September 22, 2014 | 2193 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have used it by spraying on the face or using a foundation brush, both ways look great, though if you spray you need to be careful not to get it in your hair or on any clothes! The finish is an airbrushed look, natural, perfect. I can't believe how good my skin looks with this, not heavy at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by JoannaSLS

This product is fabulous, but not perfect. Starting with the downsides, it's really expensive on a cost per use ratio. The best price I've found here is £27 (roughly $60?) and it lasts perhaps three weeks with everyday use. I also don't like the clunking sound the can makes when the product is almost gone; it starts to feel like I'm about to spray a wall or car when I shake it!
However; one application gives me a flawless complexion and finish. I've never found another foundation to do that so easily. I have combination skin that is prone to large pores and the occassional breakout, but Airflash covers all of that and also gives a great base for a sweep of bronzer and blush. It's so quick to use and transform my face, it looks and feels like a quality product and due to some light reflection technology, it really does make you look great in photos!
I started using Airflash as my daily foundation and consistently had good comments about my skin. However, after prolonged use I wasn't comfortable about repeatedly using an aerosol on my face, and found my pores to be more enlarged and clogged. I wouldn't suggest it for everyday use for this reason, although the coverage and effect was consistent.
Overall, I've found it a perfect "Party" product; my skin looks flawless in photos and it's a must have product for a special occassion.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've come to think of Dior Airflash as my abusive boyfriend who I keep running back to despite the fact that I know it's bad for me.

Dior Airflash and I go way back in the day. I first used this six years ago, as a frustrated teenager with acne. I remember going to Sephora with my giddy teenager girl friends and annoying the sales associates by trying on all the makeup. I sprayed the tester bottle on my face and determined that I found love in a bottle. My pimple-laden face was suddenly smooth and all discoloration and scars were covered within two sprays/applications. Any indented scars or wrinkles (from both cystic acne and chicken pox scars) - less pronounced. My face almost looked angelic with a slight halo effect when I stood in the lighting. Something was magical about this foundation. This foundation is an ally of interior lighting. Never looks too bad in harsh lighting, probably due to the pearl pigments they talk about or whatever. Very photo-friendly. The texture is by far the thinnest I've encountered that still manages to function medium-to-full coverage (you can control the coverage). It dries to a powdery feeling semi-matte natural finish.

However, after the first year of using it I dumped this foundation for other men (erm, other foundations). There were prices to pay with Dior Airflash - both literally and figuratively. Literally, this foundation costs over $60. That's especially an ouch factor, considering the bottle does not last me more than a month if I use it everyday as a medium-to-full coverage (2-3 sprays around the face). Secondly, the color range is terrible. I am a neutral NW20-25. Light Beige 200 is too dull beige on me, so I use Cameo 202. It looks fake tan orange in dim lighting and it probably is a tad too dark, but the great thing about airbrush is that you can get away color mismatches since it seams with the skin better.

Thirdly, the foundation has what I call the Cinderella curse. Remember how Cinderella looked all dolled up and fancy for the ball, but had to leave before midnight or else she'd turn into a pumpkin (or was it her carriage)? Well, this stuff gives me about five hours max of near perfect skin. But after a few hours the clock strikes midnight for me (or more like one o'clock in the afternoon), and it goes downhill from there. Party's over. I turn into the ugly pumpkin. It melts off and disappears from the face, gets very oily and shiny, transfers onto clothing, oxidizes, and if you try to touch up with any powder that will just kill the natural glow of the foundation. On top of all that, the ingredients are just plain terrible for my skin. That's when I think of it as an abusive boyfriend. I know it does nothing to help my acne or my wallet. But after years messing around with 100+ normal high end and drugstore foundations, I kept running back to Dior.

Why? Because the few hours of perfection that I get with this are worth it to me and outweigh all the cons. May sound ridiculous, but when you're a girl who's suffered from a bad complexion for a years and you finally get compliments on YOUR SKIN, you would understand why it's worth it. I'm hoping that the aerosol foundations will have improvements made over the years but for now this is my only refuge. Airbrush foundation seems to be growing in popularity. Regular bottle foundation, however great it may be, will never be able to diffuse and hit the skin the same way airbrush does with even distribution. Think of how aerosol sunscreens, hairprays, and tanning solutions are all distributed more evenly than creams and manual spray bottles. I've tried the Sally Hansen Carmindy aerosol, and it came out chunkier and "spritzier," which made it less airbrush-like. I've also tried the Temptu airbrush system, but found that to be even oilier (it's silicone) and took too much time to spray the entire face due to the smaller snout/nozzle. I've tested Napoleon Perdis aerosol foundation, which is just a can of tinted water. I still want to try ERA Cosmetics aerosol and the compressors systems from OCC, Dinair, Luminesse, etc.

Because of the price and the harsh ingredients, I will eventually have to reserve this for special occasions and find a cheaper albeit less perfect foundation to live with everyday. I do not apply this with a brush or sponge like others, because I feel that defeats the purpose and it doesn't look that even. I'm currently searching for the perfect touch up powder that won't kill the glow. You have to be careful how you moisturize before this - too thick of a moisturizer and the finish will look cakey and gross (this stuff sucks onto anything it's directed at - including peach fuzz you didn't even know you had!). Too thin/dry of moisturizer, and this stuff will dry up your face on contact. Don't use a primer with this, it'll ruin the texture.

