December 22, 2014 | 1043 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Fiddleheads

My colorist RAVED about this product, so I bought it. My hair is fine, but I've got lots of it, it's color treated from brown to medium tone blonde. My hair is about 4 inches past shoulder, so as you might imagine the ends are not pristine, plus I straight-iron it just about every day. The conditioner worked, but it was no better than Pantene (sp?) that I've used previously, and the Pantene costs a fraction of the price. I paid $32 for the Aveda. I wasn't expecting a miracle from something that you wash out, but this was still a disappointment. Save your money, buy a cheap conditioner and just leave it on a bit longer. I'm only giving it 2 lippies, for being too expensive and not that effective.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sparklesforuRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a rather pricey deep treatment for my dry, damaged hair...but SO worth it:) I have chemically processed, naturally curly hair that I blow dry straight pretty much everyday, and this treatment leaves my hair so soft and healthy feeling/looking. I'm not as crazy about the damage rememdy shampoo and daily conditioner, but the treatment is awesome! I do have thick hair and the texture is a mix of fine and coarse strands, but this never makes my hair feel coated or weighed down..like so many deep conditioners do. My hair soaks this stuff up, and it really does make a difference. I highly recommend this to anyone with dry/damaged hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2006 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Brewster1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I spent a lot of money on this treatment thinking it would be perfect for my hair. I loved Curessence and was very dissapointed to see it discontinued, so I purchased this instead. This unfortunately left my hair a tangled birds nest; it left my hair snappy when trying to comb/detangle, it didn't moisturize and when dried it was frizzy and felt coated. Why oh why did Aveda have to go and screw up a good thing?!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by KissingCooler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The worst smelling code-ladden paste that left my hair so frizzy and tangled when I rinsed, I finally have given up with it 3/4 of a way through the tube. I just hated it, hated it, hated it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best deep conditioner I have ever used!! My hair is tortured quite a bit.. highlighted from dark brown to ash blonde.. but this treatment really works to make my hair silky, shiny and healthy once again. It does a good job of detangling and doesn't weigh your hair down at all. The price is high, but you only need to use a tiny bit of product each time. I have very long hair and I can make the regular-sized, 125 ml tube last for a few months. This is a great product that everyone with damaged, dry hair should try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by mainline_diva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only product in the Damage Remedy line that I actually felt deserved a 5-lippie rating. The poo/conditioner stink, but this reconstructor for some reason is one of the best I've ever used. I left this on overnight and could def. tell a difference in my hair before I even washed it out the next morning. It left my hair feeling a lot healthier and stronger and it even looked healthier. That is really important to me right now, since I'm suffering with some damage and breakage in result from my last chemical treatment. I'm sure some of you can relate how upsetting it is to have breakage and damage. I'm going to start using this 2x a week until my hair recovers from the damage. I highly recommend this and would def. buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 10:00:00 AM More reviews by sparkleslikediamonds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This entire line is fabulous for my dry, damaged hair. I love how soft and shiny it leaves my hair, and it never makes it feel weighed down or coated. In combination with the damage remedy shampoo, this treatment has really helped improve the condition of my hair. This line is pricey, but very much worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by JessKW

I have not been a huge Aveda fan in the past.. But I LOVE this treatment. It made my hair feel SO healthy again. In addition to feeling healthy again, it looks healthy. It is light weight, super soft, shiney, and just looks GREAT. If this didn't work as well as it does the price would be way to high. However. I feel it works well enough to justify the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2005 1:17:00 AM More reviews by emerge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far the only protein treatment my hair can handle.And I don't need a moisture condish after.Make my uber thick coarse hair feel silky % soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by pinkgoats

I'm a deep conditioner junkie!! I've tried many, and I have to say I really like this stuff! Makes my hair very soft and generally healthy feeling. Loads my hair with shine! The smell is typical Aveda, nice nonetheless. It is expensive. $26 for a small tube, but I don't use it often (especially since I rotate it with my 209384023 other deep conditioners). The consistency is really thick... but if you don't slather it on you shouldn't have a problem. My friend who is a stylist told me that since I have fine hair I shouldn't use this stuff if I plan on going out because my hair might be weighed down and greasy looking... luckily that definately was not the case. Didn't look weighed down or greasy at all.