Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This shampoo works really well for colored hair. I dye my hair really dark and this kept the color vibrate longer. It has a yummy flowery sweet smell that isn't overpowering and I can't smell it on my hair when its dried. I didn't give 5 stars due to sulfates being in the ingredients, which are known to strip color. The price was too high but you since you are buying a salon brand, expect to pay higher than normal shampoos.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a good, color-safe choice for my color treated hair. So far after over a month of usage, not much buildup - which is nice. It also does not strip my slightly dry hair. Redken makes great products and this is no exception. Bought another bottle in 2012. Still really liking it!

Update 2015: Using this and also the new Color Extend Magnetics formula.

Definitely helps to extend color!! Other shampoos and conditioners have ingredients that actually strips the color out of the hair and is way more harsh. The smell is okay.

oh I wish I checked the reviews before buying this! Stupid me. I remembered the blonde glam shamp and cond duo to be quite good for my hair....I think that the last time I got a oh your hair looks so healthy compliment was when I used that! Anyway, I thought this would be just as good for my hair.. maybe better even.... but no. After 1 wash my hair was left dry.. I thought that it might just be the way my hair was at that time cos I had been blowdrying it a bit which I don't usually do but with everywash it never got any softer or smoother :-( def not healthy looking. I don't want to waste it cos it's not the cheapest shampoo and conditioner out there but it's like it's sucking th moisture out of my hair slowly. It does an ok job if I use it after treating my hair with coconut oil but I mean I'm not guna do that for every shower!
Learnt my lesson. makeup alley 1st. buy 2nd!

I've never had great hair, but at least it is healthy looking. While using this product, I noticed my hair no longer looked healthy, in fact, it began to look dull and became difficult to style. As another reviewer mentioned, my hair never looked or felt clean after using it either.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of the shampoo. It irritated my scalp and made it itch. My hair felt very dry.

I really love Color Extend shampoo! I have alot of hair and it's super fine and after using Color Extend shampoo and conditioner my hair is full of body and shine. I color my hair a coppery brown and this shampoo and conditioner keep the copper sheen in my hair. This line really works on my hair. I also love Redken Real Control shampoo and conditioner and am totally in love with Redken's Color Gel hair color in the copper brown shade (only Redken shade I've tried).
This shampoo and conditioner work great with the Color Gel hair color.

I tried the shampoo and conditioner as a trade in for the more expensive pureology products I was using. Although I did not think it would be a replacement I thought it would at least keep my hair healthy after coloring. I am completely disappointed with this line. After shampooing and conditioning, my hair is tangled and impossible to brush. My hair is dull, lifeless and flat from using this line. I would not recommend and will not buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this shampoo it's kinda pricey I thought it would be worth it for the quality. Did absolutely nothing for my hair, didn't make it softer. The smell was alright nothing special. An average shampoo not worth the price.

Packaging is small they don't even sell it in liters. Pay a lot for not a lot of product that does nothing.

The reason I gave this product so few lippies, is because it is way too expensive for what it is, and the claims the product makes are fallacious. No shampoo can actually "extend" your color - none. Shampoos cannot cause brassiness, dullness, nada. So I have a problem with all shampoos that claim to preserve your color. I also do not like this shampoo because it is not moisturizing, which is what you want in a shampoo after you've just chemically treated your hair with color, to prevent breakage. In addition, the smell is really not a great one...sort of clinical smelling.

So in short, you pay $12 for a bottle of non-moisturizing, non-special-in-any-way, bad smelling shampoo.
Save your money...