October 20, 2014 | 1987 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this shade unseen from the Bobbi counter here in town, due to all the positive reviews on MUA. Since I didn't even look at it in the store, and the boxe is opaque, I wasn't quite sure what I'd gotten my hands on when I finally did open the box and peered inside. I was quite surprised by the colour, a really muted, almost brown very earthy colour. Where was the rose? Where was the blush? I do admit to checking the label on the box because I was convinced I had the wrong colour. Do keep in mind that I'm used to bright blushes, so really muted is not really up my alley at all. My most muted shade is Bobbi Sand Pink, and even that doesn't look as dull in the pot as Blushed Rose does. I guess this is a good lesson in not just looking at the actual colour in the pot, but rather on the skin, because this shade is just gorgeous. Looks like a really pretty healthy flush. I personally like applying this colour with a sponge, I find it much easier to get on properly and blend out, not that I can't do it with my fingers, but my fingers seen to sheer the product out too much. A sponge deposits a really nice amount of colour on the cheek and requires minimal blending.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this as a sample with purchase, what a great color! Very believable on my slightly tan skin-like a natural flush. I really like the creaminess, and like someone else said, it reminds me of a young child's cheeks when they run outside! Will buy for sure when the little pot runs out, but that will be awhile, since I hardly have to use any at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Aspen49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this blush. The texture is so creamy and easy to blend, and the color is so natural. This looks good on the lips as well. For the price, you get quite a bit. I look forward to buying this in more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by LDDC

I agree with all the reviews below. This product is amazing and nothing else on the market compares to it! It's so easy to use (I just blend with my fingers) and the colors and textures are amazing. I reach for my blushed rose the most and find that it's great on my lips as well! Can't say enough about this blush! It's PERFECT! I'm hooked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Got this as a free sample from a recent, online, BB purchase... and I think this is a GREAT creme blush! Now I KNOW I'm going to be checking out the BB counter the next time I visit the mall to check out the other Pot Rouge colors! :o)This Pot Rouge is not as slick as MAC's Blushcremes, so it is a little harder for me to blend. Harder- though not impossible. Once I had it the way I like my blush, this was a very natural color on me (MAC NW20), it was matte (no sparkles), and it lasted ALL day! Lovely!This product is unlike the MAC creme blushes (which I do love also, BTW), becuz I didn't need to powder over it to minimize the greasy shine. (Sometimes the shine bothers me.) I would definitely buy this one again, and maybe pick up another color to try, too! Bravo, Bobbi Brown, on another great product! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

OMG. Being the creme/gel blush ho that I am, I can't believe I've waited this long to finally try a BB rouge pot. This one is my first and I'm lovin' it!!! For reference I'm LLL/MMM olive with plummy undertones. I was a little (ok...a lot) skeptical when I first opened the package. The color is so dull and boring in the pot. Really flat and muddy looking. But then you put it on (I use blush brush or fingers) and it just melds to my skin. It's not that glowy blush that tarte or SKA IG's give you, it actually looks like it's your skin that has the color. Like babies and little ones who just have that natural blush thing goin' on. Amazing. I totally agree the color looks so incredibly natural. Texture is sheer and creamy. Glides on really sheer and is totally buildable and blendable. You just can't screw this stuff up. Stays on about 8 hours for me, so if I'm going out after work I definitely need a light touch up, but WHO CARES?!? Totally worth it. Also looks great dabbed on lips with a little balm or gloss over it. Love the packaging. Easy to pack and stack. If this is any indication of how the rest of BB's PR's are, I'm sold and will have to get the whole bunch!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by abbyandbasil

The reviewer who wrote that this blush makes you looks like you're ACTUALLY BLUSHING is absolutely right! Wowie! It just feels like good product---it goes on sheerly and blends easily. I don't know that it lasts as long as I would like it to (I find I apply it more than once throughout the day), but it's definitely a keeper. BTW, this is also intended to double for the lips. Looks great as a nice blush "base coat" color with a swipe of gloss :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by bonnardkitten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. I have to admit that it looks decent enough in pictures I've seen of myself wearing it. However, when I look in the mirror, I feel that it is too coppery, and not rose-brown enough. I guess this means that it is slightly warm-toned, and I was expecting it to be cool-toned. I also find it difficult to apply - it doesn't spread as easily as Stila pot rouges do. I think this shade looks better when applied to the cheek bones, rather than to the apples of the cheek. Stila pot rouge in Lotus is still my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by swimchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Blush is Amazing and the name describes the color perfectly. It gives you a very natural pop of color that lasts the whole day with out any problems. This is a staple in my bag and i would def repurchase, but I dont see that happening anytime soon because there is so much in the container and you only need a little bit. Its also great to carry in your purse throughout the day just in case you need a little bit of color. Best Cream Blush Ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kaytiej

OMG -- another HG blush! For some reason, I swapped away all of my Stila convertible color blushes, but am totally obsessed by this one -- perfect warm rose -- I like to blend it with a foundation brush, then top if with a swipe of my Guerlain meteorites, then a tiny skunk-brush swipe of Laura Mercier Apricot Tinted Face Powder -- gorgeous! If I wear it alone, it's like my natural blush, but kicked up a notch.

I also have the Summer Tan and the dark plum color (I forget it's name???), but Blushed Rose wins, hands down.