La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

on 2/11/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Cons: Packaging could be better. Steep price.

Pros: Does the job. Stays on. Keeps my lips soft and hydrated for a long time. Minty scent. Tastes sweet to me.

Love it!!!!

EDIT: Although I've been using this religiously for months, the jar is still more than half full so that's a lot of value for money. BUT after 9 months of use, the product isn't doing anything for me at all. The moisturizing effect it use to have has suddenly disappeared over time. I'd say Vaseline would moisturize my lips more at this point. Thus, I'm striking 2 lippies from my first review.
Would not repurchase.

on 2/3/2010 4:24:00 PM

I adore this lip balm. My lips become very dry quickly and this is the perfect lip balm for soothe and protect them. The price is very high but if you have 'problem' lips then it could be a good choice. I took Accutane several years ago and my lips never recovered so this is a great way to care for them. Other than the price, the only other negative is a the packaging. It is sort of a hassle to carry the little pot around and I would prefer a stick. I don't think that this lip balm is for everyone, just people who have lip dryness issues otherwise you could find something cheaper.

on 1/24/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This costs 52,00 in Italy. HOnestly? 52,00 for a lip balm?!
In any case, I sampled it, and my lips felt softer and smoother right away, so I'm sure it's a really good lip balm... but it's not worth 52,00. seriously.

on 1/22/2010 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Confessions of the lip Balm junkie......... La Mer Lip balm with it's minty creaminess both hydrates and soothes for hours .A five star lip balm Best place to purchase? La Mer.com with free shipping and three deluxe gwp of your choice! It last months and comes in a large pot. Repeat buyer here!

on 12/13/2009 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favourite lip balm EVER. It is kind of expensive, I guess, but nothing else has ever made my dry lips feel that moisturized. In the mornings I used it under lipstick / lipgloss and normally put on a lot at night before going to sleep. And I actually did buy it again!

on 12/13/2009 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't think this is a bad lip balm, it moisturizes well and I like the packaging and do think that it would last a few months. But it does not wow me and that's why I gave it 4, and then took off another because of the exorbitant price tag. There really are much better lip balms out there for $25 or less.

on 12/12/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, the price of this lip balm is ridiculous. I added this to a clothing order I was placing though so the cost was "hidden" in the total lol. The first few times I used it I was definitely thinking "way to waste money, this stuff is terrible!" but I kept using it b/c well, it was so damn expensive. Then one day I accidentally nicked the product with my nail. This caused me to curse under my breath b/c I am a bit anal about keeping my stuff perfect, but as it turns out, it was the key to La Mer lip balm happiness. The stuff under the top layer is AWESOME. It has now dipped into the 20s in NJ and my lips are as soft and supple as if it is mid-August. That is definitely not the norm for me! I will definitely repurchase this for next winter too.

this is such a stupid product. its stupid because of the price, the balm itself is very nice but the price is ridiculous and its NOT WORTH IT. vaseline lip therapy advanced formula does precisely the same exact thing except la mer's balm has little shimmer particles in it.

on 11/9/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this because I got the whole set of La Mer products. I think this is probably the most expensive lip product I'd ever purchased. I personally do not think there is anything magical about this. I do like the fact that it smells like chocolate mint. Texture wise, I prefer using my Avene Cold Cream lip balm. It's way less expensive and feels so much better on my lips. I am really picky as to what I use. I got rid of most of my lip products except the Avene lip balm.

on 10/18/2009 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the ultimate lipbalm! What it does, unlike any other lipbalm (hence it's price) is that it heals any cuts or ulcers around my lip area. This is what I've found with La Mer products, they help heal the skin.

It is super expensive, but a little goes a long way. It also reduces my lines on my lips and I only need to reapply after 4-5 hours. My one has lasted me over a year!

Love the gentle smell too!

The only criticism I have is that I have to use my fingers to apply, which isn't a biggy.

Popular Lip Treatments