Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer

3.5

on 3/2/2009 3:58:00 PM

While I like the coverage of this product - creamy texture that stays put, it should not be called line smoothing. I have some tiny lines under my eyes, and the concealer seems to make them more noticable. Then again, I am not sure if any concealer can really smooth out lines in the skin.

on 3/1/2009 3:36:00 PM

This is a great under-eye concealer. Doesn't settle into fine lines too much and dries to a nice, matte finish. Very buildable. I have it in Medium Beige, which is perfect for my NC20'ish skin. It's got great yellow undertones and doesn't give that fake too-light look. I wear it under Almost Powder m/u in Light and they work very well together. I've used it to cover pimples, too, but I prefer the Acne Solutions concealing stick for that. Overall I would highly recommend this concealer! I like it better than Lancome Effacernes, which is what I was using before this.

on 2/23/2009 3:25:00 PM

I have dark under eye circles and this concealer covers them quite well. Application is easy with the wand and then smoothing it over with fingertips. If applied thinly this is a good product. I did try to get a bit better coverage by applying a thicker layer, but by the end of the day it had collected into creases under my eyes. Not my favorite, but good enough.

on 1/27/2009 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG concealer! I have tried so many others and I just keep coming back. I use it for my blemishes and an area where I shave some unwanted hair (don't ask). It does the best job concealing of anything I've used and blends well.

on 1/20/2009 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Yes! Finally my search for a good concealer is over. All I wanted was to find an affordable concealer that won't break me out, change colour and does the job covering my flaws. This does all of the above. Goodbye expensive, overrated concealers.

on 12/30/2008 2:32:00 AM

Just starting to get fine lines around the eyes and really like this stuff. Keep getting talked into trying others and always go back. Gives great coverage and I tend to rub my concealers off when applying foundation if I'm not careful. I'm very fair so don't have issues with the shade Light 02

on 12/3/2008 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've only started needing a concealer in the past few months. While Clinique does need to improve their color choices - as others have pointed out - this concealer does the job of covering dark circles and lasting through the day without collecting in my fine lines. I have low expectations but I'll probably stick with this for awhile. I must say that the product performance changes dramatically if you use a brush vs. using fingers. Much better coverage and look with the brush. (And I like the Clinique brush very much.)

on 9/15/2008 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I wish Clinique would improve their color selection for everything. I found the lightest of this, very dark and very pink. I have no idea of the coverage, because there wasn't a color that I could use. I use to use their concealers years ago, and the colors were just as bad then, I just didn't realize that other lines were better at creating colors that were the actual color of skin.

on 8/31/2008 4:39:00 AM

i don't actually use it to smooth out lines, cause i haven't got any.
I was browsing around in a department store for a good concealer yesterday to cover some blemish spot i got this month (very annoying!). when the SA introduced me to this product. At first she tried it on my hands to find the right color for me. And then she tried it on my face, on the blemish spot. It seems to have a good coverage on me. So i took it to the register and decided to buy it. I put it on today...and so far i'm still pretty happy with the result. The price is not that bad, considering i only need a teeny tiny amount to cover my spot.

on 8/25/2008 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't really comment on it and judge its "line smoothing" abilities (considering I don't have wrinkles.....yet) but its a super nice concealer!! It goes on smoothly, covers nicely, doesn't cost too much, and I can use it on various parts of my face. Just a weird thing I noticed - when I dab it on with the sponge-tip, it'll match my skin perfectly and I'll hardly be able to tell where I put it. But when I reach down to my counter to grab a brush to blend it all in, the concealer will have already darkened enough for me to distinctly see where I applied it - it takes like 2 seconds for the change to occur. But it blend into my desirded shade anyway. Good stuff, def. repurchase!