July 25, 2014 | 1935 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Line Smoothing Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One word: horrible.
Ok im 20 and Im starting to have somewhat of an expression line under my eye, and this thing being 'line smoothing' i thought i would give it a shot after reading some good reviews in a magazine. Umm.... no. I dont know why they would call it line smoothing. Its more like inline CAKING. This made me look about 10 years older.

Idk. might be good for covering other imperfections but it is definitely NOT line smoothing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i just rediscover this concealer! LOVE IT! i used to wear moderately fair and that was too light that's why i stopped using it. I bought medium beige (I'm a NC 25-30) and it goes on flawless and stay on well. Great coverage. It's more than moderate coverage..it's in between moderate to full but definitely buildable. The best thing is that it is not cakey, it goes on smooth and blendable. I do not have lines but it goes over acne very nice and even, not patchy. Medium Beige is a yellow/golden, Moderately Fair is neutral, Medium looks too pinky peach on me and it is too dark. I always thought Medium Beige is darker than Medium but Medium is way darker (maybe for NC 35 in MAC). I compared it on my face to make sure as well. O yah, this never broke me out and my skin is very sensitive and oily.

Coverage : moderate to full

Texture : lightweight, easy to blend, buildable

Color range : light, moderately fair, medium, medium beige, medium honey, deep, deeper, deep honey

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by silentjava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a concealer, it isn't a really great product, it doesn't last long enough. However, it works great as a eye make up base, it holds the eye shadow in place. I think it's even better than primer potion by urban decay. The UDPP makes the eyeshadow difficult to smudge, though it does keep the shadow long. But this product holds the eyeshadow as well as the shadow smudges easily on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't think this is the best concealer out there (I'm still looking for that!), but it is a very competent one. I should mention that I only use it around my eyes though, and not on my face. I use the shade 'Medium Beige' for the under-eye area, and it does a good job of lightening the area. It does crease after a while, but I've found that with every single concealer I've used under my eyes - it's just a question of how quickly it happens. For the price (£12.50), and considering how long it lasts, it's a very good buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

let me start out by saying that i first started using this concealer when i HAD no lines. i used it for about 10 years, starting at 17!! it used to work WONDERS...completely made my face look flawless. i never even though about using another concealer! the texture, color, and price were all perfect.

but a few months ago, i noticed that throughout the work day, my under eye area was looking completely parched. i would come back from lunch and notice TONS of caking and lines, making me look 10 years older!! yes, i do use eye cream and even with eye cream, where other concealers worked ok, this one still dried out on me. i don't know why it stopped working so well, maybe my skin just changed. i wish that i could still use this but it seems as though i "outgrew" it =-(

since it worked better for me when i *had* no lines, perhaps they should change the name to something other than "line smoothing" concealer.

if i ever find a way to make this work again, with a particular eye cream or something, then i will repurchase. but as of right now, it doesn't look like i will =(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im not usually a clinique fan..but i have gone through alot of concealer and thought i would give it a try. it actaully works very well for me. it makes me look awake although i use a different concealer for the my dark under eyes and i dab this in the worst bits. it has great covereage and i dont want it to look too heavy i just dab it and then i blend it...its a great concealer and defenite recommend!! i also use laura mercier secret brightning powder and they are amazing togther...the secreat to this product is not to over do it...add as u need it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

So I have been using this concealer for about 2 weeks now and so far so good. I bought this not for its “line smoothing” claims but because of it’s texture it felt light, NOT greasy and NOT drying. It did not cake and stayed for basically the whole day. I use it as an eye and spot concealer. I tend to stay up late so sometimes so I think I need something with more coverage but most of the times it does a pretty good job. As for packaging I typically like tubes because I can squeeze ever last bit. I’ll wait and see weather I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by amster1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has really good coverage. It does smooth out the lines a little, as the name says. On me it lasts all day. My only wish is that they had more shades.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I gave this product a '3' for everything because that's what it is to me, a perfectly workable concealer that does everything you could want from one. It's a good colour match for me, blends well whilst maintaining good coverage, is suitable for blemishes as well as uneven tones, and is just good overall. But it is not HG stuff simply because sometimes it cakes up or even flakes as my skin dries out a little in the course of a day, and because I prefer cream concealers. But this is a very good everyday concealer, but not so much when you might need a little extra help.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by leah732

I am going to purchase this again since I lost it. I am a brown skinned black woman with a little darkness under my eyes and sometimes bags. I like how this blended really well with my skin tone, and did not cake. I've been using the make concealer that comes in a small jar thingy--and it is too dry, cake, and light for my skin. And the price for it isn't too bad either. and its easy to apply. if you can find one to match your tone, go for it! just dont make the mistake of applying this to blemishes! i did this, and yikes!