April 21, 2014 | 1504 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

Cheap, protects, doesn't make my hair oily/greasy. HG heat protection product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it. I've used both the CHI and the got2be heat protectants, but this takes the cake. Very inexpensive, works as both a heat protectant and detangler without weighing hair down or being sticky. The nozzle sprays the product evenly. The smell is inoffensive, and goes away in an hour or two anyway, so it won't interfere with perfume. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I've gone through a few bottles of this stuff, so I'm able to let you know how I feel about this product very well.

I heat style my hair a few days out the week for several years, so I've been through many heat protectants.

I've repurchased the Tresemme one more than any of the others for these reasons:

1) It's very cheap, and it's available everywhere. No hunting it down, as Tresemme is sold at every major drugstore, Walmart, etc.

2) The packaging is great. I love that it's a spray, so no sticky or greasy hands. YAY!

3) It smells great!

4) No matter how much I spray, it doesn't weigh down my hair, or make my hair look oily or greasy. Still bouncey as ever!

5) I DO notice a difference when I'm being lazy and don't use this vs. when I do use this. My ends aren't as brittle and my hair breaks less.

I was skeptical when I used this - I never really thought it did anything. But, it wasn't until I finished a bottle I decided I wanted it again. I am use to using heat protecting serums, which make the hair feel soft, silky and make my ends look shiny (Fantasia IC Heat Polisher for example). I expected the same from this product. When it didn't make my hair soft-ER or shiny-ER, I thought it wasn't working. So I neglected using it and noticed how I much my ends would break. The following time I'd use the heat protector and no breakage! So don't be fooled. Many heat protectors simply coat your hair in silicone which will make your hair temporarily feel really soft and silky, and that feeling will go away by the next day, and you'll need to coat your hair in it again and again until you have loads of build-up in your hair. Yes, this product contains silicones, but not nearly as much as others I've tried.

Buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Smont

This product does the job. It smells good, but not amazing. It hasn't really made any noticeable difference in my hair but it doesn't weigh my hair down like other heat sprays do. I bought the spray because it is convenient but I think I may have had better luck luck with the serum. However, all in all not a bad product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by kamiegirlie98

I really do love this spray. I use it with a curling iron on a regular basis and I was worried about damage at first but after a few months I haven't seen any damage at all. It also helps to hold the curl, smells great, and Tresemme is cruelty-free. The packaging travels well. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by caileydawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My HG heat protector. The mist is very fine (which is more than I can say for other heat protectors that I've used) and it smells really good! I use this even when I'm not using any heated tools against my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't see how this has bad reviews I love it. I have straight-wavy hair that's a little on the fine side. This doesn't weigh me down and adds great shine. I love the smell too. My hair dresser always compliments me about how I have great ends. I barely have any split ends. I have to think that this is the helper. Ill continue to re purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- adds shine
- rid of frizz
- not sticky (if applied to wet hair)

Cons

- bottle can leak

Comments: Applied to dry hair and it will leave your hair feeling sticky and dry. I don't even know why it's recommended due to this containing so much water. Apply it to towel dried hair and it works perfectly fine. You can blow dry after or air dry, but the results are significantly better this way. I still like my serums because I love the glossy effect they give, but this is a great heat protectant especially for fine hair.

Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by kcarideo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I'm not amazed by this product. I don't notice a huge difference in the health of my hair from using this over an extended period of time. I mainly use this for some reassurance that maybe I'm not TOTALLY destroying my hair, and the extra shine it gives me. Not great, but not horrible either.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wavy thick hair so it its a process to straighten it and it takes quite some heat unless I want to be doing it all day. I have already put my hair through a couple of bleachings and Colored the tips fire engine red do it has been through a lot and needed alot of protection. So while at Walmart I was about to pick up my regular got 2 b hair protectant then stumbled upon this and it was a couple of cents less then the got2b(can you tell i'm cheap) so I went with this instead. This stuff worked amazing when I sprayed it on my damp hair along with a serum to Blow out my hair then after I blew it out I, put more of this on but not to much since it is water based and I don't want to undo what I have already done. Then I just flat iron my hairand I know it works at protecting because my hair doesn't smell burnt. The only down side is that the smell can be annoying after a while and the nozzle trends to leak