LUSH Imperialis

3.2

: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus), Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum), St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum), Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra), Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata), Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus), Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,

on 1/3/2008 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought 2 pots of this moisturiser (It was a special offer after Christmas) as I adore Lush bath products and have recently gone vegan so was keen to replace my current products with vegan ones.
I opened the first pot and was overcome with the smell. Think putrid food. I was sure it had smelled ok in the store so I opened the 2nd pot and although it isn't quite as bad it was still faintly off smelling.
I wanted to give them a chance so tried the least offending tub for 2 days only to break out in spots on both cheeks (I haven't even suffered from this as a teen!!!)
I also got another moisturiser in the deal which is grainy as if it hasn't been mixed properly. I'm not sure if it's the quality control or just the batches went off but it really wasn't right.
Soooo let down in Lush.

on 12/3/2007 1:56:00 PM

I wasn't sure whether this would cause me to break out as it has so many natural oils in it. I also thought that it might be greasy & sticky like almond kisses.

Luckily this has been fine! It's great for my combo skin after using fresh farmacy cleanser. It's winter right now & this moisturiser keeps my combo skin moisturised without leaving it shiny. fab.
I will update this review later if after using it for longer I notice any break outs!

5stars*****

on 11/12/2007 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have major issues finding a lotion for my face that doesn't clog my skin, and make me break out! This is awsome!! I have never broke out from it.

I had to use a different lotion this past weekend cuz it was all I had with me... and now have about 10 huge pimples!! Ack!

The container for this could be better. I would rather see it in a bottle. I hate having to travel with this. For the cost, I hate to lose any of it!!

on 9/25/2007 7:39:00 AM

Imperialis is my HG moisturizer. There was certainly an adjustment period when I switched from my old standby, Olay Complete, but I persisted and now have glowy skin with only the occasional breakout. My skin seemed to change overnight from oily to mostly dry once I turned 26, and Imperialis is perfect for my new skin needs. It is very soothing, especially after a good scrub with Ocean Salt. I personally like the scent, which smells faintly of roses to my nose. The cost may seem exorbitant to some (it certainly did to me) but my first tub lasted over 6 months. A dab will do ya, seriously. My Bare Minerals goes over this like a dream, as long as I let it sink in for 15 minutes or so. I use Imperialis day and night.

on 8/27/2007 7:39:00 PM

I liked most things about this product: fragrance, price, texture. A little went a long way and for the first week made my skin look really good. After that, it gave me horrid cystic acne! I've had such breakouts before but it was not this bad. I'm sure what happened, but I know the lotion made it 10x worse because it was the only lotion I was using on my face. (I was testing products one by one.) I'm still recovering from the acne..and it is really painful.

If you don't have a problem with breakouts and enjoy a rich comforting moisturizer, than this is fine for you.

on 8/24/2007 3:30:00 PM

I really think lush need to reconsider their facial lotions line. All of the ones intended for daytime use should have proper sunscreen, in my opinion. The formulations are just odd as well. This one in particular was insubstantial, applies strangely, didn't settle right, didn't wear well under make-up. The ingredient lists are very zen, I'll give them that, but skin care does also need to benefit from state-of-the-art ingredients that maybe don't sound as 'organic' as vanilla and chamomile and such.

on 8/17/2007 10:57:00 AM

I am totally onboard with this moisturizer. My skin was suffering badly from adult onset acne, and the prescription creams were MURDER on my face--far too strong and drying. I was at a loss and did not know what to do, when a friend suggested I try LUSH. My skin has never looked better. I use Imperialis as my night cream--it's soothing both in texture and scent, and it's even creamy enough for my very dry undereye area. I only need to use a tiny bit to cover my whole face and I wake up feeling moisturized but not greasy. No breakout problems. My dry patches are clearing up and my oily spots are considerably less oily. I love this product--I wish they made a huge one so I could use it on my body too!

on 7/27/2007 12:33:00 AM

I have combo skin and I found it to be a great help. I'm going on a sample here and the sample alone lasted me around 3 weeks (using it once a day, in the mornings). I found it hydrated my skin without making it shiny or oily. I didn't break out like some of the other reviewers either. I think the key is also how much and how often you use a product. I found when I was a bit oiler I used it less, and when I was a bit dehydrated especially these days in winter, I used it every day. I also finally took the SA's advice and only used a dot of the product (using my pointer finger) which suprisingly covered my whole face, made the product last longer and didn't result in a horrible greasy feeling like has happened in the past with other moisturisers. Definitely going back for the full version with my 10% off voucher. In summary - great value for money, great for my combo skin, not too greasy, and totally chemical free. Lovely.

on 7/11/2007 11:12:00 PM

I really really wanted to love this product. I love LUSH and what they stand for.

However...

This product was terrible. It broke me out badly after a few days and left red pimples all over my cheeks. I have never broken out like that ever.

I stopped using it and went back to my L'oreal moisturiser.

Thank goodness my skin is almost back to normal.

I will be taking it back to LUSH to change it for something else that does not break me in pimples!

on 7/8/2007 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Unless your trying to walk around like a Pizza Face avoid at all cost Ladies. Pleeeassse for the sake of your skin.

PIMPLE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!