November 28, 2014 | 1946 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by starskyee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why oh why???? I totally agree with a previous poster who reviewed this as pears and B.O.
Which is really so very sad. Because without that awful b.o. background, it would be the first fruity fragrance that I could see myself wearing and loving! The fruits are just so light and airy, almost ethereal! Which is strange to me! I am so used to heavy, headache inducing sugary fruity fragrances!
Most end up smelling like another BBW or VS scent to me.
This one was different! I LOVED the fruit in this! If only it was alone and without whatever scary note some AG fragrances seem to have!
I actually detected this odd B.O. note in Songes and that Ce Soir Jamis one. Which is terrible, because I adore both of those otherwise! Thankfully my Quel Amour did not have this note. What on earth IS it?
I could never wear these fragrances because of it!
So sad.......

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2007 3:10:00 AM More reviews by goodygumdrops

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To me, this smells like pears dripping in pear syrup. It was way to sweet for me, and I had to take it back. If you can deal with the sweetness it seems like it would be an uplifting fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pears and body odor. The only reason I rated it a 2 and not a 1 was b/c the pear note was lovely (when I could smell it underneath the b.o., that is).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by CutiePri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really really love this scent. There's only a few fragrances that smell that great on my skin. Unfortunately it does not have lasting power-but almost all fragrances have no lasting power on me so I'm not surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by GirlyClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a pretty fragrance! It opens up very peach/pear like on me. The sales associate told me it has pear in it though I thought I read on here that it is peach. Anyway, it smells very fresh and fruity. Then it stays just sweet and floral. Now after wearing it for about 5-6 hours, it has started to smell more vanilla like on me combined with the floral. I am having no problem with it fading too quickly. I quite like it and hope to own a full bottle soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by bethwalls77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very beautiful scent; a combo of apple and pear. It actually smells like an expensive version of Victoria Secret Secret Crush to me. The main problem is that it has absolutely no staying power on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by greypoupon5

This is the best of the Goutal line. Very fleeting, though. It is light, fresh pear scent. Wonderful for a casual date or daytime summer wear. Lasts about 1 hour before it begins to fade...the EDT and EDP are identical both in wear and scent. Not just for the very young....smells great on women over 40 as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

So torn about Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie, a soft, breezy pear without foody, cloying sweetness. Unfortunately, it dries down into an unrecognizable, plain floral on my skin. I love the freshness, but the poor lasting power hardly justifies the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really didn't work for me, it had great lasting power which would have been good if I hadn't smelled like over ripe pears poached in alcohol with an undertone of burn't caramel.
Its amazing how much difference body chemistry makes to the way this fragrances smell, this one is not for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This takes my breath away. What can I say? It smells like elation, an irrational irresistability. It smells like spring for painters and poets, yet it's so girly and ecstatic that it remains fresh and very youthful. Though this shimmering fruity-floral does not contain pear, it smells a bit like it does. The balance of flowers and freshness and fruits is precicely gorgeous from first sharp bite to the last soft wave of drydown. For me this fragrance represents a sort of mania and freedom, in a pure spray of light yet intoxicating charm. Annick Goutal's website has a description that I find very good..."woman-child" is exactly how I think of it too...Cons: the bottle is something of a shrinking violet, and the natural ingredients mean you have to use it in 6 months before it turns...but that will just make you spritz it all the more, and would that we all did!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No