January 26, 2015 | 1848 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BRUSH! I thought "eh, what's another eyeliner brush" ... well, this is a standout. If you love gel or pot eyeliners - you simply must have one of these. I would buy another in a minute - I will never be without this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by buckheadbecky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is amazing. I've been using MAC's #266 brush with my Fluidlines for quite some time now and had never been able to make super-thin lines with it. I'd always assumed that my technique wasn't great.

That was before I tried the #209 brush and found that it made incredible thin lines quickly and evenly. This is THE brush to use with gel eyeliners. It makes quick and consistent lines beautifully and the "V" shape allows me to vary my eyeliner thickness.

The quality is good; I've washed it numerous times and it has yet to shed. MAC makes fantastic makeup brushes, and this is no exception. I may have to buy a second 209 brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I have a number of MAC brushes and, although they are expensive, I really find they are the best professional make up brushes. I have never had a problem with a MAC brush - hairs falling out etc that you get with cheaper brands.
This is a really good eyeliner brush to get a thin line. It tapers very well to a fine point but you can also use the side effectively. I wash it after every use in soapy water and it always comes back as good as new.
I have said I would purchase again but I can'timagine that I will ever need to - unless perhaps I lose it?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i can't believe i've never reviewed this yet! well, i adore this brush, i think it is absolutely outstanding. i use it to line my eyes when i'm using gel e/l, and it works PERFECTLY for that! the best thing about this brush, imo, is that when you load up the bristles w/gel e/l the brush tapers itself to a thin point (think a "V" shape on it's side), and then you can use that point to start at the inner corner of your eye and begin your line very thin and fine, thickening it up as you go along. it draws on your liner so easily and really smoothly, and the bristles never splay out or shed. i also use it for e/s, especially when i want to draw on a thin line of e/s under my lower lashline. it works perfect for this, too. it washes clean very easily and keeps it's shape. $16.50 is quite alot for such a small brush, but it's quality and the last one i'll ever need to buy. A+!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by xcoco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this brush to put fluidliner on my waterline since I cant use the 266 for this purpose, it scratch my waterline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this e/l brush! I use it everyday to apply MAC fluidline gel e/l. It makes it sooo easy to apply gel e/l.

This brush is just fantastic! Hands down the best e/l brush I have ever tried. No shedding or splaying and I clean it after every use. I've been using it for over a year now! I am VERY impressed. I will definitely repurchase when needed.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THE perfect brush for gel liners, hands down. At least for me. I have the much-raved-about 266 also and it's good too, but the 209 is easier for me to use for some reason. Overall a great little brush. No shedding or splaying, even after multiple cleanings. Definitely worth shelling out for if you're looking for a good liner brush and haven't quite found the right one yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 11:00:00 AM More reviews by tldavis36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this with my Clinique cream eyeliners and I love it. I will definitely repurchase when my brush needs replacing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I have to say that I've been using Bobbi Brown ultra fine liner brush for my fluidlines as well as her gel liners. I like the stiffness of it but I couldn't get the line straight or fine enough. I can't use the slant tipped brushes either. I finally decided to try the MAC 209 and I'm very pleased with it so far. Used it for the first time today. If this brush splays I will be very upset and report back here. Otherwise this will be my go to brush. Wanted to try the 311 lip brush but haven't. So I don't know if that one is better...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by emilysmom32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised that the reviews of this aren't better. It has really made the fluidlines usable for me and I am an eyeshadow clutz. I have washed it quite a few times and it has not lost any hair