July 28, 2014 | 2119 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 3:22:00 PM More reviews by highendheaven

The very BEST liner pencil out there, to me. Goes on smoothly, with a gel-like consistency. Has deep rich color and glows rather than sparkles. Easy to use, and best of all, lasts and lasts and stays where you put it.
Who knew? I am NOT a Clinique fan, quite the opposite. But all the Cream Shapers, for eyes and for lips, are spectacular. A new breed of pencil-and I'll be buying every new color that works for me that they come out with, I have 4 e/l and 2 l/l now. Clinique has hit a home run with these!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sjm15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is so creamy and so easy to apply! I was skeptical, but when I went to Bloomie's (because it was BONUS time!) I was sold on this by one of the MA's. She told me it would look beautiful with Buttered Bronze Eye Duo (she was sort of right - I think it's too bold for Buttered Bronze) so I bought it - only because they were sold out of Egyptian. It's very nice, I wore it for the first time yesterday and it was so pretty, I was complimented on it by four different women. I'm pleased with this new group of liners! (and I'm not usually a liner gal!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by and_crystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful medium brown with subtle gold shimmer. Glides effortlessly on your eyelids. No creasing, no fading. And... the magnificent sharpening! I have gone through SO many old drugstore pencils just because my crappy Revlon sharpener eats away at them. However, I stuck this pencil into the sharpener, praying that not too much would get chomped away (for $14 a pencil, I don't feel like having to deal with losing inches of the pencil to a stupid sharpener). Amazingly, this eyeliner makes my awful Revlon sharpener look like the best one ever made! It sharpens very cleanly, and doesn't break! (YES!) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by weadoreno

After wearing clinique's quickliner years ago and switching to liquid liner in my quest to find a liner with more lasting power, I was looking for something a little less intense but a little better than the outdated quickliners (and sharpen-able). At the clinique counter, I saw the new cream based liners, and the second I put them on I knew they were perfection. The "lustre" of chocolate luster is the perfect trace of gold that gives chocolate luste that beautiful sparkle. The pencil is sharpen-able so you can get any kind of line you want, and the gel/cream really provides for a nice, almost smoky look. Beautiful, beautiful color and product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 6:43:00 PM More reviews by wjbk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always been eyeliner-phobic. I lack the dexterity and patience to use anything that requires a brush, and Iíve suffered disappointment after disappointment with pencils that faded away within an hour after being scraped across my lids. Enter Clinique Cream Shapers. These babies are nothing short of a revelation! The color, which has the feel of a gel, glides on easily and smoothly -- even in the hands of the incurably klutzy. And it lasts all day. Love this color, too: brown with depth, subtlety, and a sort of a glow. Never would have found it without MUA. Thanks, everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A staple I use almost every day. This is a dark chocolate brown with gold/coppery flecks. I can see the shimmer if I look very closely. It's a flattering and natural color to define my brown eyes with. It glides on without any tugging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2006 10:50:00 AM More reviews by ritamac

This is a wonderful eyeliner. The shade is beautiful - not just another boring brown. It applies so smoothly and lasts so well (although my Bobbi Brown gel liner lasts slightly better the shade - Sepia Ink - is not as flattering). I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2005 2:52:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chocolate Lustre is a great dark chocolate brown liner with a touch of shimmer that adds an extra oomph and sparkle. Beautiful for a daytime look or a dramatic look depending on application--very versatile!! Like the rest of the cream shapers, chocolate lustre glides on so smoothly and creamy but lasts all day with no smudging, flaking, or fading. Another HG liner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2005 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMamaofTwo

I really love this eyeliner. I am generally a user of MAC Fluidlines and BB Gel liners however, this is the pencil I usually grab when doing my makeup before work due to the fact that it is so easy to use and does not take any effort or time. It is SOOO blendable and easy to work with. A gorgeous brown with some nice shimmer. Definitely not your boring basic brown.

When I first used it I was not too impressed as it did seem to smear a bit and not as long lasting. However, once I started using it with a good primer (Laura Mercier Eye basics in buff) it really lasts and I have no problems regarding that.

I will definitely repurchase once this runs out -- probably more of the cream shapers as well as they are so easy to use when you don't have alot of time for gel liners and brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2005 12:55:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This actually looked prettier and more interesting on my hand than my eye. When I tested it in the store, it was a medium bronzey brown color with coppery tones and a fine gold shimmer. On my eye, it merely looks like a warm, deep brown without any of the shimmer evident. It's different enough from my other brown eyeliners to keep, but I must say that I'm a bit disappointed. Great texture--it glides on so easily and smudges easily enough but doesn't smear (but I do not have a problem with fading/smearing eye makeup). Lasts all day. It cost about 14 USD which isn't bad, so far as high-end goes, but not great. (Jordana Color Xtend liners are comparable in quality--though perhaps not color selection--but cost only about 1 USD). A smudger would be nice, but it's not a big deal for me as I already own a smudger brush (a pinky finger also works). Might repurchase, but am also thinking about getting a Teddy Eye Kohl to fulfill my bronzey eyeliner desires.