MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

4.4

on 3/5/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have 4 fluidlines so far, and they've pretty much replaced my pencil eyeliners since I started using them about 2 years ago. I debated between blacktrack and blitz and glitz when I wanted a black one, and ultimately decided on this one because I wanted something a touch softer for daytime. And it turned out to be pretty much what I was looking for: softer, but still black, definitely not gray. I do wish the glitter showed up a bit better, I can see it when I really look closely, but it's not noticeable from more than a few inches away. I would repurchase if I ever actually managed to use this up, but I also do want blacktrack. As for staying power, these last all day on my oily lids, if anything they're tough to remove.

on 3/4/2009 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I actually really prefer regular black or brown to this shade. It is an odd in between color, IMO. It's not very original, because the shimmer doesn't show, and it lacks the intensity of actual black.

I also own the MAC Fluidline in Dipdown (dark brown), which is far better for tightlining than this shade. It seems that whenever I try to tightline wiht B&G, it disappears. :\

on 2/19/2009 2:13:00 PM

Pros- when applied you see some little gold sparkles in the black eyeliner on the lids i like how it glides on smoothly but i have to keep dipping my brush in to get a good consistence on my lids

Cons- i notice at first it seemed dry going on but i had to play with the liner to warm it up and let it glide smoothly

ill probley buy this again since i do like it

on 2/18/2009 12:24:00 PM

This is a great color. Its black without being harsh and the gold sheen makes it special and unique. Being pale with dark brown eyes, I find that a rich black is a bit too much for daytime, but this is perfect to wear anytime. I mostly wear it as an eyeliner, but it also looks great as an eyeshadow. Dries very quickly and stayed on all day long.

on 2/8/2009 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My favorite eyeliner, better than Benefit's or Kanebos. Gives a rich black and the gold actually show up nicely against my dark brown eyes. It's pretty rub-proof and has fantastic staying power especially since I have oily lids.

on 2/5/2009 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was a little hesitant to try this after a bad experience with Macroviolet fluidline. I'm glad I took the leap, though, because this is now officially my HG liner! For me, a dip (with my Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush) is sufficient for each eye. Pigmentation is rich, although the glitter doesn't show up well (which is unfortunate, but predictable). This is a great alternative to liquid liners (which I've been using for years), which, although they provide a flawless, neat look, are often thick and very artificial in appearance. Will definitely repurchase (when I run out of this, say, in two years or so!).

on 2/2/2009 9:20:00 PM

This is my favorite eyeliner and I have tried a lot. The texture is perfect and it is easy to apply. the colour is a really nice black with a hint of gold gilter that doesn't really show up that much. I have tried most of the fluidlines and this is my favorite as it is smoother and easier to apply.

I love this eyeliner, my HG when it comes to gel/liquid liners =) Although there are sparkles in it, they are quite discrete and not over powering. I don't have a very steady hand so this product is perfect =) I apply it with the MAC 266 brush and I get a perfect application almost every time =) I definitely recommend this!

on 1/24/2009 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm a big fan of fluidlines and it is my preferred gel e/l .

But trying to appreciate darker (black gel eyeliner); i had this f/l recommended from the boards.

My con against black eyeliners is the fact that I think it look harsh and ick on me.

But this has some shimmer to it and it's a softer black.

included are product pics and eotd with it on.

Blitz and glitz is on the left

continued >>

on 1/10/2009 4:26:00 AM

Love it!

Pros:
- It last all day! ( I dont use it on my waterline. It wasnt made for that)
- Easy to apply. ( for me its easy. I can understand why its hard for other. But if you have applied it. You dont have to do it again like with other products)
- You get a lot of product! I have been using this for a year (everyday) and im still not through. I have used like 1/3. So if I do the math it must last me three years haha.
- It doesnt dry out. My fluidline looks as good as day one. I store it in my make up box.

Cons:
- Not really a con, but the color is black + glitter. I love love love very black eyeliner. And this product isnt a very intense black. So i would recommend it if you are looking for a not too harsh black color.
- Not super pigmented.

Coclusion:
Price vs quality= Excellent! Nice color, it last and you get a lot of product.