December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by AimGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Trublend and Outlast pressed powder are the same.

This is in response to desiree_e's review on TruBlend powder that is currently on page 3 (according to my computer):

"Outlast has a way of somehow giving you a little radiance. I wouldn't buy this again. Try Outlast!"

This is the exact formulation of Outlast Powder. (If interested, see below)...The only differences are the compact and possibly the color options. They are both the same size at .39 oz and retail for the same price (about $7.49 to $8.05 depending on the retailer).

In fact, Advanced Radiance Age-Defying powder is also very similar. The first 6 ingredients in A.R. are the same and then there is a slight variation after that.

I chose TruBlend because of the color options.

This is the 2nd time that I noticed this with Cover Girl. The first time it was the Pocket powder being the exact formulation of another of their face powders. Those 2 powders are not listed at the Cover Girl website, so they may have been discontinued.

Notice below that the second ingredient is mica.

Mica: Earth mineral used to give products sparkle and shine. (from cosmeticscop.com)

Ingredient comparison

Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder:

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide (from drugstore.com website)

Cover Girl Outlast Pressed Powder:

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica, May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide (from drugstore.com website)

Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder:

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Lecithin, Methicone, Methylparaben, May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide - - - same ingredients with slight variation after the 6th ingredient. (from drugstore.com website)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Baiju

color choice: buff beige is good for my light yellow toned skin (translucent medium)
oil control: poor
texture: finely milled
Good coverage, one of the best in the drug stores
The only concern: after use, the surface of the powder became unsmooth. It seems that in the process of powder manufacturing, the powder and thickening agents were not mixed well.
It is a cheap powder, however gives an excellent result. Just wish it has more oil obsorbing ability. I like to use this one in the winter and fall.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by mai1978

At first I loved this make-up because I didn't need foundation. This powder has excellent coverage. The colors are great, and it is easy to find a matching color. However, the packaging is ugly and easily scratched, the powder, after you've used it for a while, takes on an ugly cottage cheese texture.
I would still have given it five lippies if it hadn't made my acne worse. My skin isn't that sensitive, and I see that a lot of people have had that problem with this powder. Still, I will give it three lippies for it's coverage and colors. This is worth trying if you want coverage in a powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by chechi

what i like about this product is that it matches my skin tone well & is really inexpensive. But the packaging is tacky, the sponge applicator is rough & it doesn't provide any protection from the sun.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by significantx126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is currently the only poweder that I've used for over a year. I don't know why though...it doesn't cover that well. I have to apply several times throughout the day because it gives me that shiny look on my T-zone. After a few times it does look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by virginia88

I wear buff beige in the powder foundation. THis stuff rocks. It covers well for a powder but doesn't feel like you have anything on now make your face look dry like other powders. I like this whole line of liquid, cream foundation, and the powder. I am acne prone, I have bought this over and over. It also has SPF 15 though you should wear regular sunscreen too. Check out my other reviews. Thanks for this site. I rarely buy a makeup, skin, or haircare product without checking here first.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

wow y did this get low ratings

i like it!

its true when they said this covers yet lets ur natural skin color still show..

it does cover decent...and it DOES let my skin color show , which is great cuz even when i get a tan, this powder will still match

im trying to figure out how this formula works
its great, i'll buy again specially at summer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

From my past experiences with very oily skin I can not wear a powder foundation very well, until now! Once again I have tried d/s & dept store brands all of them have made my face oilier and pores larger looking except for this one. A follow MUAer recommended it to me & she was right! This is just as good as any dept store-MUFE, EL, LC, PX, Chanel, Clinique and a lot cheaper. I appreciate this product more in the cooler months but I do use it in the heat of the summer as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lilbug

Great powder ! highly recommended it. Its "Oil Control/Fragrance Free", can't go wrong with that. Offers great colors, doesn't cake or turn orange. Also, didn't cause me to breakout. Best of all its unexpensive. I used to buy Lancome "Photogenic", its too expensive for a powder. I like Covergirl overall its so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by navsegda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this a lot! I got it after a failed attempt at using Covergirl Clean... This powder goes on evenly and is a good match for my skin tone. However, I start to get oily about 2 hours after I've put my makeup on, but that's probably because I have really oily teenager skin. All in all, I really like this! I think I'm going to try Outlast next though, and see which one I like better.