Dior Addict Lipstick

4.2

on 7/23/2004 9:51:00 AM

Having been a lipgloss gal all along and gradually trying (and loving) Armani lipsticks, I have to say that Christian Dior's Addict lipsticks come a very close second! The texture is just awesome, goes on really light and slightly glossy - it also moisturises lips (as much as I love MAC lipglasses, they are too sticky for dry, unexfoliated lips). I actually prefer the texture of the Addict lipsticks to the (also much hyped) Chanel Aqualumiere lipsticks. Addict lipsticks also offer the right amount of pigmentation, not too sheer either and that glossy look is just eyecatching in a subtle way. However, I really dislike the scent (tearose, I think?) as one reviewer mentioned, reminds me of my mom's lipsticks in the 80s. The packaging is futuristic and definitely an attention grabber but I prefer sleeker ones (again, Armani!). Would gladly repurchase and look forward to trying out more of the colors.

on 6/12/2004 6:43:00 PM

LOVE IT! Dior has done it again! this time with a BEAUTIFUL lipstick. Not only dose this lipstick last for quite awhile, have a gourgous shimmer no matter what shade,have a very nice suble sent, the packageing is BEAUTIFUL! i love how it says,"DIOR" along the side of the tube! I own many of these and my mother simply loves click coral! love this BUY IT !! very cheap only $22

on 6/4/2004 10:26:00 PM

While I was shopping at the Dior counter, I originally wanted to buy just my newly adored J'adore perfume in order to receive the free gift package. When I was about to pay for J'adore, I could not resist the Dior Addict packaging. The gentleman at the counter picked out #454 Rose Projecteur for me and told me I would look gorgeous in it. I was a bit hesistant about plunking $22 for a lipstick even though I had bought a tube a Chanel lipstick before. I gave in and right away put it on. I fell in love with it not only because of the color but because of how smoothly it goes on and wears really well (and almost smells like candy). It is the best tube of lipstick I own so far, even better than my Chanel lipstick in my opinion. Heads turn when I wear the color. I love it!!!

on 6/4/2004 7:37:00 PM

Love the texture of these lipsticks! Its very creamy, goes on smoothly, and moisturizes. I have this in #434 which is a light coffee brown WITHOUT (very important for me) any shimmer. It looks like my lips but deeper in colour. The lasting power is pretty good athough I wish it last longer but I don't wear lip liner anyways. One thing I really dislike about this is the nasty lipsticky smell that I get a once in a while but at least I don't always smell it. A very good product and I plan on getting more shades. Not bad for about $27 CDN. 4 lipsticks.

on 4/22/2004 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is absolutely one of the BEST lipsticks EVER! Before I tried this, I thought that Lancome's Rouge Sensation was the best because it was perfectly pigmented, slightly glossy, decadently creamy, and it lasted well, but after I decided to splurge on this lipstick, I don't think that I'll be looking back (especially not at the awkward packaging that Rouge Sensation comes in). Dior Addict lipstick makes my lips look like they're plumped! It has a very creamy feel and a slightly glossy finish much just like Lancome's Rouge Sensation, but this one comes in such an adorable and chic case! If you're willing to shell out $27 CDN for lipstick, this one won't let you down, girls!

on 4/19/2004 4:10:00 PM

I have this lipstick in numerical red and it is the truest red I've ever owned-- the reason I was willing to shell out the $$$ for this lipstick! This was also my first high end make-up purchase and unfortunately (or fortunately?) only the beginning! This lipstick is creamy and it shines and it stays on for quite awhile. I love it!

on 4/18/2004 8:56:00 AM

I love these lipsticks- I have about ten of them. Fantastic formula- glossy with just the right amount of pigment. The packaging is so divine too.

on 3/17/2004 8:09:00 PM

These are the Lipsticks that other Lipsticks aspire to be. Moist and weightless, in complex and flattering colours. They're even better with an Addict gloss on top I only have two of these but I want MORE!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe no one has reviewed Dyonic Coral! It's an absolutely gorgeous, radiant colour (very sheer, dewy, shimmery pale peachy pink) and makes the lips look really 3-D, voluptuous, and dewy, like all Dior Addict lipsticks do. It looks so pretty with pink cheeks, and great with light or heavy eye make-up. Don't be put off by how pale and purely peach it looks, because on it looks so much more sheer, and the pink shimmer comes out a lot more. Such a warm, dewy fantastic colour! Use this when you want to subtley brighten up your face.

on 2/28/2004 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have 3 - brun digital #787, paralell rose #684 and violet solstice #764. These are beautiful lipsticks that apply well and last a reasonable amount of time. The colors are rich as well. I adore the packaging.. very unique and my face of all the dior lipsticks. My only regret is that I am so into gloss at the moment that I often forget about these gems!!

Popular Lipsticks