April 24, 2014 | 1919 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by bellefish

I got this because I got the whole set of La Mer products. I think this is probably the most expensive lip product I'd ever purchased. I personally do not think there is anything magical about this. I do like the fact that it smells like chocolate mint. Texture wise, I prefer using my Avene Cold Cream lip balm. It's way less expensive and feels so much better on my lips. I am really picky as to what I use. I got rid of most of my lip products except the Avene lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by letseat

This is the ultimate lipbalm! What it does, unlike any other lipbalm (hence it's price) is that it heals any cuts or ulcers around my lip area. This is what I've found with La Mer products, they help heal the skin.

It is super expensive, but a little goes a long way. It also reduces my lines on my lips and I only need to reapply after 4-5 hours. My one has lasted me over a year!

Love the gentle smell too!

The only criticism I have is that I have to use my fingers to apply, which isn't a biggy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by knrash

I adore this lip moisturizer.... for night time use only. As other have said, it's lightweight so if you are eating and drinking or whatever, it wears off quickly. But if you are say, sleeping, on a plane ride, ect. it works wonders. It helps my chapped lips right away and keeps them very soft and smooth. I like that it's not super heavy; I don't care for that feeling on my lips.

My complaint as well is I have to ensure I sanitize my hands before using this. I don't care for dipping my fingers in the product and applying. It they made this into a stick that would be wonderful.

I believe it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

This was my first La mer purchase....and I really love this lip balm. Very hydrating for my usually sore and dry lips. I use this i think like most ladies before bed each night, and in the morning before i do my make up and lipgloss/lipstick...i dont usually re apply during the day as i like to wear lipstick and/or gloss but its perfect for long plane journeys because the plane air can be really terrible. I now have this and the beautiful body lotion, my next wish item is the face cream....:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by tamama25

This is my fav product from La Mer, I use to have really dry lips and they often chap from time to time. I put this on as a night treatment just before I go to bed. It really works, my lips felt very soft and moisturised the next morning. I've been using it for the past 3 weeks and I no longer have dry lips anymore. It is expensive but I really recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Wendiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this lip balm. I've bought three jars...wanted to make sure that I had one at all times; however, I found that it does not work well in cooler/drier climates. I live in South Florida. It's pretty humid here. I am always on a plane...works well there. I spent a month in a drier climate and it didn't work at all....when challenged. My lips were swollen and bleeding. It was quite embarassing. I suggest you find something cheaper and more effective. That's what I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by deblog

This is a great lip treatment and works well but I really dislike having to put my fingers into it. I'd prefer a stick gloss just seems more sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by crimsonmai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lip balm despite how expensive it is. It's the only one I've found that can last for hours from a single application and will leave your lips feeling softer than when you first applied it. The only drawback that I could find is that it contains parabens. I know some people don't really mind them, and if you're one of those then you should definitely give this lip balm a try.

Being the paranoid person that I am though I'm still debating whether or not I should buy this product again. If it weren't for the parabens it would definitely be my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by natashaogle

This does everything it claims to do but I prefer a heavier lipbalm.
This is extremely lightweight and thin on my lips, which means re-application after eating and drinking. For this reason I only use this at bedtime.

My only complaint about this balm is that it doesn’t stay put. :o(

I prefer my Lanolin lip ointment, which seems to give better hydration and lasts all day.

Ingredients: Petrolatum, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, phenyl trimethicone, polyglyceryl-10 pentaoleate, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, seaweed extract, emerald, algae extract, tourmaline, sesame oil, eucalyptus oil, sesame seeds, alfalfa seeds, sunflower seeds, powdered almonds, sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium and zinc gluconate, vitamin e succinate, niacin, fish protein, castor oil, phytosphingosine trehalose, polybutene, tocopheryl acetate, cholesterol, glyceryl distearate, purified water, glycerin, menthyl pca, oleic acid, palmitic acid, sodium saccharin, fragrance, sorbitan sesquioleate, calcium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, bht propylparaben, blue 1 lake, yellow 5 lake.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by dededa80

I thought I would really love this product...but for the expensive price tag it didn't really deliver the results. I think a generic brand lip balm could've provide the same results..... I will not purchase this again.