November 21, 2014 | 1951 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This costs 52,00 in Italy. HOnestly? 52,00 for a lip balm?!
In any case, I sampled it, and my lips felt softer and smoother right away, so I'm sure it's a really good lip balm... but it's not worth 52,00. seriously.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by willy56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Confessions of the lip Balm junkie......... La Mer Lip balm with it's minty creaminess both hydrates and soothes for hours .A five star lip balm Best place to purchase? La Mer.com with free shipping and three deluxe gwp of your choice! It last months and comes in a large pot. Repeat buyer here!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lip balm EVER. It is kind of expensive, I guess, but nothing else has ever made my dry lips feel that moisturized. In the mornings I used it under lipstick / lipgloss and normally put on a lot at night before going to sleep. And I actually did buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think this is a bad lip balm, it moisturizes well and I like the packaging and do think that it would last a few months. But it does not wow me and that's why I gave it 4, and then took off another because of the exorbitant price tag. There really are much better lip balms out there for $25 or less.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by eseq

Okay, the price of this lip balm is ridiculous. I added this to a clothing order I was placing though so the cost was "hidden" in the total lol. The first few times I used it I was definitely thinking "way to waste money, this stuff is terrible!" but I kept using it b/c well, it was so damn expensive. Then one day I accidentally nicked the product with my nail. This caused me to curse under my breath b/c I am a bit anal about keeping my stuff perfect, but as it turns out, it was the key to La Mer lip balm happiness. The stuff under the top layer is AWESOME. It has now dipped into the 20s in NJ and my lips are as soft and supple as if it is mid-August. That is definitely not the norm for me! I will definitely repurchase this for next winter too.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by etherealbeauty

this is such a stupid product. its stupid because of the price, the balm itself is very nice but the price is ridiculous and its NOT WORTH IT. vaseline lip therapy advanced formula does precisely the same exact thing except la mer's balm has little shimmer particles in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by bellefish

I got this because I got the whole set of La Mer products. I think this is probably the most expensive lip product I'd ever purchased. I personally do not think there is anything magical about this. I do like the fact that it smells like chocolate mint. Texture wise, I prefer using my Avene Cold Cream lip balm. It's way less expensive and feels so much better on my lips. I am really picky as to what I use. I got rid of most of my lip products except the Avene lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by letseat

This is the ultimate lipbalm! What it does, unlike any other lipbalm (hence it's price) is that it heals any cuts or ulcers around my lip area. This is what I've found with La Mer products, they help heal the skin.

It is super expensive, but a little goes a long way. It also reduces my lines on my lips and I only need to reapply after 4-5 hours. My one has lasted me over a year!

Love the gentle smell too!

The only criticism I have is that I have to use my fingers to apply, which isn't a biggy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by knrash

I adore this lip moisturizer.... for night time use only. As other have said, it's lightweight so if you are eating and drinking or whatever, it wears off quickly. But if you are say, sleeping, on a plane ride, ect. it works wonders. It helps my chapped lips right away and keeps them very soft and smooth. I like that it's not super heavy; I don't care for that feeling on my lips.

My complaint as well is I have to ensure I sanitize my hands before using this. I don't care for dipping my fingers in the product and applying. It they made this into a stick that would be wonderful.

I believe it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

This was my first La mer purchase....and I really love this lip balm. Very hydrating for my usually sore and dry lips. I use this i think like most ladies before bed each night, and in the morning before i do my make up and lipgloss/lipstick...i dont usually re apply during the day as i like to wear lipstick and/or gloss but its perfect for long plane journeys because the plane air can be really terrible. I now have this and the beautiful body lotion, my next wish item is the face cream....:)