December 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by shimmersweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally tried this because I got a coupon in the mail, and I'm so glad I did! Ivory matches my skintone EXACTLY...and I always have the toughest time finding a perfect match for my light neutral/olive skintone. The texture is creamy and slightly velvety (probably due to the Olay ingredients). The coverage is buildable and heavy enough to cover my cystic acne and old scars. The formula is very similar to CG Aquasmooth, except that Aquasmooth provides a tad bit more coverage and is less moisturizing. I'd rather use Advanced Radiance in the dry, winter months and Aquasmooth in the humid, summer months. I'm very happy with Advanced Radiance for now, and will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by BHill0821

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this at first and then it kinda just pooped out on me. Made my face nice and smooth the first couple of day s and then my face was all greasy by the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2006 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Misputer

I wanted so badly to like this. I've used just about all CG foundations and this was a BOGO 1/2 off (so I got the powder too). Within a week I had cystic acne that I haven't been bothered with for a long time. In fact, 3 weeks later, I still have some lingering. I didn't feel that it made me too oily, but something but the OoO products must not have agreed with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really was disappointed with this because the shades are so pale! The honey shade which I usually wear with CG was about five shades too light for some reason, and it's the darkest color in the line! It went on smoothly but didn't cover very well. I really loved the pump bottle. Unfortunately it had to go back because it was too light. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had changing skin for the past year or so. Consequently, what used to work is not always working now. I guess that's what comes with middle age and maturing skin. Anyway I have a whole drawer full of foundations, liquid, mineral, cream to powder, cheap, expensive, on and on. Out of all of them, this one seems to work the best and I must say I'm surprized. I found if I use a triangular sponge and layer it on in light layers my face looks rather flawless, and it's not. Sometimes I use a concealer since the coverage can be light. I bought the powder compact that goes with this and it helps. The color, Natural Ivory seems to be a good match, so I'm happy. The coverage doesn't last all day and has to be touched up. I don't wear this everyday. I'm just fickle, what can I say?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MzxTina

i love this foundation. it's light and non like most of the foundation you'd get, this actually has a flowery scent that i really really like. this medium coverage foundation blends well on my skin and gives my skin a dewy glow which make it looking very healthy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2006 10:48:00 PM More reviews by taylorsmom1118

I bet I'll break out just thinking about this product!

I thought the coverage was nice. A little hard to blend. But it broke my skin out horribly every single time I used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Chali12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't buy this actual product--I bought the little samples you can get for $2-$3. You get two small containers of it, each sample a different color so you can make a better decision on which to use, which is defidently a good thing. I reccomend trying the samples before going out and buying the actual product (which I myself have not done yet). The coverage I found is good, and I didn't feel it all day, which is a major plus for me.
I use a moisturizer under this, and Revlon colorstay conceler over problem areas. For me at least, they all work perfectly so the last thing on my mind is how my skin looks. I haven't had any flaking, but I've only been using it for a few days.
I really like the glow this gives my skin, especially since other foundations I've used made my skin look dull and flakey when I had zits.
I'm actually only 16, but having even a small bit of powder on my "laugh line" area makes them so prominent and like I took a black pen and drew them in down there, no matter how much moisturizer I put on (I do need make-up there, because I haven't gotten a chance to get some more covergirl compact powder in the right color yet, so I have to do a few tricks to get it to work right with the rest of my tone. However, I also have to do contouring [any tips you have would be great!!!] so that may be a factor). Having this on (I have it in 105 and 110) with a little conceler (I use [the color] "light") makes them invisable all day, no matter how much make-up I'm wearing.
Sorry for the long post, but this is my first review and I hope it helps, especially those with the same skin problems as me who've also spent hours searching hopelessly online!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2006 6:16:00 AM More reviews by myfatcatmittens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this and have used it a few times. I got the shade in classic beige, which is too pale for my skin shade, I should've gotten buff beige. It doesn't accentuate any wrinkles and fine lines, gives a soft velvety coverage. The coverage is LIGHT, which is my main gripe. I need medium coverage because I have freckles and skin discolorations and this product didn't cover any of those up. It's coverage is way too light for me. Even when I re-applied several times. But still I like this product, but no it's not the best powder-foundation I've ever used. Update: grrr everytime I use this, it brakes me out! I'm switching back to Maybelline Pure Stay (truly the best powder-foundation I've used so far).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail. I have dry skin. Natural Ivory is a perfect match for me and totally evens out my ruddy complexion. It goes on weightless and keeps my skin looking and feeling great all day. I'm seriously old school and I apply it with scrupulously clean fingertips instead of the sponge for a flawless and natural finish. My only complaint is that it is not yet available in Canada in compact form. Oh, I tried Aquasmooth before a dear MUA friend sent me this, and it was nowhere near as good. I could feel it on my face the whole day and couldn't wait to wash it off.