April 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kk

I really really wanted to love this product. I love LUSH and what they stand for.

However...

This product was terrible. It broke me out badly after a few days and left red pimples all over my cheeks. I have never broken out like that ever.

I stopped using it and went back to my L'oreal moisturiser.

Thank goodness my skin is almost back to normal.

I will be taking it back to LUSH to change it for something else that does not break me in pimples!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Unless your trying to walk around like a Pizza Face avoid at all cost Ladies. Pleeeassse for the sake of your skin.

PIMPLE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by caramelhunie

I love LUSH but my experience with this product was horrible. I haven't had a breakout this bad ever! I would have never thought this was the culprit. I use this moisturizer at night and by the morning a new huge cystic type zit would appear. I thought it was my foundation or something else causing my breakouts but every morning another huge zit kept popping up. I even stopped wearing foundation and the zits kept on coming. My forehead has 6 huge zits on it and my cheeks have a bunch of smaller zits. Since then I've completely eliminated this moisturizer and switched back to Dove and my skin is getting better. And no new giant zits in the morning. I hate to waste so I'm now using this as a moisturizer for my neck.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by smartypants21

My skin was going through a dry/worn-out phase while I was on Proactiv so I bought this moisturizer which is for combo skin. I love Lush products but this is the first moisturize I have tried from them. Imperialis comes in a cute pot like most Lush products and the texture is a liquidy-cream. It smells like herbs and flowers, very pleasant and it does moisturize very very well. It has calamine in it which is supposed to be soothing but I have applied this to slightly sore skin before and it did sting so be careful! Right now, I use a drop of this and a drop of foundation to make a really great tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LUSH's "Imperialis" is a regal moisturizer - it's difficult for me to describe how comfortable and happy this cream makes my skin feel, I had been always advised to stay away from products containing oils due to my oily-combination skin. "Oils", they said, "will break you out. Purchase oil-free products". LUSH's products taught me that oil itself is not my enemy, "Imperialis" was a gamble which eventually made a positive impact on the way my skin behaves and feels. "Imperialis" is my night cream, which I apply after LUSH's "Coal Face" and Clinique's Clarifying Toner 3. The scent of the moisturizer is wonderful and fragrant for bedtime, a fresh, yet warm floral mixture of lavender and citrus blossom. My skin isn't any less oily after using "Imperialis" routinely, but I wasn't expecting it to work magic. The cream nourishes my skin, makes it feel wonderful, and gets rid of the dry patches which the winter sometimes brings. Together with the rest of my skincare routine, my facial skin looks clearer and simply happier. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have difficult oily-yet-sensitive skin which is the product of my Italian-Irish heritage. Although I've been using LUSH body and hair products for years, as well as some LUSH skincare (Coalface, Ocean Salt, Cupcake, Love Lettuce), I've avoided the moisturizers. However, I've finally tried Imperialis, and I'm glad that I did! It smells like orange blossoms, it feels like thick whipped cream, and amazingly enough, it hasn't given me any breakouts. I'm using it as an overnight treatment (since I prefer a lighter moisturizer with SPF during the day). I've only been using it for a week, but I do feel like it gives me smoother, glowier skin the next morning. I'll update if I experience any negative reactions!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2007 5:16:00 AM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful lightweight moisturizer.. on my combination skin it absorbs easily and smells lovely.. heady orange blossoms and a touch of green tea. This moisturizer is designed to 'even out' combination skin, and for my money it's pretty good at that. I still need to blot a bit of shine off my nose and chin in the middle of the day, but far less than with other moisturizers I've tried. My one gripe is with the packaging - a cheap plastic tub with a screw-on lid. Sure, this lid screws on to the tub easier than previous LUSH versions, and is way better than the old snap-on lids they had, but I still get product in the lid threads and it dries up and gets gross and gummy and greasy and can make a mess in my purse. Also, tubs are quite unhygienic, dipping your fingers into them day in and day out... this product is not so thick that it couldn't go into a nice hygienic pump dispenser... please oh please LUSH, consider this and I'll love this product even more!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by catrat242

I was recommened this moisturizer by one of LUSH's SA's. She said it was good for my combination skin.So I bought it and put it on that night. The smell was alright,and the moisturizer was a pinkish color. You can tell just by looking at it that if you put to much on,it will leave you a slimy gross feeling. I'm not sure if I like it because its the winter and it leaves my skin moisturized,but i so far,its pretty good :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2007 5:37:00 AM More reviews by jazavac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a wonderful moisturizing lotion that it's not on the heavier side, so if you have oily skin I would recommend it. It's perfect for winter and it really does soften my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2007 3:25:00 AM More reviews by bootsvalentine

This is my go-to moisturizer for all seasons for my combo skin, will not break you out. The price is great for Lush. You might need something heavier if your skin is dry or for winter.
For now, this is my favorite.