Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.1

on 6/9/2006 1:43:00 PM

This would be ideal if I was going to the prom.

on 4/25/2006 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have the bronze, which I adore. As an NC35 I get a lovely glow and I use it every day. I got the rose so that I'm not stuck with earth tones on my face all the time. This seems to have more pigment than the bronze and not quite as much shimmer. It does leave a lovely, sheer rosey glow behind. The shimmer bricks are NOT meant to be used as blush. They are meant to be layered over blush or as a super sheer wash of color/ sheen. A light hand is a must. I have yet to try this as an eyeshadow, but the rose hues are so pretty I may just start wearing eyeshadow when I go out at night. As with the other SBs, the lightest color is excellent to dab at the corners of the eyes to make you look more awake. I would clearly repurchase, but I can't imagine ever using it up.

on 3/26/2006 10:21:00 AM

I bought this to use as eyeshadow because the Bronze Shimmerbrick has been so great. Love the colors - makes my lids very pretty. I had originally tried the Pink Shimmerbrick, but the colors were way too light and purple. Rose is perfect for me.

on 3/22/2006 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This looks beautiful in the compact, but in practice it is useless on me. It lacks pigment. I tried it as a blush and it looked *greasy* with a hint of pink that looked dirty and muddy, like I had some skin problem. I tried it as an eyeshadow and it looked greasy as well, while depositing little colour. The texture is nice, but this looks like cheap makeup on. Tacky.

on 3/20/2006 1:55:00 AM

i used up about a quarter of it, and it's great. I like to use it on top of blushes

on 2/21/2006 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am a PPP and had a hard time getting this to show up as more than a highlighter. I feel that the lack of pigmentation of this product does not make it worth owning. I have found other products - especially Clinique's Shimmering Powders - to work and last much better.

on 2/12/2006 3:49:00 AM

i've had a love hate affair with the bobbi brown shimmerbricks. i've tried several (pink, beige, rose) at various points in my life and each time i tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.

rose is undoubtedly the best of the three i've tried. the pink one was basically pure shimmer on me.... the beige was slightly better but still too much shimmer...

i was able to actually use the rose as a blush as it does have some pigmentation unlike the pink.... but at the end of the day, the shimmer was just still too much for me to take

so unless you're really into shimmer / want to use this as a highlighter on top of existing blushers... i think, this is just too much money for shimmer :x

well, i gave into the hype and bought this. i must say its lovely! this gives off the most gorgeous shimmery rose glow! works great as es too! the texture is satin'y and smooth-so great! the shimmer stays put and doesnt migrate. as much as my pocketbook will hate it, i must have some more colors!

on 1/10/2006 2:48:00 AM

I had been hardcore lemming for this ever since it came out eons and eons ago, but I had always resisted the temptation of snatching it up every time I passed by the Bobbi Brown counter because really, did I honestly need another blush amidst my a dozen MAC and NARS blushes? Well I finally treated myself and I canít decide whether or not that was the wisest decision. I hate being the voice of dissent here, but whenever Iíve used this as a blush, the heavy shimmer content prevents the blush from looking like itís coming from within. My cheeks have a very visible pink, psychedelic sheen and in sunlight Ė whoah, watch out kiddies! I mean donít get me wrong, I can totally see this working for going out at night, but I just donít think itís going to be part of my everyday make up wardrobe. It is drastically different than Pink Shimmer Brick, which is the faintest whitish pink on my cheekbones where is this is visibly ďrosier.Ē I have no idea whether or not this is eye-safe, but I doubt Iíll look too attractive with it upon my eyelids. This is definitely my least favorite Shimmer Brick and while I would repurchase it again just for sakes of having it, I don't find as wonderful as the others. Great sturdy packaging though and there's enough product to last a life time!

on 12/29/2005 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely adore this product -- it has become my staple HG highlighter/blush/glam-up product! I ordered it on a whim from Gloss, and I use it to add color to my cheeks, and sometimes as a little highlight for my eyelids. It is amazing, and the rose is perfect. I'm LLL/warm and I knew the pink and apricot would look atrocious, but rose is just gorgeous. The compact itself is pretty too, sleek black plastic with the color brick inside. I know some people have complained that it's just pats of color glued together, but it wouldn't be so fabulous if they were in separate compartments. I love being able to blend the shimmer together -- I apply this with my Sephora blush brush (from the Professional Two-Tone brush set) and I look flawless. Two big thumbs up from me!!