November 26, 2014 | 1435 users online

Scrubs - Mary Kay - Micro-dermabrasion

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a PPP and have been terrified to try micro scrubs -- I would turn bright red and sore. I tried a sample -- and I am sold. I used to scrub every morning to get rid of dry skin flakes, and no more. I use it once a week and it works. I wish it was cheaper, but hey -- it does what it is supposed to. However -- make sure your face is wet -- otherwise pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 7:22:00 AM More reviews by zeebrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! I used to be the most un-girly girl. Never bothered with skincare or makeup or anything. Closest I came was a cleanser in the shower every 2-3 days if even that. I use this religiously twice a week! It's so amazing even my partner has noticed and he doesn't care much for skincare and makeup cos he reckons I don't need it. I have stocked up too! Have two sets sitting in the wings lol. I LOVE THE SERUM and if it was allowed I would probably spend 5 mins in the shower using STEP ONE.. Sunscreen is a definite must and I use Shiseido's 30++ spectrum so have not had any problems with redness or blotchiness or anything. TRY IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT. PS: I've got dry dry dry skin and have the occasional stress/hormonal breakouts. UPDATE: Have my partner using it too now but just STEP ONE. He has really oily skin and he says he can feel the difference. His face is dryer and he likes it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2005 8:43:00 PM More reviews by classi713

I only used this once as a sample, but I have to say my skin was immediately smooth, and felt soft for days afterwards. I bought the Regenerist to compare results but didn't get the same instant results that I got from MK, so I went on ebay to purchase more samples. Will update in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by julieshurmatz

I was really expecting more from these very expensive products. They do nothing for my dry skin, and I think the "replenish" lotion makes me break out. My face looks so red and blochy for hours after using this. Save your money and don't buy this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sugamunki

oh, also i wanted to mention the reason i started giving the replenishing cream a second try waqs because i was on "e-acnetreatment.com" cruisning around (i actually belong to acne journals as well- sad but true) and they specifically recommended this product :)

so that boosted my comfort level :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 2:23:00 PM More reviews by sugamunki

I wanted to update because i use this product 2-3x/week religiousy and have been doing so since early june and my exfoliating step is only a tiny bit beyond HALF way gone so I think this should last me SIX MONTHS! The replenishing left my skin so smoothe i was nervous about continuing to use it but I have since contacted mary kay's medical group and they will answer all your clinical questions (i had no idea- makes me want to be a rep again!) and although they couldn't give me the claim "non-acnegenic" she could tell me it was "non-comedogenic" (which i view as better anyways- it doesn't clog pores and therefore cause acne...)

so i am psyched with my set and happy as can be :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2005 11:19:00 AM More reviews by SheilaM

Although slightly on the expensive side, I love this microdermabarasion kit! It makes my skin feel so smooth and soft! The replenishing lotion used after the scrub is soothing and gives your face a glow. I have oily, acne-prone skin and this did not irritate at all. Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2005 10:59:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

A MK SA gave this to me for 2 weeks to try, so I was excited to try it because of all the microdermabrasion hype that's been going around. I was slightly disappointed and gave the product back to her.

For reference, I have combo skin with oily nose, but dry cheeks and normal forehead/chin. I was looking for something to really slough off the dead skin and also to help with my blackheads. After using it, I did notice that my skin was softer, but not moreso than when I use any of my other scrubs. I scrubbed for 1-2min twice a week. And though my skin was not irritated, I didn't see any difference in it.

For the $55USD that they are charging for this set, I think it is a rip-off. I would rather go to MAC and buy the Microfine Refinisher for $22 instead, or else use the L'Oreal or Neutrogena microdermabrasion kit. I think there are probably better (and cheaper) options out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Mamaspice

I have had a professional microdermabrasion and although I did not like the price, I loved the results. After remodeling our home I now have a "spa" bathroom and wanted to recreate the spa microdermabrasion treatment without the high cost. Long story short - this is it! A spa treatment microdermabrasion in a bottle. They use the same crystals in this formula that the spa techs do but at a fraction of the price. Light some candles, put on some meditation music, climb in your bathrobe and you will be all set (wine optional). The serum that follows the treatment is excellent for somewhat oily sensitive skins. You can feel the irritation from the treatment disappear when you apply it. I have found that using the scrub with only SLIGHTLY WET fingers works best so you get the full effect. This WILL hurt but no pain, no gain and it's all worth it in the end when you have glowing rejuvinated skin. I will continue to purchase this. Use 2-3 times a week for optimal results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 1:37:00 AM More reviews by skygirl78

I love this set. I have sensative skin and I break out occasionally and this did not irratate or break me out. It left my skin soft and glowing. I use the scrube 2 times a week and the 2nd step every night now. I love the way my skin looks now that I have been using this.