July 31, 2014 | 1758 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by tinachen0401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I liked most things about this product: fragrance, price, texture. A little went a long way and for the first week made my skin look really good. After that, it gave me horrid cystic acne! I've had such breakouts before but it was not this bad. I'm sure what happened, but I know the lotion made it 10x worse because it was the only lotion I was using on my face. (I was testing products one by one.) I'm still recovering from the acne..and it is really painful.

If you don't have a problem with breakouts and enjoy a rich comforting moisturizer, than this is fine for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2007 3:30:00 PM More reviews by mitulove

I really think lush need to reconsider their facial lotions line. All of the ones intended for daytime use should have proper sunscreen, in my opinion. The formulations are just odd as well. This one in particular was insubstantial, applies strangely, didn't settle right, didn't wear well under make-up. The ingredient lists are very zen, I'll give them that, but skin care does also need to benefit from state-of-the-art ingredients that maybe don't sound as 'organic' as vanilla and chamomile and such.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Dranaan

I am totally onboard with this moisturizer. My skin was suffering badly from adult onset acne, and the prescription creams were MURDER on my face--far too strong and drying. I was at a loss and did not know what to do, when a friend suggested I try LUSH. My skin has never looked better. I use Imperialis as my night cream--it's soothing both in texture and scent, and it's even creamy enough for my very dry undereye area. I only need to use a tiny bit to cover my whole face and I wake up feeling moisturized but not greasy. No breakout problems. My dry patches are clearing up and my oily spots are considerably less oily. I love this product--I wish they made a huge one so I could use it on my body too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by GidgetGirl

I have combo skin and I found it to be a great help. I'm going on a sample here and the sample alone lasted me around 3 weeks (using it once a day, in the mornings). I found it hydrated my skin without making it shiny or oily. I didn't break out like some of the other reviewers either. I think the key is also how much and how often you use a product. I found when I was a bit oiler I used it less, and when I was a bit dehydrated especially these days in winter, I used it every day. I also finally took the SA's advice and only used a dot of the product (using my pointer finger) which suprisingly covered my whole face, made the product last longer and didn't result in a horrible greasy feeling like has happened in the past with other moisturisers. Definitely going back for the full version with my 10% off voucher. In summary - great value for money, great for my combo skin, not too greasy, and totally chemical free. Lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kk

I really really wanted to love this product. I love LUSH and what they stand for.

However...

This product was terrible. It broke me out badly after a few days and left red pimples all over my cheeks. I have never broken out like that ever.

I stopped using it and went back to my L'oreal moisturiser.

Thank goodness my skin is almost back to normal.

I will be taking it back to LUSH to change it for something else that does not break me in pimples!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Unless your trying to walk around like a Pizza Face avoid at all cost Ladies. Pleeeassse for the sake of your skin.

PIMPLE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by caramelhunie

I love LUSH but my experience with this product was horrible. I haven't had a breakout this bad ever! I would have never thought this was the culprit. I use this moisturizer at night and by the morning a new huge cystic type zit would appear. I thought it was my foundation or something else causing my breakouts but every morning another huge zit kept popping up. I even stopped wearing foundation and the zits kept on coming. My forehead has 6 huge zits on it and my cheeks have a bunch of smaller zits. Since then I've completely eliminated this moisturizer and switched back to Dove and my skin is getting better. And no new giant zits in the morning. I hate to waste so I'm now using this as a moisturizer for my neck.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by smartypants21

My skin was going through a dry/worn-out phase while I was on Proactiv so I bought this moisturizer which is for combo skin. I love Lush products but this is the first moisturize I have tried from them. Imperialis comes in a cute pot like most Lush products and the texture is a liquidy-cream. It smells like herbs and flowers, very pleasant and it does moisturize very very well. It has calamine in it which is supposed to be soothing but I have applied this to slightly sore skin before and it did sting so be careful! Right now, I use a drop of this and a drop of foundation to make a really great tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LUSH's "Imperialis" is a regal moisturizer - it's difficult for me to describe how comfortable and happy this cream makes my skin feel, I had been always advised to stay away from products containing oils due to my oily-combination skin. "Oils", they said, "will break you out. Purchase oil-free products". LUSH's products taught me that oil itself is not my enemy, "Imperialis" was a gamble which eventually made a positive impact on the way my skin behaves and feels. "Imperialis" is my night cream, which I apply after LUSH's "Coal Face" and Clinique's Clarifying Toner 3. The scent of the moisturizer is wonderful and fragrant for bedtime, a fresh, yet warm floral mixture of lavender and citrus blossom. My skin isn't any less oily after using "Imperialis" routinely, but I wasn't expecting it to work magic. The cream nourishes my skin, makes it feel wonderful, and gets rid of the dry patches which the winter sometimes brings. Together with the rest of my skincare routine, my facial skin looks clearer and simply happier. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have difficult oily-yet-sensitive skin which is the product of my Italian-Irish heritage. Although I've been using LUSH body and hair products for years, as well as some LUSH skincare (Coalface, Ocean Salt, Cupcake, Love Lettuce), I've avoided the moisturizers. However, I've finally tried Imperialis, and I'm glad that I did! It smells like orange blossoms, it feels like thick whipped cream, and amazingly enough, it hasn't given me any breakouts. I'm using it as an overnight treatment (since I prefer a lighter moisturizer with SPF during the day). I've only been using it for a week, but I do feel like it gives me smoother, glowier skin the next morning. I'll update if I experience any negative reactions!