August 23, 2014 | 1340 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Ponds - bare and repair conditioning eye makeup remover with grapeseed extract and vitamin e [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by margheritah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This removed my makeup well, but it is an oil suspension that leaves an oily film on my eyelid. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mariska

I picked this up on a whim at my local ds. Although I don't wear heavy eye makeup, a gentle remover that cleans is a must since I wear contacts. What a surprise! This took off everything without making me blink back & forth and tear. I felt no stinging (and I use an eye cream w/ retinaldehyde, too!) and my under eye felt so soft. I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to eye makeup and this dried quickly enough for me to re-apply whatever it was I was attempting to put on.

Ingredients:
    Water, Isohexadecane, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract (Rose Hips), Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract (Bamboo), Cucumis Oblongus Seed Extract (Cucumber), Betula Alba Extract (White Birch), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Tea), Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Extract (Jojoba), Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Potassium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Mineral Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Poloxamer 184, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Green 6 (CI 61565) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 1:17:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There are lots of things I like about this product, but one main thing that I don't. For starters, I love the fact that it doesn't leave an oily film behind. I like that it has no fragrance and doesn't irritate my eyes or my skin. Unfortunately, it doesn't remove all my eye makeup. It'll take my eyeshadow off in no time, but when it comes to my mascara, it just sucks. I don't even wear waterproof mascara! But it still won't take it all off. Even after I wash my face (I wash after using the m/u remover), it's still not all off. Granted I use Cetaphil and it does next to nothing in terms of removing eye m/u. But still. I'll probably try a different kind next time, but if everything else irritates my skin and eyes, I'd go back to this and just deal with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by meisocute

This is so good, it really works, removing makeup without damaging your skin. the package is nice with two layer of the liquid eye removal (white/light blue). Love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect eye m/u remover. It is gentle, moisturizing, non-irritating to my contact lenses and got rid of my water-proof m/u in 1 try! I never thought anything would knock my beloved Lancome Bi-Facial off its pedestal in my bathroom, but Ponds did it. I was not going to let the much lower price affect my decision, I was going to decide on performance alone. Honestly, based on performance only, Pond's won....by alot! The bonus is that Ponds is a fraction of the price and available at Target, Wal-Mart, KMart, etc. Even though I am a 'high-end' girl, it is not b/c I am a name snob, it is b/c, when it comes to my face, especially skincare, I like to use the best. At $6 or so, Pond's has made the best eye m/u remover! Don't tell Pond's, but if they sold this to Chanel, put it in one of their fancy bottles, and charged $35, it would still be a big seller.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jigglyoats

I like this stuff, I think it's better than all the other removers I've used. I have tried: Shiseido Tiss Cleansing Oil, Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, and Lancome BiFacil. It removes without tugging. Does not sting my eyes. AND.. it's cheaper than all the other ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 2:02:00 AM More reviews by tropical___pinkk

Oh wow... I adore this stuff! I seriosly dont know what I'd do without it! I had been in such need of getting a new makeup remover because my Almay Moisturizing pads had been making my eyes terribly dry! I bought this stuff based on its reviews, and its reviews are very accurate!

This remover is very gentle, not oily, and actually softens the area around my eyes. It removes mascara without tugging, and I love how it doesn't make my eyes so greasy! After I remove my makeup, I always use Dove's Moisturizing cloths (which remove makeup also), but still... with or without those cloths, my eye makeup is still gone. =) Definitely worth the $5 I paid for it! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2006 6:48:00 PM More reviews by wjbk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent in all respects. Effective. Non-oily. Non-film-y. Non-irritating. Cheap. Nuf said.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by katykatt

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this on the basis of reviews here and I'm disappointed. My everyday eye makeup usually consists of Bobbi Brown gel liner, mascara & maybe some shadow. This does not take off the liner. Maybe that's just a testament to the staying power of BB liner, but I was hoping that I wouldn't have to abuse my lash line to remove it, but even when I use this remover with a cotton swab at the lash line I have to do a fair amount of scrubbing. I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 2:53:00 PM More reviews by michellegorman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best eye makeup remover that I have tried. Removes even my tough waterproof eyeliner and mascara completely with very little effort on my part. No oily residue (but it could be because I wash my face after removing my eye makeup). Would definitely buy again. The only con that I can think of would be the packaging.