September 18, 2014 | 2040 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ZenArcade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd give this a try since I like foaming cleansers and have mild rosacea. Plus, I've had good luck with other Aveeno products. This cleanser is OK, but not fabulous -- it doesn't remove makeup as well as I would like it to, and my skin feels a touch dry right after using. I'll finish the bottle, but then go back to Olay's sensitive-skin foaming cleanser; it's cheap and works very well for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lilianrubyrose

Finally, one of the better cleansers for my periorbital dermatitis. Does what the name says - ultra-calming. On top of that, it takes off all may make-up with 2 pumps of the stuff.

I actually was going to pick up the Positively Radiant cleanser when my local pharmacist (who knows my condition inside out) told me to go for this one instead. "Less aggravators for facial eczema sufferers" he says.

It's cheap and makes me very cheerful. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Diana4444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this b/c of the reviews and I wanted to take a break from harsh acne cleansers. The first thing I noticed is that it took about four pumps of this stuff to feel like I have cleanser on my skin, I didn't feel like I was cleaning my face. Afterwards, my skin felt very dry and tight. I think this is a good cleanser for someone who hasn't used many cleansers bc their skin is not used to the harsh chemicals... ugh!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i'm currently on roaccutane for my acne and this product has been recommended for people on this treatment. however, while i was initially optimistic about its calming and softening properties for dry and sensitive skin, i found that after a day or two my face was becoming increasingly dry to the point where i now have entire patches of skin that are so dry that they feel like scales. moreover, my face became slightly irritated after using it and i noticed that it looked quite red and discoloured once it was washed off. it was super disappointing, because it actually felt lovely while i was using it and i had a nice clean feel after my face had been patted dry. unfortunately, it did not seem to work with my skin whatsoever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by aliyurg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser! Whenever I go overboard on my skincare routine and over-exfoliate or dry out my face, this product helps restore my skin and replenish lost moisture.
The foam is extremely gentle and soothing, but it was just as good at removing makeup and dirt as the other cleansers I use. Although it's not meant to clear up acne, it certainly doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts. I highly recommend all ladies kept this cleanser on hand for those times when you need to give your skin a chance to relax and rejuvenate itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lacie87

After seeing this facewash recommended for my skin type (OSNW or DSNW, depending on the locale and season), I was very interested to try a face wash that wasn't for acne. This has been my go-to facewash for about 4 years now. I live in Montana now, and since it's so dry up here, my face feels dry and tight after using it. When I lived in East Texas however, my face felt very well moisturized after using this cleanser. It never really breaks me out, but I will say that it doesn't do a very good job at giving me a good deep clean.

All-in-all, this product is very good for sensitive skin that reacts with acne. It's a good daily cleanser that won't cause new acne flairups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

A fantastic product! I loved the foam (gave me an excuse to give myself a bubble beard in the shower ^^) and the fact that it was very nice and light. A great summer cleanser, but I continued using it in the winter and it didn't dry out my skin like most foams do! And it did calm down my breakouts, which have a tendency to get very red and stick out like sore thumbs on my pale skin. A great product to buy if you want a squeaky clean face at the end of the day. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. My mom gave me this since it didn't work for her skin, and I'm not impressed with it. I don't really like that it comes out in a foam; I never know how much to use, and it never feels like enough. I also feel like I've got a bit of a film on my face no matter how much I rinse. If I actually paid for it I probably would be seriously ranting, but since I didn't I'm not. I'm going to hang on to it for those times when my skin is sensitized (which doesn't happen infrequently) and see if I like it more then.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by juan54juan

Been using this for a few days only. Impressed! It took off all my makeup with just one wash without a makeup remover (granted my foundation is medium-to-light coverage only, but it took off all my mascara too!). I'm used to using an oil-based make-up remover (DHC) followed by a foaming cleanser (Jurlique), so I could not believe it when I washed my face with this once and it felt clean enough not to do it again!! Then I checked by wiping my face and eyes with a toner wipe and found no residue whatsoever. Man, the time money I could've saved had I found this earlier... BTW great foaming dispenser and I didn't notice any scent. Last night I followed this up with an asprin (well, disprin) scrub, rinsed it off and then fell in love with myself when I touched my face. I stood there holding my face for like a good 5 minutes. My skin felt so... young!! It was just so smooth and bouncy I can't explain... forget botox - get this facewash (and some asprin).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by busyatdizzy

Dries out my sensitive skin and leaves it feeling tight and unpleasant which is surprising for a product that has no soap in it and comes from Aveeno. But I definitely won't buy it again.