use Cat Cosmetics brushes) over my EM Intensive and it DOES NOT need to be reapplied throughout the day which is awesome since I have two toddlers running around and a business to run!

This is a great powder. Fantastic coverage, yet totally natural looking. Highly recommend!

Recommended for Normal Skin