October 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by barrieb3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never had great hair, but at least it is healthy looking. While using this product, I noticed my hair no longer looked healthy, in fact, it began to look dull and became difficult to style. As another reviewer mentioned, my hair never looked or felt clean after using it either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I received a sample of the shampoo. It irritated my scalp and made it itch. My hair felt very dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by JanC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love Color Extend shampoo! I have alot of hair and it's super fine and after using Color Extend shampoo and conditioner my hair is full of body and shine. I color my hair a coppery brown and this shampoo and conditioner keep the copper sheen in my hair. This line really works on my hair. I also love Redken Real Control shampoo and conditioner and am totally in love with Redken's Color Gel hair color in the copper brown shade (only Redken shade I've tried).
This shampoo and conditioner work great with the Color Gel hair color.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by akiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried the shampoo and conditioner as a trade in for the more expensive pureology products I was using. Although I did not think it would be a replacement I thought it would at least keep my hair healthy after coloring. I am completely disappointed with this line. After shampooing and conditioning, my hair is tangled and impossible to brush. My hair is dull, lifeless and flat from using this line. I would not recommend and will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I tried this shampoo it's kinda pricey I thought it would be worth it for the quality. Did absolutely nothing for my hair, didn't make it softer. The smell was alright nothing special. An average shampoo not worth the price.

Packaging is small they don't even sell it in liters. Pay a lot for not a lot of product that does nothing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by janeway88

The reason I gave this product so few lippies, is because it is way too expensive for what it is, and the claims the product makes are fallacious. No shampoo can actually "extend" your color - none. Shampoos cannot cause brassiness, dullness, nada. So I have a problem with all shampoos that claim to preserve your color. I also do not like this shampoo because it is not moisturizing, which is what you want in a shampoo after you've just chemically treated your hair with color, to prevent breakage. In addition, the smell is really not a great one...sort of clinical smelling.

So in short, you pay $12 for a bottle of non-moisturizing, non-special-in-any-way, bad smelling shampoo.
Save your money...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by castell

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with previous review. The All Soft made my hair look dull. The Color Extend does just that---keeps the color fresh! It can't stop the grey, but what can?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Bobbie5772

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have found my HG shampoo and conditioner! I was using Redken's All Soft in the gold bottles and it is really the best shampoo and conditioner for my thick, fine damaged hair. The only problem was it fades color like crazy- I mean with one or two uses. Now I've found Redken's Color Extend- it makes my hair feel as soft and as shiny as the All Soft, but no fading. I have to wash daily, so this was a real problem before. This stuff is the best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice shampoo but for color treated hair, it is nothing special. It has a great scent and is wonderfully creamy and lathers great. My stylist suggests it to extend my color. She swears by it and highly recommends it. I didn't notice ANY help with keeping the color in my hair. I won't buy anymore. After a year of using this, I started using another brand (not specifically for colored hair) but didn't tell my stylist. She say she could tell how well the Redken was working. NOT! What a joke.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo didn't seem to actually 'shampoo' my hair - meaning it felt greasy and looked very flat and dull afterwards. Like I hadn't washed it in a few days. It smells nice though, but it just doesn't work for me at all. A 'no' to repurchasing this or the matching conditioner.