April 17, 2014 | 1829 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Lucky Green

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 2:39:00 AM More reviews by askewchick

This is absolutely lovely and is definitely the gem of the Belle Azure collection. I think this could potentially be the next Parrot or Moth Brown. This is a powerfully intense medium green with gold. I love this because it is bright and is neither too dark nor too light. It can also be paired with a huge variety of shades. The VP texture also makes this smooth and pigmented which is a huge plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by karensuzanne

This is probably the only green e/s I've ever LOVED. It's very versatile and goes well with blue, copper, bronze, and neutrals!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2005 6:13:00 PM More reviews by LipGlossette

Absolutely gorge. Blends well with pretty much any other color (i especially like it with goldbit) and i'm so upset its LE. hopefully mine will last foreverr!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2005 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Lucky Green is a limited edition shadow released June 2005 with the Belle Azure collection. This is the veluxe formula so its very smooth and easy to blend. Its has a stunning metallic sheen to it, and its a bright vivid golden hint of lime green shade. Very pretty shade. Since its limited edition its only available in a flip top bronze pot and retails for $13. I think its a great shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a beautiful color Lucky Green is. The formula glides in smoothly and it is highly pigmented. The base pigment is the exact color of grass in the Northeastern US in the spring time. The shimmer is yellow gold. Compared to Chartreuse and Golden Olive pigment, it is much more matte yellow. I would say HALF as shimmery as either of those.

so far it stays on decently, but I will be updating as I use it more. I tend to have trouble with most MAC shadows disappearing quickly from my skin.

If you like Golden Olive pigment, you will probably like this. Compared to Chartreuse pigment (the shimmery one), Lucky Green has a very yellow gold shimmer. Chartreuse has a light lime shimmer in it. Two completely different families of color, but still both beautiful.

Looks beautiful with parrot and Leisuretime. I plan to try a lot of different things with this shadow color. Worth the investment if you think you have every color MAC makes.

UPDATE: I have had trouble with Lucky Green disappearing on me quickly. It also takes a lot of coats to make it show up. Pigments last a lot longer than this does. I am removing 2 lippies for that reason. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by victoriamegatron

This is the only shade that I found interesting in the Belle Azure collection. It's a super shimmery green with yellow undertones. I love the smooth formula and the shade works with many colors: golds, coppers,blues and teals, other greens like Bitter and Swimming and UD Acid Rain and Mildew (can you tell I'm wild about greens), greys and purples. I just do not like the "limited edition" tacky and cheap looking bronze packaging. It always ends up flaking like it was painted with a cheap metallic spraypaint or even worse it breaks. I wish I could get it to fit into my pro pallete instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2005 1:22:00 AM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This e/s is a MUST have from the Belle Azure collection, it's a gorgeous green with yellow tones to it. It has been said that it's identical to Golden Olive pigment, but it's not, very pretty! It's a veluxe pearl formula and it goes on so smoothly, GGG here!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by perpetuallycute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of greens and the veluxe pearl formula - so this one was definately a must for me!
The mac site describes it as: Hot wasabi green with yellow pearl.
An essential if you like greens as this isn't like anything else shadow wise that I've seen. Heh, I've already picked up a backup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2005 10:31:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

At first glance I thought that this was identical to their Olive pigment, but I was wrong! This has much more yellow in it- so this is more vibrant! I love this! This is an olive green with yellow undertones with gold shimmer. A beautiful green!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 11:03:00 AM More reviews by miribre

I love green e/s so I had to buy this one. Think of Juxt mixed with Swimming. I've got compliments wearing it yesterday. If you have brown eyes/hair and medium skintone, it will suit you well. Maybe I should stock up.