MAC Please Me

4.2

on 7/7/2011 9:22:00 PM

I personally have come to LOVE this lipstick! I was really afraid to buy neutral lipsticks as I have always been more of a fan of the hot pink or red lips! But this one has really grown on me! I love wearing it especially when I have my eyes popping and want all the attention on them! I love wearing it with Docile lipglass on top! Great buy and I would definitely buy it again!!

on 7/6/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My perfect pink! I've been looking for a nice natural pink that would make my lips pop just a tiny tiny bit. I tried Speed Dial but that was way too bright for me. Creme Cup was way too light on me. Snob looked so tacky. And Pink Nouveau was too bright. I was finally recommended Please Me a month ago, and it is GORGEOUS! (I'm NW25 btw). The color is a cool Barbie pink but it would work on all skin tones. It's somwhat more muted than Speed Dial but the shade of pink is pretty similar. It's my first matte lipstick and I don't find it to be drying at all. Love pairing this with Instant Gold Lustreglass.

on 4/7/2011 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a great neutral pink with no blue undertones, more of a warm pink. It is a matte so it can be a bit drying so it's good to put on some lip balm under first or top it with a lip gloss. Looks good on my NC 35 skin i have warm golden undertones for reference. First mac matte lipstick that I own. Overall no compaints beautiful colour will buy again.

on 3/22/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this color. I really love the matte feel. Some bright pinks i really don't like, but I thought this was really nice.

I find it really hard to find great lip colours, so once i find a few i tend to just stick with them and not look elsewhere. Im nc30-35 light tan, brown hair, blue eyes, and this is a great colour on me. My HG is Angel after putting a little foundation on my lips first, with a slight layer of st germain over it...i love the nude pink kim k lip look. I dont like any medium or dark lips, and ill occasionally do a bright coral lip with loadsa gloss if im going to a club. This l/s is brighter and more pinkier than angel, but equally as great! Lasts a long time, is matte, and again i put foundation on my lips first (my lips are very red naturally which i HATE so no lipsticks really show up well unless i put foundation over my lips first!) On me, this is a vibrant medium rose pink, very natural, and it being matte makes it more natural...i actually wear this to the gym :) I think i have tried almost all mac l/s through the years and have only stuck with please me, angel, st germain, shygirl and freckletone and gingeroot lipliner :)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick. Perfect finish for me because I have big lips and I find gloss is "too much" on me. It's a gorgeous pink shade but not too obvious. Goes great with any eye makeup in my opinion. I'm quite pale and this works, and it's really hard for me to find a good pink lipstick that suits me .

on 12/16/2010 6:43:00 PM

Perfect, gorgeous warm toned pink. Looks great on my NC15-20 skin. I've tried other pinks but so far I hadn't found one that wasn't too purple, too light or too dramatic. This is a just right kind of shade. The formula might be a drawback for some people, since the word "matte" might make you think that it's drying, but really, I find that satin lipsticks are more drying on my lips, and matte looks more natural and wearable than say, frost (I'm looking at you, Angel). All in all, a very good lipstick. Recommended.

on 11/25/2010 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I find this to be a bolder version of Angel on my lips. On me, it's beautiful pale pink colour. Not as cool toned as the Gaga one, and more wearable than the YSL Lingerie Pink which I soo wanted to work on me. I have a medium deep olive complexion (C40) and this really compliments my skintone as it does brighten up my face a lot. Its quite bold - you can layer it for a more dramatic look, but I actually think it looks so much better when it's blended into my natural lipcolour with some chapstick. It is still vibrant, but just more softer and not too garish. I don't find this warm toned at all on me, and it looks pretty similar to the 2nd/3rd pic there. I think if you are medium-dark this would come off more of a pale baby pink colour. I don't think it looks the same on fairer skintones. It's wayy more long lasting than Angel which was a little too sheer (almost invisible on me). I don't find the dryness a problem as I like to mix it with my chapstick anyway for that softer look. I wore it for the first time yesterday at work and receiveda few of compliments. So far so good!

on 11/14/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love me a pale pink lip, but this just ain't cuttin' it for me. This shows up on my lips the same colour as the swatch in the first picture. It's like a muted rose with a very slight hint of brown. Kinda meh for me.

on 10/22/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I thought this greyish pink lipstick would look good on me. However, it makes my light olive skin look dull and sallow. It's not cool toned, but I don't know why it looks so bad. Ugh ... $18.50 down the toilet. Lastly, I prefer the Revlon Matte finish better.

Video Reviews & Tutorials