Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

glycerin, sweet almond oil, sweet almond seed meal, oat kernel flour, orange peel powder, rose flower oil, pecan shell powder, grapefruit seed extract, nutmeg fruit powder, clove flower powder, orange peel oil, tocopherol, rosemary extract, fragrance

on 2/3/2008 3:19:00 AM

Its really hard to get it out of the container. I really wanted to like this, but after using it a couple of times,I always feel like I have to wash my face again after using it.

I'll try it a few more time to see what happens. But so far its "just okay".

on 1/21/2008 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Not a big fan of the citrus scent. Product was too thick, pasty, and hard to wash off. Did not feel like a true scrub. Won't repurchase.

on 1/16/2008 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This makes for a great exfoliator, but I'm surprised that it's marketed as a daily treatment. It seems a bit too harsh and like it would leave skin too sensitive after daily use, but I use this whenever I need an extra-clean perk-up and never more than twice in one week at the very most.

It's a hardened, grainy brown scrub that comes in a clear glass tub with yellow lid. My only complaint is that it does get a little hard to dig out and is a little annoying if you have long nails. It can get a bit messy around the sink, as it becomes very soft and pliable when wet.

The key is to use this gently and let the actual scrub do the work. It's great at doing exactly what it says it does: exfoliate. I have senstive skin, and thankfully this does not irritate it. I also love the fresh-pumpkin-bread scent, and I don't smell anything all that citrussy in it, despite the product's name.

on 11/29/2007 11:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

it leaves my face SO smooth!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! It smells like pumpkin pie! AHHHHHH I love it!! I cannot believe how smooth I feel afterwards. The packaging is great cause its glass and it keeps the product fresh for longer. Plus adds a touch of class.
Since it leaves a film after rinsed off and I have oily skin, I use the garden tomato toner afterwards to remove it and it, man, i effin love it. Listen to me. It's the shiznit.
UPDATE: I'm on my second jar. It lasts so so long. A little goes a long way. Its not harsh like many scrubs ive use, St you know who. A little scrub, a little water and youre good. I put some on my palm, add water, and rub my hands together, then apply to my cheeks first then distribute.

on 11/28/2007 5:59:00 PM

This is another BB's product that I didn't like at all. Not good for oily, acne prone skin. Made my skin even oilier and broke me out. I love that it's natural but not for me. If you like natural products the Devita Natural Skincare line is much better for acne prone, sensitive skin. Also available at natural health food stores and online directly from Devita.

on 11/14/2007 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This isn't a bad product. I use it while in the shower. I dip my damp wash cloth in the jar and give my face a daily scrub to get rid of the dead skin. I like it but it still may go back to Origins Modern Friction.

on 11/5/2007 8:28:00 PM

Though this is marketed as a facial scrub, I find I use it most as an exfoliatent for my lips. I find it a bit too moist to use daily on the face, but it works perfectly to treat chapped lips. Even when my lips are sensitive due to cold, dry air, this scrub doesn’t irritate them at all.

on 11/5/2007 2:25:00 AM

I have bought at least 4 containers of this over the years and I like it. A couple things to know about this product is the exfoliation grains are large, you need to be careful with that as it can be hard on your skin, stretching it. So when I use it I only use a little make sure I have water on my hands to soften it. I also use it on my knees and elbows in the shower. I like it and will repurchse.

on 10/29/2007 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Burt Bee's products. They work very well with my skin (sensitive and oily in T-zone area). As for this product, it is great for my face. It exfoliates while not being too harsh, and my skin is left feeling clean afterwards. It doesnt purge pores as well as I hope it would, but seeing as I love how my face feels afterwards is good enough for me =)

on 9/6/2007 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't think I would like this, but actually I think it's great. It's pretty scrubby, so I only use it occasionally, but it leaves my skin feeling very soft and cleansed.

Popular Scrubs