July 30, 2014 | 1801 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by yokojoano

Love this stuff the most out of the almond products I've tried. The scent is too strong, but this oil/soap whatever the heck it is, its just amazing! My skin feels like it belongs to someone else after I use this stuff. I save most L'occitane products as special indulgences because of the price, but I would buy this again (or the grapeseed shower oil, which I want to try in case the scent is better). I'm not crazy about the scent of any of these products - not offensive, just strong and I get tired of them easily. Packaging isn't as good for this, gets slippery and I use too much at once.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by tantalumgirl

I bought this because of the rave reviews here, and I have to say I'm not dissappointed. It's called shower oil, but it's not at all like an oil, more like a regular shower gel. It rinses clean, but I do feel like I have a light coating of oil on my skin after rinsing. The scent is described as almond, but I don't get almond at all, it smells more like honey to me. A bit expensive, but I would probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ijmfx

I sort of work at L'Occitane so the price is right ;) I LOVE this stuff. First thing that's going with me into my suitcase when I go back to college; I was skeptical when the girls at work told me to use it to shave with...let me say I'll NEVER go back. This stuff is divine. I use it for the 'pits too. I never get any knicks! Plus the smell is DELISH and the packaging looks SO cute in your shower, the kind of chic packaging that makes you look totall chichi and wordly. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 3:15:00 AM More reviews by curetheworld

I tried this oil on the reccomendation of beauty bloggers.. I was expecting a lot from it, and it totally delivered!

The first thing I noticed when I showered with it was the fragrance.. though its not just almondy it IS lovely. Almost flowery, but not cloying at all. And it left me slightly scented which I sometimes don't like, but I really enjoyed it with this. I found different perfumes to layer with. Aside from the fragrance, i LOVE the way this feels on my skin in the shower.. just feels luxurious to rub it in. And to my surprise, it completely rinses clean, no oily residue in the shower.

At $22 it is expensive, but to me well worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 5:01:00 AM More reviews by cup_cakes

Nothing out of the ordinary. It did not leave my skin feeling particular smooth/soft. It did absolutely nothing to soothe my dry itchy witer skin. Scent is warm/ok though not very authentically almond-y.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by r2136178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shower oil is nice, but nothing special. It didn't dry my skin, yet it didn't feel any more moisturized than before I stepped into the shower. The scent is nice and makes the bathroom smell good for a while after showering. This is not a bad product, but overall, I feel that this shower oil is too expensive for what it is. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by zetabebe

I love these! Great texture... great smell.. good for your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by alu8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a big fan of almond scents but I do like this one. The oil is moisturizing for my skin and I use it with the matching body cream. A bit decadent and luxurious feeling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel awful breaking all these great reviews but I really was expecting more from this product. After I used this, my skin felt dried out which is weird because I could feel the oil on my skin when I was washing with it but I suppose some of the other ingredients in it just outweigh the oil. The aroma is just ok, it's not unbearable but it's not fantastic either, some people like smelling like cake. They call it a 'fresh almond fragrance' but I don't associate almonds with smelling fresh. It's not exactly a sexy scent, more comforting bordering on overly sweet.

Verdict: To be completely honest, if I'm going to use something which isn't organic and with SLS, Propylene Glycol, PEG-7 etc I would much rather use Olay shea butter wash for very dry skin. Therefore, it's just not worth the money. I feel that this product is playing up to all the romantic connotations that Provence conjures in the mind and using this to justify the price. In a way I'm happy that I've found a cheaper and better performing alternative in Olay, that's a first for me!
If anyone out there finds a wonderful natural rich bodywash that washes as well as Olay but without all the added 'chemicals' please do let me know. Nothing seems to beat Olay at moisturising and I'm not even super dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2007 4:52:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My already dry skin turned drier of late, a friend recommended me to try this and I love it! Non-sripping with a lovely almond scent. It works like any other type of cleansing oil. It looks and feels like oil at first but once you add water, it turns milky and cleanses! I use it with the milk moisturiser after and scent stays on for at least half a day. Would prefer it to come in a pump bottle instead...definitely repurchasing!