October 1, 2014 | 1326 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ennisprettykitty

I really like this stuff, im lethal with a tweezers and because i have fair skin all my hairs show up, and off i go!!I have average eye lashes, nothing major or anything, anyways, i used this and i really did notice a difference.At first when i used this on my eye lashes i found it was causing them to water and sting a bit, but after reading another lady's review, i realised i was using this too close to my lash line, and after i had no more problems, it also made a big difference to my eyebrows and worked quickly.This is a great product, but the con is you do have to keep using this, but it seems to last forever so i reckon its good value, it can also be bought in bulk from e bay to save you even more money:)Really like this product and would def recommend it:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by arias1706

For those of you who are having trouble finding this product (I searched for this for over 2 months) I would recommend swinging by an Ulta outlet. I just bought mine tonight and am very excited about it. They have a plethora beauty products and brands that are hard to come by at other retail places.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by thriller10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

ive got good lashes and i have lots of them , if they were longer it would look like having false lashes . i got this product today and tried it this morning and tonight . i will keep you updated on how there getting on , oh and if you cant find them have a look on amazon and ebay :: - UPDATE . its only been a few days but im noticing a difference , i think my lashes just look alot better , but i might just be imagining it , il update soon UPDATE - i dont think im going to buy it again , it asnt really made much difference in length

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PRODUCT IMAGES INCLUDED. Please click Continued for full review.

First of all, to make things clear, I'm one of those "don't believe it until you see it" kinds of people. If I don't have blindingly clear visual proof that a product has worked (be it skincare or whatever), then it doesn't work. I bought 2 tubes of this lash accelerator stuff awhile back, and tossed out the first one after testing for a month because it didn't look like it was doing anything. About two months ago, I picked up the 2nd tube and started using it every night. After a month and a half, I had my visual proof. My right eye always had this minor gap in the bottom lashes for as long as I could remember, and it definitely looked much more filled in than before. I stared at it up close, and sure enough, there were two mini lashes growing in the gap. This might seem like nothing, but I swear that this lash gap NEVER sprung lashes, ever. So that miracle aside, I kept using Ardell. Then recently I read a review of someone using Latisse whose lashes grew like crazy but the ends weren't pigmented, and I decided to check out my own lashes for the heck of it. Sure enough, the end lashes that I kept thinking looked longer lately for some reason had several millimeters of unpigmented (blonde-light brown, as opposed to my usual black) tips. I can only see the tips of the lashes if I turn my head a certain way under the bathroom light, which is why I never noticed it before just standing in front of the mirror. Then today, I was rubbing my eyes vigorously, and the longest lash I had ever witnessed came out. This lash also had millimeters of unpigmented tip at the end. The tip of the lash definitely "grew out" of the base lash that I had before, because the diameter was considerably less that the rest of the lash and more wispy. If these tips really get long, I might dye the suckers just so the full extent of my lash growth can be visible. I'm still iffy about the idea of eyelash dyeing though... So if you're using this and it looks like you don't have any lash growth, look up close this way and that under the light and see if you have any growing ends.

Oh, and here are some application and usage tips...

1) When applying, wiggle the brush around the lash line first, and then brush it out through the lashes.
2) Avoid getting this in your eyes at all costs, because it will leave (as someone else mentioned) an annoying film in your eyes, which can be particularly irritating for contact users. This happened to me several times, and I simply adjusted my application method and haven't had problems since. Just be careful near the lashline and don't apply globs near there. If you're applying on your bottom lashes too, avoid hitting the water line, and if you do, use a q tip to clean it up. For me, this was the number one cause of films in my eye.
3) After you finish applying, wait a few minutes and then close your eyes firmly together and sort of wiggle your eye area so that your top and bottom lashes rub against each other back and forth.. or you can just vigorously blink several times. This gets out the globs of Ardell in your lashes. You only need a layer to coat, not globs that can potentially transfer into your eyes and elsewhere. Now wipe off the excess that has transferred onto your lids (right above the top lashline) and the bottom of the eye (right under the bottom lashline.) This process also prevents lash growth issues else where (aka on the tops of your cheeks.)

Overall, this isn't a miracle product. It's not going to give you Brooke Shields' Latisse lashes (are those even real!?), but it will help maintain the lashes you currently have and aid in their growth at a cheap cost. One more thing to note is that I do have more unpigmented small ashes growing near my lashline now, helping out in lash density, even if it's a minor contribution. I'll update this review in a couple months, or if any significant findings pop up again.

Next to Revlon lipstick for size comparison:

Hope this helped! continued >>

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product almost every night for a month and a half. I have definitely seen results. My lashes are thicker and longer and I have new lashes growing in. When I wear mascara I've been asked if my lashes were fake. I did start out with medium length full lashes. I will continue to use this for as long as I can. I would definitely recommend this. I only paid about $5 for it so its worth giving a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Missyb1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works, after about 2 weeks, I noticed my new lashes growing in above my lash line and the lashes I already had seemed longer. Its now been about 6 weeks and both my top and bottom lashes are longer, a little thicker and oh so pretty. I took off one lippie because the brush/applicator is really hard and scratchy and I had to be careful not to hurt my eyelids when applying this. Overall great product, will be buying again once I run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Ombre_bleue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tested this product for a few weeks but i had to stop, since it dried out my lash line. For those who have less sensitivity, i might work. Of course you wont get latisse result, but i saw some results in the length of my lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by kogeafro

This really works!! My lashes were dead after getting extension and yanking them out. I know I know, you're supposed to get it removed at the salon, but I just didn't have time and I didn't want to go to an interview with them on. So after reading great reviews here I gave it a try. It was really cheap on ebay. I have used this for 2 months. To be honest I have not been very consistent, so I applied 2-3 times a week before I went to sleep. But I was amazed when I looked into the mirror today. My lashes looks fuller and longer than before I got my extensions. There are new growths in areas where I never had lashes as well. I didn't apply product on my lower lash, but I see lengthening in lower lashes as well. I don't think find my lashes to be thicker, but it definitely lengthens them and promote new growth!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

I think I've been using this for about 3-4 weeks and I can already tell a difference! I have thin and fairly short asian lashes. They're not super short, but are certainly not long. And I really do think they've grown a tiny bit, it's noticeable. The most noticeable are my bottom lashes. Normally they're fairly nonexistent. Now, I can actually see a few! Still nothing tremendous, but there are definitely more hairs and they're longer and visible. It didn't do anything for my brows though, or at least not yet. I've been putting it where I have patches, but nothing's grown. Oh well, still working wonders for my lashes! It's dirt cheap and since it actually works, I'll keep on using it to see just how long I can get my lashes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how fast this works. I've been using this for almost a week and I can tell that my lashes have grown a bit. Hopefully with consistent use, I'll have fuller longer lashes. Some have said this has irriated their eyes, and that is true, but this only happens to me when I over apply. If you do only 1-2 coats, your eyes should be fine.
This product is hard to find. I found this at Rite Aid and it was the last one. If you can find a store that is selling several, I suggest stocking up since other people are saying this product is being discontinued. =(