August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by girlinabox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just had to buy this colour when I saw it (570 Vixen from the new Autumn range) and for just over 6 I thought "bargain". However, I am quite disappointed so far. After using Sally Hansen Double Duty I applied one coat of this, then let it dry. The brush in my opinion is actually quite good but once my first coat had dried it looked very streaky. After applying my second coat I thought it looked fab...until it dried completely...there are air bubbles all over my nails!!! I will probably take this off tonight and use my Chanel Rouge Noir. Okay, it doesn't last *that* long for what you pay for it but if it means I can go out tomorrow evening with perfect looking nails then I'm not complaining! I cannot comment on the longevity of this as I will be removing it but I will try it another time and update this review then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 4:23:00 AM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely decent nail polishes but of course not my favorite due to the fact that they dry and become thick rather fast. Other than that they do have some nice shades. I'd recommend OPI & Essie or Orly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

just bought totally toffee,perfect color for fall/winter,rich milk chocolate color,sexy and elegant at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by pinkcl0uds

This is my favorite brand of nailpolish! THey go on really smoothly and evenly and the shorter brush handle gives me a lot of control which makes it so much easier for me to do french tips! Sheer nude is my favorite color!
i also dont have to worry because they are dbp free, toulene free and formaldehyde free!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ehhh, I'm sort of between a 2 and 3 on this one. I've tried many Revlon nail shades over the years, probably 10 to 15 over several years, and I've always liked the shades but been unimpressed with the formula. It used to form air bubbles no matter how I applied it; that problem has been formulated out of the product, but it still takes longer than average to dry and isn't particularly shiny. Wear is a bit below average, too. If you want good drugstore polish, I'd recommend Sinful Colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kams64

My daughter and I both spotted this LE polish color at the same time and we had to have it. Guava Glam. It's a gorgeous pinky peach with shimmer. It may be the prettiest color polish I've ever purchased. My daughter is sporting it on her toes already. I had just done my pedicure a couple days ago, but I can't wait to change to this polish now! Revlon polishes are always a good bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Great great nail enamel! Many colours to choose from all as good as the other! This nail polish lasts surprisingly long on me: 3-5 days WITHOUT top coat, and about a week with a top coat. I have this is "Cherries in the snow" (a reddish fuchsia) and in "Plum Attraction" (a gorgeous dark shimmering purple). They are easy to apply last quite long and you get a lot of product for the price (14,7mL for 4,99$ and sometimes 2,99$ on sale)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by thePinkcess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mom always had a stash of these in her drawer, and as a little girl I would go through the various colours! Back then, I never appreciated how amazing their nail polish is. Now that I'm obsessed with colouring my nails, I realize that Revlon's works the best for me. It goes on so smooth and evenly, and it lasts long as well. However, I did try their ColorStay polishes and they are NOTHING compared to the original. I love this also because there is a good amount of product as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by gimmieshoes

I love Revlon nail polishes. I though OPI was the way to go and yes, they have more colors than Revlon, but for less money you can get an almost identical product.

Revlon didn't chip at all when I washed dishes, did laundry, or whatever......

Definitely HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent stuff. And that's coming from an OPI fan...

This - in Pink Nude, #900 - is now replacing my old love, OPI Passion. Like it, this is a natural YBB nail varnish: pale, slightly more rose than the Passion. What my mother would call "shell-pink." I call it my perfect pink.

I happened upon it almost by accident. I had drugstore points to spend (thanks Boots!). I also happened to have noticed that Revlon's basic nail-varnish range - "Nail Enamel" with the gold band, as opposed to the various others with more words on them - I'd noticed it was free of formaldehyde, toluene, and phthalates. And not tested on animals. Bingo.

Then the fond memories started to resurge, of a very nice Revlon sheer creamy nude shade, a long time ago, before I met OPI. Ah, the joy of exes. Hmmm.

Alas, no nudies here in Boots' limited available range. But some very nice pinks: Pink Nude (900), the lighter Sheer Blossom and Sheer Pink, and the subtly darker Sheer Rose. The Pink Nude is very slightly deeper, more blushing, than my usual OPI Passion. Sheer, light wash of colour, a cream without any pearlescence or sparkles Yes, this is definitely pink - but in a "healthy nail-beds" way. Mine are naturally a rather absurd shade of palest lavender. Sound sweet but looks daft when hand is seen next to other hands hanging on in vehicles of public transportation.

Wear - with a basecoat and topcoat - good so far. Easy to apply, one coat, quite sheer, no streaking or splodges or bubbles. Maybe that's more to do with having a base on? Dried fast; faster than my OPI. No chips or funky business.

Revlon's website has some other pale/sheer tones that look most enticing: Sheer Nude, Sheer Blush, Sheer Buff, and Light. Sheer Nude is the beauty I had before; my first true nude, ah the excitement of that first encounter with nakedness (close to my current nude, OPI's Samoan Sand). I digress: the others look like pleasing pale near-birthday-suits, with varying tinges of peach, pink, lilac, and coffee.

Other greats: Teak Rose - lovely everyday rose for toes. And various voluptuous blue-reds, perfectly possible on pale feet: Cherries in the Snow (pink/red; two coats goes well with Clinique Black Honey on lips), Vixen, and Raven Red. continued >>