December 22, 2014 | 1810 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer--Sunkissed

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Jesamyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved the product's sheer coverage and color, but the mineral oil made me break out inside of a week. I should have known better, but I thought it was worth a shot! I will not repurchase due to the breakout.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by capellanadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin but oily in t-zone. I'm NC40 and bought this in Sunkissed. I find it a bit dark for me and it shifts my undertone. I have yellowish undertone and this makes me look very warm - kinda orangey too. I can see the difference in coloring between the face and the neck. But this is not why I give it two lippies - this TM is greasy for me, it makes me uncomfortable wearing it. It also is very sheer for me - it evens out the redness but not darker pigmentation (i have a bit darker shades around the chin area). I don't know, maybe I was hoping too much. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice, light, sheer color but good lasting power. Evens out complexion; pretty warm and yellow (not pink) based. Not exactly my skin tone (a tad darker) but now that it's summer it goes on well. I get more coverage with powder on top; not a bad substitute for foundation at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by seamoan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on here, i decided to head to brooke's and pick one up.
I'm glad i did! this product is wonderful for me. i have "normal" skin, combo in the summer (we'll see if it works as well then, i think it will), i believe i'm a NC40-42.

I don't think this shade will work as well on cool toned girls, they're very yellow based. Nor will it work for darker skinned girls, this is the second darkest shade (out of 4 shades). Also if you're looking to use this as your primary moisterizer, this probably isn't the product for you. it has more coverage than your average tinted moisterizer, and bit less moisture (?), imo.

That being said, it's nice and light on your face, it covers flaws well, and it looks natural. I just put some on my face and blend it in, easy as pie. If i want a bit more coverage i use some loose powder over top.

I've had this on all day, and it looks the same as it did this morning. For $3.99, you just can't go wrong.

I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by cho_chang

EDITED

This is a very nice foundation, I wouldn't call it a TM. Coverage is almost medium, and while it has the consistency of a moisturizer it is much drier than one - its sets very quickly and it not very blendable. I always mix this with another moisturizer, or sunscreen, since its a bit thick IMO to use alone.

I like that it has 5.6% titanium dioxide. Zinc oxide is a better sunscreen IMO but TD isn't bad. What I'm confused about is the 2 other sunscreen ingredients in the inactives list...including avobezone which isn't allowed to be in a formulation with TD in teh first place.

With a light tan, Sunkissed is nice. Other times, when I'm about NC30, Natural works very well.

Finally I looooove that it comes in a squeeze tube and is only $3!!!!!!!!!

ME: Asian, yellow-toned, light/medium, C3/NC30ish, Revlon Sand Beige, maybelline Light 2/4

UPDATE: I do think it breaks me out. Also, lasting power is not wonderful. Still, this is a great product!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jshoda

Based on the reviews...I bought this and it COMPLETELY lives up to the expectations! I've tried other minerals, moisturizers, foundations on my rosacea but all most left my skin greasy, shiny, and/or with not enough coverage. This offers excellent coverage without the heavy feeling. Love this stuff and do I even need to mention what a bargain it is! At 3.99 a tube at Rite-aid you can't go wrong. It's my new HG. Thanks MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2006 10:25:00 PM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally something that is working with my insane skin. Ever since my old favorite was taken off the market I haven't been able to find a foundation that provides and nice, non-masky coverage and doesn't rub off or melt by noon. I actually went all day without a touch up on this stuff. Downside is that the color selection is slim, but luckily I am pale and the nude works pretty well with a dusting of pale toned powder over the top. This is a keeper!
UPDATE: I don't think this is going to be a good summer foundation. Seems like with the warmer, more humid weather it's breaking me out. Too bad since I just got a buy one get one at Walgreens! Hopefully it will keep well til fall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 8:17:00 PM More reviews by journeyisthejoy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this in both sunkissed and tan. WOw, being a LLL-MMM, both these shades work on me (and 4 is the darkest so dark gals are out of luck). The best drugstore foundation for me by far (alonw with mark face xpert). Stays matte, covers well, looks somewhat natural. Not holy grail though (Vincent Longo water canvas is that: makes you look glowy and covers but natural no makeup look) but that is $52.50.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 9:49:00 AM More reviews by LilithFX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely can not get over how great a product this is! It's shocking because it was Wet & Wild, and I have always been paranoid that using something from that line would break out my sensitive skin. However, I was sooo surprised and happy the first time I used this! My skin had just gone through a horrible break out (stress and hormones), and I had used a few treatments that ended up drying my skin out terribly. I generally use powder mineral foundation, but I was in need of something more moisturizing, so I popped on here for a review, and decided to give it a try! I've used other tinted moisturizers before but they have always made my face shiny and greasy. Also I was never really satified with the coverage. Wet & Wild was the answer to my prayers! It's thicker and has more pigment than other tinted moisturizers, so it covers extraordinarily well. It evens out my complexion, and takes care of all my areas of redness, even sufficiently covered my pimples with no concealer! It is also nowhere near as greasy as others, and leaves a light and very natural glow (not from glitter sparkle junk, which I was afraid of after reading the reviews). It looks like my skin is bare only smoother and more even! Even my under eye circles were smoothed out! The color was PERFECT for me, not too orangey, dark, or weird. Blended right into my tan skin. Another plus, it has spf15 so I don't need to put on a separate sunblock! Towards the end of the day, my skin still looks great, though I do powder my nose a bit to soak up the minimal shine there. That in itself was definitely not as bad as when I've used other moisturizers/foundations on my Tzone. Plus, no break outs, no skin reactions, nada. Amazing, awesome product. I've chucked out all my other foundations for this Holy Grail staple. Honestly, you have to try this stuff, if it works for you, you'll LOVE it. I have not left a review on MUA in years and I was completely compulsed to do so for this one! THANK YOU MUA! I am a happy camper!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 6:52:00 PM More reviews by angelmae78

I have this in tan and really love it! It has more coverage than I'd want from a tinted moisturizer, so I use it sparingly right after putting on my face cream in the morning. It blends in smoothly, and the tan color is great for my skin in the summer when it's a bit darker. I don't look or feel like I'm wearing makeup. I don't bring makeup out of the house for me, so nothing gets touched up except for lipstick. This lasts all day without getting shiny and doesn't irritate my skin at all! Also, I don't need a concealer anymore -- I just use a bit of this full strength on blemishes and under my eyes -- it works great!!