July 25, 2014 | 1550 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it again. When it first came out in the 80's I loved it. bought the perfume and lotion which is wonderful and lasting and not nearly as strong as the perfume and wore it always and got so many compliments..and men loved it... I mean LOVED it. I stopped wearing it over 15 years ago and just recently bought another body lotion and I still love it. First wear after 15 years and my significant other was really taken by it... it's a keeper .. but I do prefer the lotion or cream.. much nicer, smoother..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

I am always tricked to buy fragrance from EL. and i dun even know or understand why. There is something very lady-like in their smell, rather special and unique as well... but i often regret after buying. It will not last and the last layer always smell funny. Beautiful has a very "outdated" type of smell... if that makes sense at all!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm blown away by how almost everyone likes this fragrance. However, I never like what is considered very popular or "classic" so there we are. I mean, everyone raves about Chanel #5 but to me it smells like mothballs. Same with Beautiful-i tried it in Macy's and it smelled really sharp at first. I let it sit for a while and smelled the scent strip again-no sale. It mellow out a bit but it still doesn't smell remotely floral. It just smells sharp, loud and suffocationg. I guess this is the matter of taste but its definately not for me. My BF ex-wife wore it so thankfully its the only perfume I have to avoid and since I can't stand it its no hardship.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by BaileyS01

My mom has worn this perfume for as long as I can remember and she still gets compliments on it. Smells wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 5:59:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

i think this perfume is exquisite. it is strong - very strong - and needs to be handled with care! i have been known to bathe in perfumes to the detriment of the people around me, but i have only been wearing two sprays of beautiful, and that is more than enough. this scent has serious sillage. one spray alone will leave a scented trail in your wake. so, yes, it is very strong, and it could be described as a little dated - i prefer to use the words classic or timeless! and unlike perfumes from eras passed like poison, or youth dew, i find this one a lot more wearable. as for the scent itself - i don't know how i could describe it other than to say it is a very intense floral. it smells like a thousand flowers and very little else - on me i do also notice a sort of dried floral note which smells a little like a herbal tea bag (but in a good way!). well, this perfume certainly isn't for everyone, but sprayed delicately, it is sublime, and worth a try if you want to stand out from the crowd!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by alissss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I want to say I will not buy this again... But based on experience, I know I will have a bottle of Beautiful in my collection at some point again (as I do now).

This was my signature scent in last year of high school and college - I know this probably colors my opinion of it. I do realise it's a bit "thin" as a perfume. Not so much dark, complex stuff happening. So it may be odd that it was my signature scent (as I was more dark and complex, than pretty and light).

Beautiful is not very complex but it's not a unidimensional floral. At least on me, this smells somewhat like snow and definitely a bit powdery - which is something I like, although many people hate powderiness in fragrance. For this reason, even though it's a floral, it's always been my winter perfume... I love picking up a soft, warm sweater which smells of Beautiful. Cheers me up on a winter day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Amary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been trying to figure out what this fragrance was for YEARS. I had a boss that wore it, and I would sometimes trail behind her just to bask in her sillage. I never asked what she wore, though.

Several times in the years since then, I have caught a whiff of it while passing through department stores, and been stopped in my tracks, but I was never able to figure out what that captivating scent was.

Today I had a "stopped in my tracks" moment, and I finally tracked it back to the Estee Lauder counter where I sprayed every fragrance they had to find it. And then I bought it.

The first few minutes after I apply Beautiful, it has a harsh chemical scent that is very unappealing, but it softens quickly into an inticing heady floral that just smells. . .pretty. I did learn rather quickly that one spray is rather more than enough; this might be a "spray and walk through" fragrance because it is VERY strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by erika511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wore Beautiful after it first came out in junior high, it being a gift from my grandma - loved it then and always received many compliments. Today I wore it again for the first time in about 15 years, and it is still as beautiful as I remember! Blends very well with my chemistry and is not overpowering. I am using a rollerball pen that was on sale during Christmas, so spraying might produce a different result. I can't believe I waited so long to try this gem again, it's perfect for spring!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by prettypumpkinpie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been wearing this for about 14 years, I am 32 now and still not tired of it. I love florals, they don't work for everyone but it blends perfect with my chemistry. I tend to turn all fragrances musky, but not with this one.
At least it is different than all these new "celebrity" fragrances that keep popping up. Hey, theres gotta be a reason it is back to Americas #1 fragrance!! My staple fragrance!! And it is perfect layered with the lotion and powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by brandde

Absolutely beautiful. I can see how they got the name for this. The first time I bought this I was 17 years old (some 20 years ago when it was not long released). I fell in love the moment I first used it. Fruity, florally, intense but not sickly. Gorgeous.