December 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by eenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am often asked by friends if I have a single favorite out of all the makeup I own. Every time I am asked, I respond by breaking out a Shimmer brick and telling them that if I had to give up all my makeup and keep one thing, it would be a shimmer brick. I own Apricot, Bronze, and Pink, all of which I use on a daily basis. What I love about Shimmer bricks is that not only do they look amazing on your cheeks, but on your eyes as well. It is possible to do almost a full face of makeup with just this one product. I also love how the different shades of shimmer brick compliment different shades of blush. I never fail to get complimented on how my face seems to glow, and I have these to thank!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 8:34:00 AM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the rose because it looks so amazing. I am pale and use a bronzer. This JUST on the apple of my cheeks gives me the prettiest pop of glam color. I really needed another blush like I need a hole in the head but that didnt stop me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by luvthered

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My makeup lemmings come and go, but one thing that remains constant is my loyalty to the Shimmer Bricks. I have every color palette and while they aren't all "perfect" on me, I've found a way to make good use of all of them to achieve different effects. There's something about the formula that just seems to "melt" into my skin in the most flattering, natural way. They may seem expensive at first, but they last a very long time, even with daily use. My first beige one lasted over two years and I used it nearly every day. There are now several lookalike knockoffs out there and while some of them actually are pretty good, none compare to the original. If you're undecided about color or how to use them, just as a BB SA, they're very helpful and the ones I've encountered haven't been obnoxious or pushy. Try one ( or all) You'll be hooked in no time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 4:57:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Got the Apricot one a few days ago-have worn it almost every day since. I love the glow it gives my complexion and i use the highlighter on my brow bone. I don't think its too shimmery at all, although lots of the ladies say it is. I use this now instead of Deep Throat. Will def. repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2005 2:19:00 AM More reviews by serpentinity

I got the bronze shimmerbrick from a friend who accidently bought two. This thing is what got me into makeup! It is so very long lasting! I use it mainly as eyeshadow, and use a bit to highlight and define my cheeks. I'm not sure if I'd use it heavily on my face, as it is VERY shimmery. EVERY TIME, and I mean literally every time I wear it on my eyes I get compliments! They are the best shades for my PPP skin and blue eyes! Plus, it lasts AGES. When I finally run out (I use it everyday and barely have made a dent) I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2005 9:45:00 PM More reviews by MuggBeer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these little gems. I am a shimmer Queen, and nothing is like them for that effect. I like to use this as a bronzer in summer to give me a sunkissed glow. The price is steep, but it's still an HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2005 11:12:00 PM More reviews by elienta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This look so pretty that I had to get it. Severely overpriced - 65 dollars in Korea. I have medium/neutral Asian skin and on its own, this did not show up on me at all. It looks pretty applied as a highlighter over beige-toned blush or a bronzer. BB says it gives a "candle-lit" glow and I guess it does, but I don't find myself reaching for it that often. Not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by miracle467

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Rose and Bronze and I like them both. The bronze is GREAT as a blush, bronzer, shimmer, and eye shadow!!!!! I will buy the bronze again when I run out. The rose is nice to. If ur are dark I would recommend the rose instead of the pink cause its a bit darker, but all the shimmer bricks are shimmer and barley there colors unless u put it on right. Anyway I like the shimmer bricks they are great!!!!
If u haveolive/tan skin i would recommend the BRONZE!!!! Oh and ebay sells them mora than u can buy it at the actual store so be careful not to get ripped off on ebay!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have to say overall this product was not what I expected. After all the hoopla and the enormous amount of money i spent on this, it was highly overrated! Don't get me wrong, this is a nice shimmer powder that has just the right amount of sparkle but it is not worth more than $35! The compact is very messy with loose particles of shimmer that get everywhere. The colors make pretty eye shadows when applied wet but nothing spectacular, it even creased on me. I will only use mine as a highlighter. IMO this is the same thing as the shimmerchalk kit, except it came in a compact. If you took the chalks and laid them all next to eachother and used a brush across all the shades, you would get the same effect. This is a pretty item to look at but dont go broke purchasing one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 3:18:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i'm reviewing bronze shimmerbrick.

love this! the perfect bronzer for my ultra light skin. very subtle and healthy looking... gives me that glowing-from-within appearance!