October 31, 2014 | 887 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Came across this powder while surfing the boards and I'm so thankful for finding it! I have some redness in my face and this provides excellent coverage without looking cakey. I use the e.l.f. big kabuki brush to dust it on over my foundation. Perfect for touch ups thru the day. Plan to try it as my foundation soon I love it so well. Exceeds most high end powders, a must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product!!!!!!! If physicians formula ever changes it or discontinues this powder I would be LOST completely and totally and utterly LOST!

This powder is very light, you cant feel it on your face at all! It hides large pores and it corrects skin tone and it has never ever irritated or clogged my skin (I have acne prone skin with redness)! I use this as a foundation because its quick and easy. You can apply it with a brush, a sponge or a puff what ever you want!

I use this in the "transparent" shade and it still really does add a light coverage but its a perfect color match for my skin tone (im NC15 in mac).

Ive used this powder for years (at least 5 years). Its always my go-to.. I keep one in my bathroom and one in my purse for touch ups! It also lasts forever (if I run it all the way down it probably lasts a whole year or longer but I get antsy and tend to switch them out before the pan is totally gone). I recommend this product 100%!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by EmiBoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I did Not expect to like this product. At all.
To begin, I have extremely acne prone, semi-oily skin that has big pores. I have been using Revlon Colorstay to cover my acne scarring and pimples but decided i should try somrthing a little more natural and let my skin breathe by just using a powder on the days im not going anywhere.
Love this powder. In my opinion it is even better than Jane Iredale.
PROS:
-Vey smooth, silky finish
-Not cakey looking (when blended well)
-Mostly naturally derived ingredients
-Does not aggrivate my acne prone skin
-Evens out complexion very well
CONS
-Packaging is a little odd (mirror is underneathe and is very awkward for application)
-Powder can shatter easily
-Can be a bit messy (powder will fly everywhere if you swirl a brush in it)

HOW I GET MY FLAWLESS LOOK:
-Start with moisturizer and primer
-Conceal any areas of redness/blemishes/scarring/dark circles w/liquid concealer
-Press flat top blending brush into face powder and buff it into skin in upward circular motions
-Wait 15 minutes between building up coverage

BEAUTIFUL! Will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, reddish undertones.

Went w/ Creamy Natural (Buff Beige was TAD too dark but would be good if your foundation is too light). The powder is disturbingly soft, so I figure it's closer to loose powder then. ;) Because I never carry a mirror, I actually like the packaging includes one for me, and I place a flat round cotton pad under the brush. That way each time I wash the brush (no, it's not wonderful but that's life), I also can replace w/ a new cotton pad to keep things a bit more bacteria free for my acne prone skin.

Will carry this in my purse for moving about and touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great. It looks really natural, never cakey, even if you layer it on during the day. I live in hot humid weather, no make-up is a miracle worker under these conditions, so I like a powder I can reapply several times a day, and STILL look like i'm not wearing powder - this is it. Gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love to use this as a powder foundation, after moisturizer and primer it makes my skin look healthy and covers up redness and minor blemishes, and it feels so nice on my skin. It never breaks me out and it sets my liquid foundation pretty good too.

The only issue I have is that in the summer I cannot use this because i get really tan and there is no suitable shade for me( the bronzers look orange on me so those are out of the question), and once you hit pan its only a matter of time until the product crumbles, I just transfer it to a different container after that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For one, hate the packaging. I didn't think it'd be as bad as people say it is, but it sucks! So big, bulky, and flimsy. I just tried this powder out this morning, about 2 hours ago and can't believe it. It looked fine going on, though it made a bit of a mess being so fine and all. Seemed to match my skintone (I got Translucent Light because I'm quite pale) Then, just went to check in the mirror before heading out and my face is freaking orange-ish like I've been tanned!!! I checked the package and the exp date is fine so?! In a hurry, I just patted on more powder, my Revlon CS in translucent, to tone it down. My face was also already oily, like very oily everywhere. Very upset at this powder. Hopefully it will be okay for the sumemr when I DO have a tan. I also bought another PF powder, non mineral, and will see how that works out later.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wowwwwwwwwwzerzzzz! best mineral makeup everrrr! ive tried quite a few but nothing compares to this!

PROS:
-absorbs oil very well
-A mineral makeup that actually stays put
-coverage is amazing for a mineral foundation
-get a lot of compliments when using this product
-Does not oxidize
-Contains a form of s p f or titanium dioxide
-has a beautiful semi matte finish
-packaging is convenient and sleek

CONS:
-tends to separate and oily areas
-frequent touch ups but I don't mind

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by brittnirae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this last night, and I was so happy with the results. I have acne prone skin, and I've never felt comfortable putting liquids on my skin for fear of getting even more acne so I always stick with powder. After reading on the box that is didn't clog pores and was hypoallergenic, it was a win for me. After trying it today, I noticed it did make my face a little powdery which made me worried. But when I got to school, I checked in the mirror and it lost that and looked really natural. Throughout the day, it looked like I wasn't wearing make-up at all. I'm also pale, and the light shade matched my skin tone good. I bought this in the Physicians Formula's Flawless Complexion Kit so I got the mineral veil and blush as well. The only thing I don't like is the brush that comes under the foundation and blush. I don't think that brush is that functional, and instead of having the brush and mirror under the compact, I wish there was more product. But I'm being nit-picky! If you have acne-prone skin, you should definitely try this. I'm so happy I actually found a foundation I can stick to!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by nemartor

I have been using this powder in Creamy Natural since I was seventeen and I am now twenty-one. I can honestly say this product has gotten me through my many skin ups and downs. Over the years, I have gone from struggling with acne, to having near-perfect skin, to struggling with a bit of acne again. This product has made these fluctuations not seem so detrimental. As a powder, the product offers pretty awesome coverage. I am not a fan of liquid foundations or concealers, mainly because I'm terribly at applying them and I tend to hate the feel of liquid on my face. This powder acts as a medium foundation and is so easy to apply. I have pretty oily skin, but when I wear this powder I don't have to blot nearly as often... hmm... I guess the one thing I can say about this foundation is that upon initial application, it can look kind of powdery (given, I really do use this as my foundation and rely on it to cover everything like redness and blemishes so I probably am guilty of using too much), but after about an hour when some natural oils build a bit, it looks like your skin. I literally feel like I'm not wearing makeup after an hour and trick myself into thinking I have perfect (or almost perfect) skin. I'd say, if you are someone who is not a makeup artist and does not enjoy liquids or feeling super made up, give this a try. It's easy to find and apply so there really is no harm. O AND THIS WILL NOT BREAK YOU OUT. I have such sensitive skin, but I use this practically daily and I have never had any problems.