November 24, 2014 | 1702 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 9:59:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite microdermabrasion product so far. I have used Derma-e, Avon Clinical and MUAC's microdermabrasion items and they are all good. I find that the Mary Kay microderm has more aluminium oxide crystals and I get more dead skin sloughed off. It just seems to go deeper than the others. However, I don't care for MK's misleading claims of smaller pores and reduced fine lines as it does not do that. What it does do is leave skin very smooth. I just adore the serum that goes with this as it is very light and absorbs instantly into skin. Soothes and softens freshly scrubbed skin. Overall, an excellent kit.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2006 8:12:00 AM More reviews by lyssakaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product. It does leave your face smooth and soft. I had previously used Estee Lauder Micro-D and Idealist for microdermabrasion, which is a really great product, the Mary Kay Microderm does not seem to resurface the face as well as the EL. The reason I bought this is the price is alot cheaper than the EL. It is a good substitute for the price. But if I have enough money the next time I would get the EL.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2006 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Eric9510

Love this product! Although it is a 2 step process you DO need to add a 3rd step yourself,and that is to moisturize. Step 2 does not moisturize at all. Will purchase again. This is an AWESOME scrub. I see a nice improvement in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by YogaBabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this one, comes with the lotion that you use after the dermabrasion and it is great!The second step lotion goes on silky; I have tried Avon, but they don't have the second step, which I think helps. Seems pricey, but it lasts a good long while. Some of the Aloette pimple marks (see those reviews!) have even faded with me using this 2 step process. (plus at least w/ Mary Kay you can get your $$ back if not happy unlike that Aloette experience I had! )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by kimmah

My skin looks magnificent every time I use this product. I am blessed with very clear, fair skin that has sort of an English rosy appearance, but it gets some uneven patches that I have to hide with makeup, enlarged pores, blackeheads, etc. and it didn't have the smooth feel despite the appearance. When I started using this product, those problems all but vanished. I cannot believe how incredibly soft and smooth my face feels once I use this. It is a miracle.

The grains in the step 1 are super-fine. You will almost feel as if they aren't really big enough to be effective, but they are. Apply the serum and bask in the wonder that is your silky smooth skin. It's pricey, but good skin is worth it.

I have very finicky skin--it's combo and the weirdest things set me off. I was leery of the step 2 serum because it doesn't seem like it would really replenish much after the very abrasive step 1, but it does. The only time that I feel any dryness or tightness at all is when I use it on my neck or lower jaw. When that happens, I simply add some of my regular Dove moisturizer and it instantly goes away (I have very weird skin).

I don't see any trace of shimmer in my serum whatsoever, fwiw.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2006 5:40:00 AM More reviews by wifeofdr2b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looking for a good scrub? The first step in this kit makes for a good scrub. I like it and may repurchase. I have combo/oily/sens/acne prone skin. But a cheaper alternative which has better results ime is the good old asprin mask/scrub.

-------------Now Step 2, refine: HORRIBLE! This Serum goes on smooth but wait...look upclose in the mirror...could it be that your face is glowing?!?! Looks like it....but WAIT! NO! There is SHIMMER/GLITTER in the serum! Nasty. Just nasty. I had sparkles all over my face and immediately rinsed w/ my cleasner...2 times...in order to remove all of it. If I wanted sparkles all over my face I would have sprinkled them there on my own. I am NOT happy to find that this serum has sparkles/shimmer/glitter in it. When you first pour it out onto your hand, it looks irradescent and I didn't notice any shimmer/glitter/sparkles until I put it on my face and got *reallyclose* to the mirror and did a triple take. At first glance, I doubt you'll see it but get close and look in the mirror: ack! I don't need that clogging up my pores. So Step 2 is a total waste and shame on you MK for putting that crap in a serum!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2005 10:46:00 AM More reviews by zeebrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! I used to be the most un-girly girl. Never bothered with skincare or makeup or anything. Closest I came was a cleanser in the shower every 2-3 days if even that. I use this religiously twice a week! It's so amazing even my partner has noticed and he doesn't care much for skincare and makeup cos he reckons I don't need it. I have stocked up too! Have two sets sitting in the wings lol. I LOVE THE SERUM and if it was allowed I would probably spend 5 mins in the shower using STEP ONE.. Sunscreen is a definite must and I use Shiseido's 30++ spectrum so have not had any problems with redness or blotchiness or anything. TRY IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

PS: I've got dry dry dry skin and have the occasional stress/hormonal breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mfjasp

Mary Kay's Microderm Abrasion product is AWESOME!!! It's so easy to use, I keep the Step 1 (there are only 2) in the shower and use it a couple days per week. While I shave and let my hair condition for a minute or two, I use the microderm abrasion step on my face and neck. I've even used it on my arms!!! Then I just rinse it off and I'm done. When I get out of the shower I just apply Step 2, the refining lotion. And boom, I'm done. And it helps when my skin is breaking out, it definitely shortens the time of the breakout. And for this type of a product, the price is soooooo reasonable!!! Highly, highly recommended!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 1:21:00 AM More reviews by DKL81

I love this product, and I don't think I can a week without it! I cleanse with it every 2-3 days. It works excellent! I noticed a big improvement in the size of my pores after a few weeks. My pores were less noticable and my skin even has a healthy glow. I would recommend this for those who would like to see an improvement in their skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 3:54:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this a few times, and I use it just once per week. I like the microdermabrasion (Step 1) step. I find that the replenish/serum step(Step 2) does cool my skin down, but then it feels tight. I don't like the tight feeling and I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen. So I just follow Step 2 with my regular daily moisturizer. I have not had a problem with breakouts or other irritation from this product. I think this is a very good, effective, gentle product and I will buy it again. I might consider not getting the serum step (Step 2) next time, based on my experience.