November 29, 2014 | 1010 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm on the fence about this. It doesn't do exactly what I want it to.
Pros:
-Sheer coverage that evens out skin tone
-Lasts all day (my oil barely peeks through at the end of the day just giving this a dewy finish instead of the matte it starts out being)
-Does not break out my acne-prone skin
-Does not transfer onto clothing (big Pro for me)

Cons:
-Does not cover large pores
-Does not cover redness
-need to use a different applicator (that little brush does not work with this)
-use a light hand too heavy of a hand can make this look cakey/powdery
-Settles into fine lines (I have very fine "marionette" lines by my mouth and this settles into them and makes them more obvious)

Since I'm just waking up and having a coffee, I'll add more to the list. I have to say that it's an okay powder over all. I just wish it'd cover a bit more. I'm still trying to find a decent concealer that works with me (most cake). So with that being said I'm leaving my overall at a 4 with a "yes" for re-buying. I haven't found a single face product to use as a foundation that won't transfer onto white. This is it. For those who want oil control this is fantastic and if you want to be completely matte all day you will need to touch up once (or maybe twice if you're extremely oily).
4/14/12 update: I've since tucked this away. It's not a bad powder but I hate that it settles into fine lines and doesn't cover redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay I edited this review because my other review just did not give this product justice. I just want to state that I have very sensitive pale (assuming NW 5-10) combo skin. It's very clog prone and picky.

For the positives this powder has never broken me out, it provides decent coverage. I have some clogs on my forehead and it almost blurs them out. This powder probably lasts ~5 hours without touch up and touching up on slightly oily skin is great, it seems like it blends a bit better.

The only few bad things about this product are that the compact is a bit bulky, the powder is a bit powdery (dusty, my dresser gets a bit on it - also means the powder can get cakey if you pile it on) and that I can't wear it in the winter because it's a bit orange. I have to brush at the paler part of the powder and hope for the best, if not I look awful.

Now that it's summer I am so happy that can wear this again. I just wish PF would put out a paper white shade or something. So if you have 'normal' colour skin... that doesn't look like snow, give this powder a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Came across this powder while surfing the boards and I'm so thankful for finding it! I have some redness in my face and this provides excellent coverage without looking cakey. I use the e.l.f. big kabuki brush to dust it on over my foundation. Perfect for touch ups thru the day. Plan to try it as my foundation soon I love it so well. Exceeds most high end powders, a must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product!!!!!!! If physicians formula ever changes it or discontinues this powder I would be LOST completely and totally and utterly LOST!

This powder is very light, you cant feel it on your face at all! It hides large pores and it corrects skin tone and it has never ever irritated or clogged my skin (I have acne prone skin with redness)! I use this as a foundation because its quick and easy. You can apply it with a brush, a sponge or a puff what ever you want!

I use this in the "transparent" shade and it still really does add a light coverage but its a perfect color match for my skin tone (im NC15 in mac).

Ive used this powder for years (at least 5 years). Its always my go-to.. I keep one in my bathroom and one in my purse for touch ups! It also lasts forever (if I run it all the way down it probably lasts a whole year or longer but I get antsy and tend to switch them out before the pan is totally gone). I recommend this product 100%!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by EmiBoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I did Not expect to like this product. At all.
To begin, I have extremely acne prone, semi-oily skin that has big pores. I have been using Revlon Colorstay to cover my acne scarring and pimples but decided i should try somrthing a little more natural and let my skin breathe by just using a powder on the days im not going anywhere.
Love this powder. In my opinion it is even better than Jane Iredale.
PROS:
-Vey smooth, silky finish
-Not cakey looking (when blended well)
-Mostly naturally derived ingredients
-Does not aggrivate my acne prone skin
-Evens out complexion very well
CONS
-Packaging is a little odd (mirror is underneathe and is very awkward for application)
-Powder can shatter easily
-Can be a bit messy (powder will fly everywhere if you swirl a brush in it)

HOW I GET MY FLAWLESS LOOK:
-Start with moisturizer and primer
-Conceal any areas of redness/blemishes/scarring/dark circles w/liquid concealer
-Press flat top blending brush into face powder and buff it into skin in upward circular motions
-Wait 15 minutes between building up coverage

BEAUTIFUL! Will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, reddish undertones.

Went w/ Creamy Natural (Buff Beige was TAD too dark but would be good if your foundation is too light). The powder is disturbingly soft, so I figure it's closer to loose powder then. ;) Because I never carry a mirror, I actually like the packaging includes one for me, and I place a flat round cotton pad under the brush. That way each time I wash the brush (no, it's not wonderful but that's life), I also can replace w/ a new cotton pad to keep things a bit more bacteria free for my acne prone skin.

Will carry this in my purse for moving about and touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great. It looks really natural, never cakey, even if you layer it on during the day. I live in hot humid weather, no make-up is a miracle worker under these conditions, so I like a powder I can reapply several times a day, and STILL look like i'm not wearing powder - this is it. Gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love to use this as a powder foundation, after moisturizer and primer it makes my skin look healthy and covers up redness and minor blemishes, and it feels so nice on my skin. It never breaks me out and it sets my liquid foundation pretty good too.

The only issue I have is that in the summer I cannot use this because i get really tan and there is no suitable shade for me( the bronzers look orange on me so those are out of the question), and once you hit pan its only a matter of time until the product crumbles, I just transfer it to a different container after that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For one, hate the packaging. I didn't think it'd be as bad as people say it is, but it sucks! So big, bulky, and flimsy. I just tried this powder out this morning, about 2 hours ago and can't believe it. It looked fine going on, though it made a bit of a mess being so fine and all. Seemed to match my skintone (I got Translucent Light because I'm quite pale) Then, just went to check in the mirror before heading out and my face is freaking orange-ish like I've been tanned!!! I checked the package and the exp date is fine so?! In a hurry, I just patted on more powder, my Revlon CS in translucent, to tone it down. My face was also already oily, like very oily everywhere. Very upset at this powder. Hopefully it will be okay for the sumemr when I DO have a tan. I also bought another PF powder, non mineral, and will see how that works out later.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wowwwwwwwwwzerzzzz! best mineral makeup everrrr! ive tried quite a few but nothing compares to this!

PROS:
-absorbs oil very well
-A mineral makeup that actually stays put
-coverage is amazing for a mineral foundation
-get a lot of compliments when using this product
-Does not oxidize
-Contains a form of s p f or titanium dioxide
-has a beautiful semi matte finish
-packaging is convenient and sleek

CONS:
-tends to separate and oily areas
-frequent touch ups but I don't mind