Would NOT recommend this for those with very dry skin and those paler than NC/NW15 (the colors run dark).

42 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Vivalicious

i love this - the spray-on concept usually makes product stick better to the skin (like how spray on sunblocks seem to settle better versus rub on ones). definitely one of the best foundations i've had as it looks natural on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

I see the last time this was reviewed was in 2005 and I'm surprised it doesn't have a cult following. While it's expensive at $63 it's well worth it. It takes some getting used to and you must put it on with a brush but the end result is air brushing at its best. Not a huge color range with only 4 colors but once you find yours you'll be happy you did. You do not have to re touch all day, it's a fine mist that just evens out the skin and makes it look natural but hides imperfections with total ease. I'm going to guess a little goes a long way so repurchase doesn't have to be done all that often, but if you are looking for a natural look, I'd give this a try, it works for me and I ususually use powder foundations. This would be good for all skin types except maybe really oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by RancidRabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when I purchased the DiorSkin Airflash Spray foundation. I heard nothing but good things about it. At first I thought this was going to be my HOLY GRAIL foundation and it turns out I was terribly wrong. The foundation comes in only five shades so I bought the lightest one which is #200 Light Beige. Im very fair so and the swatch online seemed to match my skin tone perfect. The way you use the product is to hold it a few inches away from your face and spray in "Z" shaped motion. (Be sure to close your eyes!) When I tried it i followed the instructions exactly and when I opened my eyes to see how it came out. I was a completely different color than my skin. I was a yellowy orange color. Like I mentioned before my skin is very fair and the shade of the product changed my skin tone totally. I had to get a second opinion on the shade so I asked my mom her thoughts on it and she said I looked orange! When I swatch the color on the back of my hand it looks ok not to bad but when its on my face that's a different story. I did like the coverage of the product...kinda. I felt that it dried a bit weird and looked a bit cakey I tried applying it with a brush to control the product better but to no avail. I still looked orange-y. I wont be buying this product again. Not only was the shade not my color but the price is $60-$62 on Sephora's website. The concept is awesome but sadly on my part the product was a failure for me. Did anyone have a good or bad experience with this product? If so let me know! I would love to hear everyone's thoughts!
-Andi

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kim84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I was curious about the airflash hype. I mean how awesome would it be to have airbrushed looking skin without buying a system?! So I used the Sephora friends and family 20% off and purchased this. I called Sephora and asked the lady I spoke to if she could help me pick a color for my Mac NW20 skin and she told me 202. She then told me that she uses the Sephora airbrush brush. To which I said ehhh I don't want to spend that much $ on the foundation, let along buy another $35.00 brush. She said then a flat top brush would work. Ok so I buy the foundation, and shortly after I start doing the usual, remorse over the brush that I need. Order that too. Few days later the foundation arrives. Now after watching Marlena @ Makeupgeek's insturction, I said ok, I'm going to do it the same way, after all it's airbrush, why am I going to put it on a brush. Covered my hair with a towel (word of advice this stuff does go all over the towel so use an old one). So I sprayed my face once, after putting concealer 1st. Then spritzed a second time. Looked amazing! I took my flat top ELF brush that I paid $3.00 for and just went over my face lightly in case there was an uneven areas. Please note that I've had this 2 weeks and I haven't once used the Sephora brush. All you need is a flat top brush. I can't say that I would spray this on a brush then apply it to my face, because I can't see what the point of it is then. It really is a nice product, but it's way too expensive to use everyday. It photographs pretty well, and the coverage is good. It seems to lay on top of the skin rather than sink in. It didn't break me out either. All in all I am satisfied with it, but I am scared to use it because of the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Mimmychen

i really wanted this product to work for me but oh well :( first off- it looks so orange on me (i'm mac nc20/25). and i own the lightest shade -____-
my skin looks dead when i'm wearing this, like i'm wearing a mask. and i've tried different ways to apply this.

it makes my skin looking and feel super dry, which is crazy, because my skin is super oily.

after washing this off in the evening, my skin was so red and felt itchy. i'm so disappointed by this .___.

but for the amount of product the bottle contains- the price is okay (:

but it seems to work wonderful for lots of people, so don't be hesitant to try this (; everyone's skin is different LOL (:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish this worked out for me. I like the glow it gives, the coverage is medium to full. The color selection is very limited. I was in between 300 to 400. My face is more the 300 color, except for my forehead which is almost the 400 color. The price is pretty high for 1.5 oz. - $65. I have very oily skin and applied the foundation in the morning as full coverage. By lunch, it has changed to sheer coverage. It is not long-lasting for oily skin. So, it's getting returned. Alas, my quest goes on. I would think this would be better for normal/dry skin. Also, this product irritated my eyes after putting it on my face (spraying and on a brush). If you have sensitive eyes, I wouldn't recommend this. I don't have eye sensitivity or wear contacts and it bothered me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand why people use A brush or sponge, to me defeats the purpose. Spraying takes all of 3 seconds and skin looks flawless. However, lightest shade too dark 4 me (nw20) I will save 4 summer.