July 29, 2014 | 2150 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really was disappointed with this because the shades are so pale! The honey shade which I usually wear with CG was about five shades too light for some reason, and it's the darkest color in the line! It went on smoothly but didn't cover very well. I really loved the pump bottle. Unfortunately it had to go back because it was too light. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had changing skin for the past year or so. Consequently, what used to work is not always working now. I guess that's what comes with middle age and maturing skin. Anyway I have a whole drawer full of foundations, liquid, mineral, cream to powder, cheap, expensive, on and on. Out of all of them, this one seems to work the best and I must say I'm surprized. I found if I use a triangular sponge and layer it on in light layers my face looks rather flawless, and it's not. Sometimes I use a concealer since the coverage can be light. I bought the powder compact that goes with this and it helps. The color, Natural Ivory seems to be a good match, so I'm happy. The coverage doesn't last all day and has to be touched up. I don't wear this everyday. I'm just fickle, what can I say?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MzxTina

i love this foundation. it's light and non like most of the foundation you'd get, this actually has a flowery scent that i really really like. this medium coverage foundation blends well on my skin and gives my skin a dewy glow which make it looking very healthy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2006 10:48:00 PM More reviews by taylorsmom1118

I bet I'll break out just thinking about this product!

I thought the coverage was nice. A little hard to blend. But it broke my skin out horribly every single time I used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Chali12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't buy this actual product--I bought the little samples you can get for $2-$3. You get two small containers of it, each sample a different color so you can make a better decision on which to use, which is defidently a good thing. I reccomend trying the samples before going out and buying the actual product (which I myself have not done yet). The coverage I found is good, and I didn't feel it all day, which is a major plus for me.
I use a moisturizer under this, and Revlon colorstay conceler over problem areas. For me at least, they all work perfectly so the last thing on my mind is how my skin looks. I haven't had any flaking, but I've only been using it for a few days.
I really like the glow this gives my skin, especially since other foundations I've used made my skin look dull and flakey when I had zits.
I'm actually only 16, but having even a small bit of powder on my "laugh line" area makes them so prominent and like I took a black pen and drew them in down there, no matter how much moisturizer I put on (I do need make-up there, because I haven't gotten a chance to get some more covergirl compact powder in the right color yet, so I have to do a few tricks to get it to work right with the rest of my tone. However, I also have to do contouring [any tips you have would be great!!!] so that may be a factor). Having this on (I have it in 105 and 110) with a little conceler (I use [the color] "light") makes them invisable all day, no matter how much make-up I'm wearing.
Sorry for the long post, but this is my first review and I hope it helps, especially those with the same skin problems as me who've also spent hours searching hopelessly online!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2006 6:16:00 AM More reviews by myfatcatmittens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this and have used it a few times. I got the shade in classic beige, which is too pale for my skin shade, I should've gotten buff beige. It doesn't accentuate any wrinkles and fine lines, gives a soft velvety coverage. The coverage is LIGHT, which is my main gripe. I need medium coverage because I have freckles and skin discolorations and this product didn't cover any of those up. It's coverage is way too light for me. Even when I re-applied several times. But still I like this product, but no it's not the best powder-foundation I've ever used. Update: grrr everytime I use this, it brakes me out! I'm switching back to Maybelline Pure Stay (truly the best powder-foundation I've used so far).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail. I have dry skin. Natural Ivory is a perfect match for me and totally evens out my ruddy complexion. It goes on weightless and keeps my skin looking and feeling great all day. I'm seriously old school and I apply it with scrupulously clean fingertips instead of the sponge for a flawless and natural finish. My only complaint is that it is not yet available in Canada in compact form. Oh, I tried Aquasmooth before a dear MUA friend sent me this, and it was nowhere near as good. I could feel it on my face the whole day and couldn't wait to wash it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by YourSweetFantasy

I am still on the fence about this product. I have it in 115 Natural Ivory. It is ok, except I notice that when I put it on my chin it sort of settles and doesn't rub in very well. I have some acne on my chin. It doesn't give much coverage either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by yumino

I bought this to use after I work out over the lunch hour--it is perfect for this purpose. I use Ivory, and I was a bit scared to go with CG because of bad experiences in colors before, but I swear this looks better than any Prescriptives/EL match I've ever gotten. Super quick app, seems like it has good lasting power (on my extremely combo skin), and amazingly natural coverage while still providing good coverage! I have acne prone skin, but haven't had any of the problems similarly situated users cite.

Downsides: packaging. This is a very big compact IMO. Also, a bit more matte than I would pick.

Would also rec replacing the sponge AT LEAST once every two weeks--gets nasty quick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this sits at the bottom of my makeup drawer, but every once in a while -- photographs usually it comes out and I look flawless. I tried Aquasmooth and didn't like it. I was suckered into a sale at Target, and it wa $5.00. At first I was ready to throw it out--too many flakes on my dry skin. Someone told me moisturize well, and wet the sponge. A wet sponge makes a huge difference in application for a dry skin user. Give it a try, it will be work it. I use 105 ivory, and it is not too yellow for my ppp skin.