MAC #209 Eye liner

4.3

I have a number of MAC brushes and, although they are expensive, I really find they are the best professional make up brushes. I have never had a problem with a MAC brush - hairs falling out etc that you get with cheaper brands.
This is a really good eyeliner brush to get a thin line. It tapers very well to a fine point but you can also use the side effectively. I wash it after every use in soapy water and it always comes back as good as new.
I have said I would purchase again but I can'timagine that I will ever need to - unless perhaps I lose it?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i can't believe i've never reviewed this yet! well, i adore this brush, i think it is absolutely outstanding. i use it to line my eyes when i'm using gel e/l, and it works PERFECTLY for that! the best thing about this brush, imo, is that when you load up the bristles w/gel e/l the brush tapers itself to a thin point (think a "V" shape on it's side), and then you can use that point to start at the inner corner of your eye and begin your line very thin and fine, thickening it up as you go along. it draws on your liner so easily and really smoothly, and the bristles never splay out or shed. i also use it for e/s, especially when i want to draw on a thin line of e/s under my lower lashline. it works perfect for this, too. it washes clean very easily and keeps it's shape. $16.50 is quite alot for such a small brush, but it's quality and the last one i'll ever need to buy. A+!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this brush to put fluidliner on my waterline since I cant use the 266 for this purpose, it scratch my waterline.

I absolutely love this e/l brush! I use it everyday to apply MAC fluidline gel e/l. It makes it sooo easy to apply gel e/l.

This brush is just fantastic! Hands down the best e/l brush I have ever tried. No shedding or splaying and I clean it after every use. I've been using it for over a year now! I am VERY impressed. I will definitely repurchase when needed.

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

THE perfect brush for gel liners, hands down. At least for me. I have the much-raved-about 266 also and it's good too, but the 209 is easier for me to use for some reason. Overall a great little brush. No shedding or splaying, even after multiple cleanings. Definitely worth shelling out for if you're looking for a good liner brush and haven't quite found the right one yet.

I use this with my Clinique cream eyeliners and I love it. I will definitely repurchase when my brush needs replacing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, I have to say that I've been using Bobbi Brown ultra fine liner brush for my fluidlines as well as her gel liners. I like the stiffness of it but I couldn't get the line straight or fine enough. I can't use the slant tipped brushes either. I finally decided to try the MAC 209 and I'm very pleased with it so far. Used it for the first time today. If this brush splays I will be very upset and report back here. Otherwise this will be my go to brush. Wanted to try the 311 lip brush but haven't. So I don't know if that one is better...

I am surprised that the reviews of this aren't better. It has really made the fluidlines usable for me and I am an eyeshadow clutz. I have washed it quite a few times and it has not lost any hair

I hate this brush, itís the worst brush Iíve ever bought. Iíve had two, both have splayed on me. Both of my favorite MAís have this brush and itís splayed...whatís the deal? I carefully clean it every few weeks with MACís brush cleanser, watered down 1:3. In the 10 years that Iíve owned makeup brushes, Iíve never had one splay, I still use the first brush I ever bought. I bought this strictly for use with my fluidlines and while I could control it great, it's just a crappy brush, I have no idea why I bought it twice! Itís not a fine tip so if youíre going for the pin-fine liquid liner look, skip 209 and go directly to the 208. Blah! :P

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Very nice angle brush to use with gel liners, and easy to create smudged or defined looks. I use this brush instead of the one that came with Clinique's gel eyeliner; its far superior for application

Popular Makeup Brushes