October 22, 2014 | 1739 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2006 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Brewster1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I spent a lot of money on this treatment thinking it would be perfect for my hair. I loved Curessence and was very dissapointed to see it discontinued, so I purchased this instead. This unfortunately left my hair a tangled birds nest; it left my hair snappy when trying to comb/detangle, it didn't moisturize and when dried it was frizzy and felt coated. Why oh why did Aveda have to go and screw up a good thing?!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by KissingCooler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The worst smelling code-ladden paste that left my hair so frizzy and tangled when I rinsed, I finally have given up with it 3/4 of a way through the tube. I just hated it, hated it, hated it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best deep conditioner I have ever used!! My hair is tortured quite a bit.. highlighted from dark brown to ash blonde.. but this treatment really works to make my hair silky, shiny and healthy once again. It does a good job of detangling and doesn't weigh your hair down at all. The price is high, but you only need to use a tiny bit of product each time. I have very long hair and I can make the regular-sized, 125 ml tube last for a few months. This is a great product that everyone with damaged, dry hair should try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by mainline_diva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only product in the Damage Remedy line that I actually felt deserved a 5-lippie rating. The poo/conditioner stink, but this reconstructor for some reason is one of the best I've ever used. I left this on overnight and could def. tell a difference in my hair before I even washed it out the next morning. It left my hair feeling a lot healthier and stronger and it even looked healthier. That is really important to me right now, since I'm suffering with some damage and breakage in result from my last chemical treatment. I'm sure some of you can relate how upsetting it is to have breakage and damage. I'm going to start using this 2x a week until my hair recovers from the damage. I highly recommend this and would def. buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 10:00:00 AM More reviews by sparkleslikediamonds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This entire line is fabulous for my dry, damaged hair. I love how soft and shiny it leaves my hair, and it never makes it feel weighed down or coated. In combination with the damage remedy shampoo, this treatment has really helped improve the condition of my hair. This line is pricey, but very much worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by JessKW

I have not been a huge Aveda fan in the past.. But I LOVE this treatment. It made my hair feel SO healthy again. In addition to feeling healthy again, it looks healthy. It is light weight, super soft, shiney, and just looks GREAT. If this didn't work as well as it does the price would be way to high. However. I feel it works well enough to justify the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2005 1:17:00 AM More reviews by emerge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far the only protein treatment my hair can handle.And I don't need a moisture condish after.Make my uber thick coarse hair feel silky % soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by pinkgoats

I'm a deep conditioner junkie!! I've tried many, and I have to say I really like this stuff! Makes my hair very soft and generally healthy feeling. Loads my hair with shine! The smell is typical Aveda, nice nonetheless. It is expensive. $26 for a small tube, but I don't use it often (especially since I rotate it with my 209384023 other deep conditioners). The consistency is really thick... but if you don't slather it on you shouldn't have a problem. My friend who is a stylist told me that since I have fine hair I shouldn't use this stuff if I plan on going out because my hair might be weighed down and greasy looking... luckily that definately was not the case. Didn't look weighed down or greasy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 11:35:00 PM More reviews by shapinup

I purchased this product plus its two counterparts approx. 2 months ago. I use this about once every 2 weeks and leave it on with my AVEDA head wrap and my hair is so soft afterwards. It tames my coarse, thick black hair. Thank you AVEDA for creating such a wonderful line.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2005 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Persifler

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Aveda Damage Remedy line has been touted as the replacement for the discontinued Curessence line. The Damage Remedy treatment is a lot thicker than Curessence. It's kind of sticky, like paste. I found it very difficult to spread through my hair and it left my hands very sticky. I need to use more of this product than others, because it is so difficult to spread - not a good thing since this is an expensive product. The scent is mossy/citronella/glue, but it's pretty subtle. The protein source is from quinoa, but it is so far down the list of ingredients that it seems inconsequential. They seem to do an equal job of detangling. My hair felt soft and smooth and not weighed down. Although I was only able to use this product three times, thanks to free samples, I would not purchase it. The glue-like consistency is a complete turn-off. It seems to do a good job of moisturizing, but that's not why I loved Curessence. It was the best moisturizing protein treatment I had found. Damage Remedy just doesn't have what it takes to replace it. : ( 4.2 fl oz/125 ml for $26.00

Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts: Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Leaf Powder, LinumUsitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearalkonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Quaternium-80, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Tocopherol, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Behenamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Dimethiconol Meadowfoamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
continued >>