April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2005 2:19:00 AM More reviews by serpentinity

I got the bronze shimmerbrick from a friend who accidently bought two. This thing is what got me into makeup! It is so very long lasting! I use it mainly as eyeshadow, and use a bit to highlight and define my cheeks. I'm not sure if I'd use it heavily on my face, as it is VERY shimmery. EVERY TIME, and I mean literally every time I wear it on my eyes I get compliments! They are the best shades for my PPP skin and blue eyes! Plus, it lasts AGES. When I finally run out (I use it everyday and barely have made a dent) I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2005 9:45:00 PM More reviews by MuggBeer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these little gems. I am a shimmer Queen, and nothing is like them for that effect. I like to use this as a bronzer in summer to give me a sunkissed glow. The price is steep, but it's still an HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2005 11:12:00 PM More reviews by elienta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This look so pretty that I had to get it. Severely overpriced - 65 dollars in Korea. I have medium/neutral Asian skin and on its own, this did not show up on me at all. It looks pretty applied as a highlighter over beige-toned blush or a bronzer. BB says it gives a "candle-lit" glow and I guess it does, but I don't find myself reaching for it that often. Not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by miracle467

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Rose and Bronze and I like them both. The bronze is GREAT as a blush, bronzer, shimmer, and eye shadow!!!!! I will buy the bronze again when I run out. The rose is nice to. If ur are dark I would recommend the rose instead of the pink cause its a bit darker, but all the shimmer bricks are shimmer and barley there colors unless u put it on right. Anyway I like the shimmer bricks they are great!!!!
If u haveolive/tan skin i would recommend the BRONZE!!!! Oh and ebay sells them mora than u can buy it at the actual store so be careful not to get ripped off on ebay!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have to say overall this product was not what I expected. After all the hoopla and the enormous amount of money i spent on this, it was highly overrated! Don't get me wrong, this is a nice shimmer powder that has just the right amount of sparkle but it is not worth more than $35! The compact is very messy with loose particles of shimmer that get everywhere. The colors make pretty eye shadows when applied wet but nothing spectacular, it even creased on me. I will only use mine as a highlighter. IMO this is the same thing as the shimmerchalk kit, except it came in a compact. If you took the chalks and laid them all next to eachother and used a brush across all the shades, you would get the same effect. This is a pretty item to look at but dont go broke purchasing one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 3:18:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i'm reviewing bronze shimmerbrick.

love this! the perfect bronzer for my ultra light skin. very subtle and healthy looking... gives me that glowing-from-within appearance!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by HeyGorgeous

DROP YOUR COMPACTS,BRUSHES,EYE PENCILS OR WHATEVER AND GO PRONTO TO A BOBBI BROWN COUNTER NEAR YOU AND PURCHASE THIS PRODCUT!This product is my baby. It is the only product that I use year after year after year and never get tired of, or find that there is anything even remotely better! I use it in bronze all year round and find that it gives my skin the healthiest glow I've ever seen(even if i'm having a really pasty moment, it totally blends in) that will (i pinkie swear)honestly last you the whole day through. If you're skin gets a little dry in the winter and you need to apply some moisturizer on top of it, go right ahead; it won't streak. Screw foundation, primer, concealer w.e uhh/.
This will replace all that crap completely because of the total transforming glow it gives your face. I was breaking out from using foundation,which I didn't need to be using at age 16, but sort of fell into with its au naturel enhancing hype.Don't be foolexd by what they say: All heavy makeup will clog your pores and will age you. now with this, my skin is gorgeous even when I wash it off. It can be applied very lightly to give you a dewy sunkissed look, or can be applied heavily for a brighter more dramatic look. It doesn't look brown like most bronzers do. It's pigmentsmake you're cheeks perk up and shine like a little girls.Many of you have said that you like a bronzer that has less shimmer and more pigment. I wouldn't recommend buying a matte bronzer; Countouring your cheeks is seriously outdated and looks bad on fair to medium complexions.Beleive me this bronzer will adapt to even the lightest skintones. It's amazing how small the shimmer particles are; you'd expect them to show up very glittery and harsh, but they don't. In fact, they are so small that it is hard to tell what you are wearing. You just look fresh and healthy.This all I wear during the day. I wake up put on some liner and use this product and I look fresh out Mauii. It also made me stop wearing blush. I find that if you have healthy color like this, a pink look to your cheeks is unnecesary and kind of unatural. I do however admit that the packaging is annoying. It drops and brakes and scratches easily(I keep it in a little pouch).make sure to try it on your eyes and anyhwer else where you wanna glow.I love all their other colors too.Beige is beautiful; lighter ofcourse, but still super pretty. NOW TAKE OUT YOUR $ 35 THAT YOU WERE GOING TO EVENTUALLY END UP SPENDING ON SOME RETARDED MAGAZINES, AND PILATES VIDEOS AND BUY THIS.

later guys ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 9:20:00 PM More reviews by LAborn

I like this but I agree with posters that this product should be used as a highlighter and not as a bronzer. It doesn't have a lot of pigment so even for my fair skin I had to use a lot of product, this made me look like "robot girl" (as my boyfriend called me) because I had so much shimmer on my face. I like armani's sheer bronzer to add color to my face and use this for finishing touches.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2005 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's a lot of hype of this product, but I didn't want to shell out so much money on something I don't know much about. I got this in a swap, and I am sooo disappointed. It didn't even show up on my pale asian skin. The shimmery-ness showed up, but that took a lot of swirling in the compact. Finally got to swap this away! I'd never try this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by WickedWahini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are great highlighters! The application is sheer yet effective. I use the Beige to highlight and it gives a candlelit glow. I use the bronze as a blush and it gives a nice dewy effect. This is great for those with no skin issues, since this highlights everything on the face.