Glysomed

4.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glucose, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel extract), Alcohol Denatured, Rosa Canina Leaf Extract, BHT, Sodium Lactate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Glyceryl Stearate, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Citric Acid, Fragrance

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Holy moly, this is the best hand cream ever. I can't get over it. I've gone through tubes of Dermalogica, Ahava, Sally Hansen, Neutrogena, you name it-- in search of the ideal hand cream, and I can't believe this is it. It combines the silkiness of Ahava and the absorption and protection of Neutrogena-- but it's SO CHEAP and works better than both. I also like that it comes in Unscented (my preference) and that the tube is small enough to fit in a pocket, but lasts forever because you only have to use a small amount at a time. I will never forget the first time I tried this: I'd been moving furniture in windy, below-freezing weather and my hands were so chapped they nearly bled. I picked up a tube at Duane Reade and deperately applied it to my poor hands-- it was like a miracle. The chapped "pain" went away and my hands looked like new. This stuff got me through one brutal New York winter and I'm sticking with it.

on 3/4/2006 8:54:00 PM

I like this. DH bought one on impulse one day when he needed something for his dry, cracking hands. I gave it a shot myself one day and I discovered, pleasantly, that it works really well as a hand AND cuticle cream. I have a tendency to test out hand creams this way, and if it works on my dry cuticles, I know it'll work anywhere. I find the price of Glysomed varies, depending on where you look. I've seen the tiny travel size sell anywhere between $2-4 (CAD), but I picked up a massive tube at Costco for $7. Greasy and slippery, but only if you use too much. This is one of those products which the term, "A little goes a long way," truly applies. Good stuff.

on 1/30/2006 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use the unscented hand cream on my face and it does a great job at moisturizing for the winter time. It goes on waxy but it does its job at sealing in moisture. I like how it's non-greasy, not too light, no weird scent, and cheap! I got a 50 mL bottle for about $3 CDN.

on 1/2/2006 2:46:00 PM

This isn't quite a heavy-duty hand cream, but it works for smoothing out moderately-dry skin and making it feel extra-silky. Very cheap too--a little tube is around 3 USD and you can get cute mini tubes for about 40 cents! There's a slightly medicinal smell but it doesn't bother me. I'll probably pick up a full-sized tube when I run out of my sample.

on 11/19/2005 6:01:00 PM

This is the only stuff that works on my dry hands in the winter. I have the the green (scented) disc-shaped one, as well as the small unscented travel sized tubes. I love them both, but prefer the unscented one since the scented is a little too perfumey for me and reminds me of "that aunt". You know which aunt I'm talking about... you all have one.

The small travel sized tube is amazing, I have one in my jacket pocket, in my purse, in my backpack... everywhere! But the thing is, it's kind of expensive for how little is in there -- the 10mL tube was over $2 CAD. I buy several of them at a time anyway because it's the only thing I'll ever use.

Will continue to repurchase!

on 11/7/2005 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

My favorite hand cream (I use the tube version, but just purchased a tub for the house). It is a bit slippery, but that's just the glycerin working.

on 10/31/2005 12:27:00 PM

Wonderful stuff. My staple night hand cream for warmer weather. Used to buy Neutrogena Norwegian Formula, but this is cheaper, works just as well, and smooths on much more easily than super-thick Neutrogena. I get mine at CVS or Drugstore.com. In the winter it doesn't do the trick for me...then I switch to the much more expensive (but effective) Lotil. This comes in an unscented version that doesn't have any funky smell to it as many uunscented lotions tend to do. It leaves hands much too slippery to handle doorknobs and steering wheels, so I only use it at night. Feels very soothing on my hands, never irritates my skin when it's chapped, helps the cuticles, and is good on feet and elbows, too.

on 7/31/2005 9:05:00 PM

This is my drugstore-HG hand cream. It's great: the only problem is, now I can't find it anymore. I bought two tubes when I did find it, but that's not enough. It's rich, creamy, and it doesn't irritate my skin (and yes, I have used it on my face). If you find this, buy it. (Has no SPF, sadly).

on 7/15/2005 10:06:00 PM

This is one great hand cream (and I've tried a lot of the ones on the market, including the higher-end products with shea butter). A friend of mine who is a nurse recommended this product. It helped relieved my dry, cracking hands. I got the tub version. I would recommend the tube version since it is more sanitary.

on 7/11/2005 10:09:00 PM

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Very rich hand cream. Around $2 US for 50 mL/1.7 fl oz. at most drugstores. Also comes in different sizes.

PACKAGING Glysomed comes in either a plastic tub or an upright squeeze tube (which I have). The squeeze tube is sanitary and easy to use. I did not like the tub because it can be messy and hard to open since this cream makes things slippery.

MOISTURIZING POWER This is a heavy duty hand cream. It is thick and rich. I am a student nurse and I wash my hands dozens and dozens of times a day and I also frequently use alcohol-based hand santizers and powdered latex gloves. Life is often not kind to my hands. At night, Glysomed moisturizes and soothes my dry, cracked skin and helps a little bit with rashes and itching. In the morning, there is a noticeable difference.

GREASINESS? YES! This cream tends to sit on top of skin and makes my hands very slippery. This is why I only use this at night.

STAYING POWER This cream is, of course, not waterproof. It is not going to last the kind of handwashing that I do. However, I rarely need to reapply it if I just leave it alone. In the morning, I still feel it on top of my skin.

OVERALL A welcome treat for my hands but not good for day use because of the slippery feel. I would repurchase. continued >>