December 18, 2014 | 1755 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by alula

I bought this to use as eyeshadow because the Bronze Shimmerbrick has been so great. Love the colors - makes my lids very pretty. I had originally tried the Pink Shimmerbrick, but the colors were way too light and purple. Rose is perfect for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks beautiful in the compact, but in practice it is useless on me. It lacks pigment. I tried it as a blush and it looked *greasy* with a hint of pink that looked dirty and muddy, like I had some skin problem. I tried it as an eyeshadow and it looked greasy as well, while depositing little colour. The texture is nice, but this looks like cheap makeup on. Tacky.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by baobao2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used up about a quarter of it, and it's great. I like to use it on top of blushes

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by absolutbuffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am a PPP and had a hard time getting this to show up as more than a highlighter. I feel that the lack of pigmentation of this product does not make it worth owning. I have found other products - especially Clinique's Shimmering Powders - to work and last much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 3:49:00 AM More reviews by piggiejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've had a love hate affair with the bobbi brown shimmerbricks. i've tried several (pink, beige, rose) at various points in my life and each time i tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.

rose is undoubtedly the best of the three i've tried. the pink one was basically pure shimmer on me.... the beige was slightly better but still too much shimmer...

i was able to actually use the rose as a blush as it does have some pigmentation unlike the pink.... but at the end of the day, the shimmer was just still too much for me to take

so unless you're really into shimmer / want to use this as a highlighter on top of existing blushers... i think, this is just too much money for shimmer :x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by skippy_gayle

well, i gave into the hype and bought this. i must say its lovely! this gives off the most gorgeous shimmery rose glow! works great as es too! the texture is satin'y and smooth-so great! the shimmer stays put and doesnt migrate. as much as my pocketbook will hate it, i must have some more colors!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2006 2:48:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been hardcore lemming for this ever since it came out eons and eons ago, but I had always resisted the temptation of snatching it up every time I passed by the Bobbi Brown counter because really, did I honestly need another blush amidst my a dozen MAC and NARS blushes? Well I finally treated myself and I canít decide whether or not that was the wisest decision. I hate being the voice of dissent here, but whenever Iíve used this as a blush, the heavy shimmer content prevents the blush from looking like itís coming from within. My cheeks have a very visible pink, psychedelic sheen and in sunlight Ė whoah, watch out kiddies! I mean donít get me wrong, I can totally see this working for going out at night, but I just donít think itís going to be part of my everyday make up wardrobe. It is drastically different than Pink Shimmer Brick, which is the faintest whitish pink on my cheekbones where is this is visibly ďrosier.Ē I have no idea whether or not this is eye-safe, but I doubt Iíll look too attractive with it upon my eyelids. This is definitely my least favorite Shimmer Brick and while I would repurchase it again just for sakes of having it, I don't find as wonderful as the others. Great sturdy packaging though and there's enough product to last a life time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2005 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I absolutely adore this product -- it has become my staple HG highlighter/blush/glam-up product! I ordered it on a whim from Gloss, and I use it to add color to my cheeks, and sometimes as a little highlight for my eyelids. It is amazing, and the rose is perfect. I'm LLL/warm and I knew the pink and apricot would look atrocious, but rose is just gorgeous. The compact itself is pretty too, sleek black plastic with the color brick inside. I know some people have complained that it's just pats of color glued together, but it wouldn't be so fabulous if they were in separate compartments. I love being able to blend the shimmer together -- I apply this with my Sephora blush brush (from the Professional Two-Tone brush set) and I look flawless. Two big thumbs up from me!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2005 12:15:00 AM More reviews by vicky07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been raving about this for ages, and finally got it. When I first opened the compact, I thought it was very gorgeous. But when I applied to my cheeks. I was a little bit dispappointed, 'cos it made my blemishes stand out!!! I have combination skin and have a few dry patches on my cheeks and shimmerbrick makes my skin look even worse. This is kind of the product for those girls who have great skin. I'm an AAB and has strongly yellow-based skin, and Rose Shimmerbrick showed up as Brownish-pink(a bit like Stila Convertible Color Peony). I like using each colors as eyeshadows, and I mix the top two shades with the biggest eyeshadow brush I have and sweep it on my nose & forehead for highlighter. I think this should be a blusher rather than a highlighter since the lower shades are too dark and make one's face look dusky. If you have one already, make the best use out of it and if you don't have it and want to get one, I suggest that you borrow it from one of your friend and apply it in many different ways. Don't go to the BB counter and let the MUA apply it for you. They will make you want to buy it somehow Haha. I wish BB came up with one that has bright peach shade(you know, a pinkish-peach, not orangey), then I'll be the first there to get it! I'm going to try and layer this over my Convertible color Peony. I'll update then. :)
** UPDATE: I've tried layering this over Stila CC Peony, and it looked a bit unnatural for me, even though I didn't put that much on. One of my collegues said, "Do you feel hot in here?"

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 9:17:00 PM More reviews by nickel1702

everytime i wear this so many people comment on my skin. it just glows. and it makes me feel beautiful. i have the apricot and pink as well, but haven't tried them yet. here's hoping!