July 23, 2014 | 2132 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ghosty

Yucky uneven orange red shades and it changes color every time you sweep at it. It reminds me of BWC powder with it's unrealistic colors and bad texture. I threw this away fast. I like the elf studio nail polish remover pads but honestly this brand has a lot of junk products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by ShebbysArtsyMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product, I bought this before and it works great, it doesn't cake, it's great for touch ups, and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It doesn't have any coverage so I use this over my liquid foundation. I have really oily and acne prone skin, so it's a plus that it have blemish fighting properties and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I don't like the packaging quality because it's a bit too small, but its great for purses, and the powder puff are easy to rip. I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

got this in spice and i love it! i am once again shock with another elf product. gives me a nice matte look i don't wear much makeup so this is perfect. for me. sucks it comes with out a mirror but i brought thier compact that i really like and it a pretty color but is a keeper for me. my mom who hates makeup period even fell in love with this powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by automaticflowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

The only redeeming quality of this powder was that it's $1. My skin is dry combination, yet somehow when I used this my face was like an oil slick for the rest of the day. I don't even know how that could happen. Terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by CuteMakeupUser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes people..this stuff is orange. But really if you rub it in it leaves a super nice color and matches tannner skin tones easily! And its only a buck! Wow! Im gonna buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by biancaymark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG...I guess I am one of the lucky ones...because my friend hated it, I love this product...I wear it quite often and get compliments all the time...perfect for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by aly303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really love this product! its only $1 and is just as good as any other $10 powder. i use this over my foundation to keep it put all day and i love it! i apply it with my elf kabuki brush or any blush brush. despite what some people are saying, its not orange. my one complaint, the packaging breaks easily. the flip cover broke off and once i had hit pan, i dropped it and it became powder. just be careful with these. great product1 you wont be dissappointed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by aharb013

I love this powder! I love the super smooth finish it gives my skin, and I was surprised that it actually has a bit of coverage. I bought it in light beige and it is a tad dark but works for me in the summer. I hasn't helped reduce the blemishes on my face, but I don't think it has made them worse either. I like this better than the studio line pressed powder too (but will buy that one as well b/c the porcelain shade matches me better). I will definitely repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in honey and light beige. Holy E.L.F! this is only $1. Honey is the perfect match for skintone which is quite rare. I got the light beige for winter. I got this at target. elf cosmetics is only at some target stores.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ok, gotta make a comment on some reviews here first. It's not false advertising that they say it is clarifying. This powder has zinc in it, which is known to help treat acne and control oil. The mineral oil is what makes the powder feel so silky and smooth when you apply it. Mineral oil by itself in small amounts is not going to break most people out. It's non-comedogenic. It's one of the natural oils that is capable of restoring wood. The idea that oil makes you break out is a MYTH perpetuated by the skin care companies. Your skin needs oil. Oil is part of what protects it.

Ok, on to my review. I really like this powder. It's light, smooth, and mattifies very naturally, although those who like a super matte look may be disappointed. I haven't had any issues with it breaking me out so far and I don't use any acne products (or cleansers even for that matter). I have very sensitive skin and this powder has done a lot better on not irritating it than most have. I also love how well the Apricot Beige shade blends in with my light olive skin tone. The powder puff is crap - I may use it on the go to touch up but for the main application I use a horse hair powder brush. I also wish the compact came with a built in mirror, but then E.L.F. probably wouldn't sell as many of their stand alone compact mirrors. ;)

Overall this is a very nice, basic face powder. I would recommend it for normal to dry skin and sensitive skin.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No