November 23, 2014 | 1854 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I have been using it in conjunction with First Aid Beauty's Anti-Redness Serum (which also contains feverfew) and have had great results in toning down (if not entirely eliminating) my facial redness. My skin is very oily, and I have always loved the consistency of foaming cleansers. This cleanser does not disappoint - because it's so foamy, two pumps gets rid of all my makeup and oil very easily without leaving a trace left behind. Its foam is powerful at breaking down makeup and oil, but it's also very gentle. My skin never feels dry or tight, and definitely is SIGNIFICANTLY less red (and gets red a lot less frequently/intensely) than before I started using this cleanser! I noticed that because I switched to this from an SA cleanser, I do have to exfoliate more regularly. Once or twice a week I exfoliate with Neutrogena's Clear Pore scrub (with benzoyl peroxide) and that helps tremendously with controlling oil and sloughing off dead skin. I find that that scrub combined with twice-daily use of this cleanser and nightly use of the FAB serum has COMPLETELY overhauled my red, oily, dull skin and made it reasonable to look at (haha).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

I bought this cleanser after I had a terrible allergic reaction to DHC's washing powder. This foam cleanser is so gentle and rinses clean with no residue. I love how it's soap and fragrance free. It was about $5. Loveee it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by YoshiAna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this cleanser after exfoliating my skin and it works wonders. I have very sensitive skin which is also dry and this cleanser doesn't irritate it and does in fact calm it. I'm currently on my third tube and would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin had gotten so dry that it was breaking out and irritated. I stopped using my Clarisonic and switched from my Cetaphil oily skin cleaser to this. Right away my face look and felt a lot better. The breakouts stopped and the dryness went away. I don't wear foundation or cover up, but it does remove all of my blush. I use an eye make up remover prior to washing my wash so it seems to do a nice job of cleaning up any remaining traces of eye liner. Overall, I really like this. my skin doesn't feel dry or tight after I use it and the softness has returned to my face again. All without breaking me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by cathyz123

this is a great cleanser - it lathers/foams really nicely, is gentle on my skin, leaves me skin looking clean and clear without drying out my skin. would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

My HG daily cleanser. Thank god for this stuff. I use it all year long. Cleans my face without making it dry. Perfect for all the whole year! It doesn't break me out, and doesn't break the bank. Love!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by monicaking77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Background info regarding my skin: very oily, very sensitive, very acne/clog-prone (aren't I lucky!)

I bought this cleanser to take on a trip with me when I was running out of my usual HG (Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser) and didn't have the time to reorder. I choose to try the Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser by Aveeno because of the reviews on here and also because I thought that it sounded like a cleanser that could meet my skin's needs. I generally want a cleanser that will gently but thoroughly cleanse my skin and remove my foundation (to avoid breakouts) without irritating or over-stripping my skin (causing irritation). I'm sure many of you know that sensitive and acne-prone skin is a difficult combination as many of the products designed to treat one problem exacerbates the other.

That all being said, I did not like this cleanser and I will not repurchase. First of all, it was NOT "ultra-calming." My skin felt tight, turned red, and was very itchy after using this. Additionally, it did not cleanse my pores adequately. It also failed at removing foundation given the thin consistency with minimal lather. I don't know if you are keeping track, but that's 0 out of 2, and I wouldn't recommend this for oily skinned girls OR sensitive skin girls and least of all for girls like me who have both. Try Paula's Choice instead. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ZenArcade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd give this a try since I like foaming cleansers and have mild rosacea. Plus, I've had good luck with other Aveeno products. This cleanser is OK, but not fabulous -- it doesn't remove makeup as well as I would like it to, and my skin feels a touch dry right after using. I'll finish the bottle, but then go back to Olay's sensitive-skin foaming cleanser; it's cheap and works very well for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lilianrubyrose

Finally, one of the better cleansers for my periorbital dermatitis. Does what the name says - ultra-calming. On top of that, it takes off all may make-up with 2 pumps of the stuff.

I actually was going to pick up the Positively Radiant cleanser when my local pharmacist (who knows my condition inside out) told me to go for this one instead. "Less aggravators for facial eczema sufferers" he says.

It's cheap and makes me very cheerful. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Diana4444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this b/c of the reviews and I wanted to take a break from harsh acne cleansers. The first thing I noticed is that it took about four pumps of this stuff to feel like I have cleanser on my skin, I didn't feel like I was cleaning my face. Afterwards, my skin felt very dry and tight. I think this is a good cleanser for someone who hasn't used many cleansers bc their skin is not used to the harsh chemicals... ugh!