Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer

3.6

on 2/23/2009 3:25:00 PM

I have dark under eye circles and this concealer covers them quite well. Application is easy with the wand and then smoothing it over with fingertips. If applied thinly this is a good product. I did try to get a bit better coverage by applying a thicker layer, but by the end of the day it had collected into creases under my eyes. Not my favorite, but good enough.

on 1/27/2009 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG concealer! I have tried so many others and I just keep coming back. I use it for my blemishes and an area where I shave some unwanted hair (don't ask). It does the best job concealing of anything I've used and blends well.

on 1/20/2009 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Yes! Finally my search for a good concealer is over. All I wanted was to find an affordable concealer that won't break me out, change colour and does the job covering my flaws. This does all of the above. Goodbye expensive, overrated concealers.

on 12/30/2008 2:32:00 AM

Just starting to get fine lines around the eyes and really like this stuff. Keep getting talked into trying others and always go back. Gives great coverage and I tend to rub my concealers off when applying foundation if I'm not careful. I'm very fair so don't have issues with the shade Light 02

on 12/3/2008 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've only started needing a concealer in the past few months. While Clinique does need to improve their color choices - as others have pointed out - this concealer does the job of covering dark circles and lasting through the day without collecting in my fine lines. I have low expectations but I'll probably stick with this for awhile. I must say that the product performance changes dramatically if you use a brush vs. using fingers. Much better coverage and look with the brush. (And I like the Clinique brush very much.)

on 9/15/2008 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I wish Clinique would improve their color selection for everything. I found the lightest of this, very dark and very pink. I have no idea of the coverage, because there wasn't a color that I could use. I use to use their concealers years ago, and the colors were just as bad then, I just didn't realize that other lines were better at creating colors that were the actual color of skin.

on 8/31/2008 4:39:00 AM

i don't actually use it to smooth out lines, cause i haven't got any.
I was browsing around in a department store for a good concealer yesterday to cover some blemish spot i got this month (very annoying!). when the SA introduced me to this product. At first she tried it on my hands to find the right color for me. And then she tried it on my face, on the blemish spot. It seems to have a good coverage on me. So i took it to the register and decided to buy it. I put it on today...and so far i'm still pretty happy with the result. The price is not that bad, considering i only need a teeny tiny amount to cover my spot.

on 8/25/2008 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't really comment on it and judge its "line smoothing" abilities (considering I don't have wrinkles.....yet) but its a super nice concealer!! It goes on smoothly, covers nicely, doesn't cost too much, and I can use it on various parts of my face. Just a weird thing I noticed - when I dab it on with the sponge-tip, it'll match my skin perfectly and I'll hardly be able to tell where I put it. But when I reach down to my counter to grab a brush to blend it all in, the concealer will have already darkened enough for me to distinctly see where I applied it - it takes like 2 seconds for the change to occur. But it blend into my desirded shade anyway. Good stuff, def. repurchase!

on 7/29/2008 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

One word: horrible.
Ok im 20 and Im starting to have somewhat of an expression line under my eye, and this thing being 'line smoothing' i thought i would give it a shot after reading some good reviews in a magazine. Umm.... no. I dont know why they would call it line smoothing. Its more like inline CAKING. This made me look about 10 years older.

Idk. might be good for covering other imperfections but it is definitely NOT line smoothing.

on 7/18/2008 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i just rediscover this concealer! LOVE IT! i used to wear moderately fair and that was too light that's why i stopped using it. I bought medium beige (I'm a NC 25-30) and it goes on flawless and stay on well. Great coverage. It's more than moderate coverage..it's in between moderate to full but definitely buildable. The best thing is that it is not cakey, it goes on smooth and blendable. I do not have lines but it goes over acne very nice and even, not patchy. Medium Beige is a yellow/golden, Moderately Fair is neutral, Medium looks too pinky peach on me and it is too dark. I always thought Medium Beige is darker than Medium but Medium is way darker (maybe for NC 35 in MAC). I compared it on my face to make sure as well. O yah, this never broke me out and my skin is very sensitive and oily.

Coverage : moderate to full

Texture : lightweight, easy to blend, buildable

Color range : light, moderately fair, medium, medium beige, medium honey, deep, deeper, deep honey