April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2006 10:48:00 PM More reviews by taylorsmom1118

I bet I'll break out just thinking about this product!

I thought the coverage was nice. A little hard to blend. But it broke my skin out horribly every single time I used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Chali12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't buy this actual product--I bought the little samples you can get for $2-$3. You get two small containers of it, each sample a different color so you can make a better decision on which to use, which is defidently a good thing. I reccomend trying the samples before going out and buying the actual product (which I myself have not done yet). The coverage I found is good, and I didn't feel it all day, which is a major plus for me.
I use a moisturizer under this, and Revlon colorstay conceler over problem areas. For me at least, they all work perfectly so the last thing on my mind is how my skin looks. I haven't had any flaking, but I've only been using it for a few days.
I really like the glow this gives my skin, especially since other foundations I've used made my skin look dull and flakey when I had zits.
I'm actually only 16, but having even a small bit of powder on my "laugh line" area makes them so prominent and like I took a black pen and drew them in down there, no matter how much moisturizer I put on (I do need make-up there, because I haven't gotten a chance to get some more covergirl compact powder in the right color yet, so I have to do a few tricks to get it to work right with the rest of my tone. However, I also have to do contouring [any tips you have would be great!!!] so that may be a factor). Having this on (I have it in 105 and 110) with a little conceler (I use [the color] "light") makes them invisable all day, no matter how much make-up I'm wearing.
Sorry for the long post, but this is my first review and I hope it helps, especially those with the same skin problems as me who've also spent hours searching hopelessly online!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2006 6:16:00 AM More reviews by myfatcatmittens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this and have used it a few times. I got the shade in classic beige, which is too pale for my skin shade, I should've gotten buff beige. It doesn't accentuate any wrinkles and fine lines, gives a soft velvety coverage. The coverage is LIGHT, which is my main gripe. I need medium coverage because I have freckles and skin discolorations and this product didn't cover any of those up. It's coverage is way too light for me. Even when I re-applied several times. But still I like this product, but no it's not the best powder-foundation I've ever used. Update: grrr everytime I use this, it brakes me out! I'm switching back to Maybelline Pure Stay (truly the best powder-foundation I've used so far).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail. I have dry skin. Natural Ivory is a perfect match for me and totally evens out my ruddy complexion. It goes on weightless and keeps my skin looking and feeling great all day. I'm seriously old school and I apply it with scrupulously clean fingertips instead of the sponge for a flawless and natural finish. My only complaint is that it is not yet available in Canada in compact form. Oh, I tried Aquasmooth before a dear MUA friend sent me this, and it was nowhere near as good. I could feel it on my face the whole day and couldn't wait to wash it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by YourSweetFantasy

I am still on the fence about this product. I have it in 115 Natural Ivory. It is ok, except I notice that when I put it on my chin it sort of settles and doesn't rub in very well. I have some acne on my chin. It doesn't give much coverage either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by yumino

I bought this to use after I work out over the lunch hour--it is perfect for this purpose. I use Ivory, and I was a bit scared to go with CG because of bad experiences in colors before, but I swear this looks better than any Prescriptives/EL match I've ever gotten. Super quick app, seems like it has good lasting power (on my extremely combo skin), and amazingly natural coverage while still providing good coverage! I have acne prone skin, but haven't had any of the problems similarly situated users cite.

Downsides: packaging. This is a very big compact IMO. Also, a bit more matte than I would pick.

Would also rec replacing the sponge AT LEAST once every two weeks--gets nasty quick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this sits at the bottom of my makeup drawer, but every once in a while -- photographs usually it comes out and I look flawless. I tried Aquasmooth and didn't like it. I was suckered into a sale at Target, and it wa $5.00. At first I was ready to throw it out--too many flakes on my dry skin. Someone told me moisturize well, and wet the sponge. A wet sponge makes a huge difference in application for a dry skin user. Give it a try, it will be work it. I use 105 ivory, and it is not too yellow for my ppp skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2006 7:37:00 PM More reviews by hepgal13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yet another product I have a love/ hate relationship with.... I adore the way it looks on, and I have never been able to use a creme or creme to powder formula without feeling like I've got a skin covering layer that will require a jackhammer to remove. It blends beautifull, and you look healthy, radiant, slightly suedy rather than all out dewy ( which is my prefered finish, anyway). But.. I can only use it maybe once or twice a week, with heavy doses of zit-fighters in between. It clogs my pores in a heartbeat... However, I love the finish enough to carefully stratgize what days I need to look my best, so those will be my Advanced Radiance days... The rest I'm back to good old Jane Iredale Pure Pressed with a layer of Clean & Clear underneath....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 12:48:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I needed a compact foundation and I love Olay skincare, so I thought I would try this. I was a little put off spending $10 for drugstore foundation, but I put that aside. I really like the way it feels on my skin, but I wish the coverage was a little better. It doesn't really look "radiant" or anything either. It's OK, and I might buy it again, but I will probably try anoyther compact foundation since I have never tried one before and really like the concept.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started with CoverGirl's Aquasmooth foundation, which I LOVED. It was my HG foundation. Then they came out with the Radiance, in that same type packaging as the Aquasmooth, so I figured I'd try it out. OMG! This is even BETTER than Aquasmooth, if you a more "mature" MUA'er. It contains Oil of Olay booster ingredients, and offers excellent coverage. I cannot say enough about this foundation. It evens my skin tone, I don't need an extra concealer. I've turned many of my co-workers on to it and they all rave about it. Go spend the $10 at Wal-Mart to try it.