September 23, 2014 | 2035 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Baiju

color choice: buff beige is good for my light yellow toned skin (translucent medium)
oil control: poor
texture: finely milled
Good coverage, one of the best in the drug stores
The only concern: after use, the surface of the powder became unsmooth. It seems that in the process of powder manufacturing, the powder and thickening agents were not mixed well.
It is a cheap powder, however gives an excellent result. Just wish it has more oil obsorbing ability. I like to use this one in the winter and fall.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by mai1978

At first I loved this make-up because I didn't need foundation. This powder has excellent coverage. The colors are great, and it is easy to find a matching color. However, the packaging is ugly and easily scratched, the powder, after you've used it for a while, takes on an ugly cottage cheese texture.
I would still have given it five lippies if it hadn't made my acne worse. My skin isn't that sensitive, and I see that a lot of people have had that problem with this powder. Still, I will give it three lippies for it's coverage and colors. This is worth trying if you want coverage in a powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by chechi

what i like about this product is that it matches my skin tone well & is really inexpensive. But the packaging is tacky, the sponge applicator is rough & it doesn't provide any protection from the sun.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by significantx126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is currently the only poweder that I've used for over a year. I don't know why though...it doesn't cover that well. I have to apply several times throughout the day because it gives me that shiny look on my T-zone. After a few times it does look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by virginia88

I wear buff beige in the powder foundation. THis stuff rocks. It covers well for a powder but doesn't feel like you have anything on now make your face look dry like other powders. I like this whole line of liquid, cream foundation, and the powder. I am acne prone, I have bought this over and over. It also has SPF 15 though you should wear regular sunscreen too. Check out my other reviews. Thanks for this site. I rarely buy a makeup, skin, or haircare product without checking here first.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

wow y did this get low ratings

i like it!

its true when they said this covers yet lets ur natural skin color still show..

it does cover decent...and it DOES let my skin color show , which is great cuz even when i get a tan, this powder will still match

im trying to figure out how this formula works
its great, i'll buy again specially at summer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

From my past experiences with very oily skin I can not wear a powder foundation very well, until now! Once again I have tried d/s & dept store brands all of them have made my face oilier and pores larger looking except for this one. A follow MUAer recommended it to me & she was right! This is just as good as any dept store-MUFE, EL, LC, PX, Chanel, Clinique and a lot cheaper. I appreciate this product more in the cooler months but I do use it in the heat of the summer as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lilbug

Great powder ! highly recommended it. Its "Oil Control/Fragrance Free", can't go wrong with that. Offers great colors, doesn't cake or turn orange. Also, didn't cause me to breakout. Best of all its unexpensive. I used to buy Lancome "Photogenic", its too expensive for a powder. I like Covergirl overall its so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by navsegda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this a lot! I got it after a failed attempt at using Covergirl Clean... This powder goes on evenly and is a good match for my skin tone. However, I start to get oily about 2 hours after I've put my makeup on, but that's probably because I have really oily teenager skin. All in all, I really like this! I think I'm going to try Outlast next though, and see which one I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by jamie48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not a huge fan of CG, but when it comes to their powders...they have some good ones! The Trublend pressed powder is my fav. The color translucent honey is a very pretty match for me. Not enough coverage to wear alone or for major touch ups, but fabulous for finishing foundation in the morning....flawless!! I do recommend a powder brush over the pad though!! It really does standup to department store powders.