July 30, 2014 | 1564 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by rawcus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. It delivers, I know that, because my skin feels smoother after use and blemishes are swiftly deal with. But I just find it SUCH a hassle to apply. I like to do my face scrubbing in the shower, and this means I have to wash my face, dry it, dry my hands, massage this onto my skin (dry clay consistency), splash in some water, scrub some more (at wet rice consistency), then wash off. And if it gets into your eyes? JESUS. The pain is intense! What's in it to make it hurt that much?

Origins tend to put a 50ml Modern Friction in almost every value pack/gift set that they do, so I have 5 or 6 of these boys lurking around. It definitely does the job for my skin, but Never a Dull Moment is a lot easier and more pleasant to apply - straight after face wash, scrub it on, lovely smell, wash it off. Done!

I wouldn't repurchase because a) I have so many minis and b) I think there are other scrubs out there that deliver in terms of tackling blackheads/smoothing skin, that are less expensive, easier to use and don't make me feel like my eyes are being poked out if they get into my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lalovelyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

burned my skin! made my skin feel very sensitive and I do not like! no thank you.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by jensmakeupbag

Horrible scrub! I think it's way to harsh for my sensitive, dry skin. I actually tried this on my body which ended up being a better alternative for this expensive scrub. I normally love scrubs but this is just too harsh for the face. I ended up having acne and itching around my jawline. I would never repurchase!

If you have dry skin, try Laura Mercier's face polish or make your own scrub. I sometimes do in the winter time and it works wonders and is dirt cheap!

All you need is:

Sugar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Honey

Mix it all together and you have a body/face scrub, gentle and non-comedeogenic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by utprincess

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product by Origins! I think it's very effective in removing dead skin and leaving your face feeling soft and moisturized. The container lasts forever and is really an incredible product. I've turned my sisters and sister-in-laws onto this product as well. Great for all skin types.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lilmelrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this, it got nearly perfect reviews on the origins website. Problem is, it's just ok. And for $40, just ok is not good enough. I have large pores, acne scarring, and overall dull skin. And yeah, it seems to help those things but only temporarily. I use it a few times a week, which I think is more than suggested, because after a couple of days my skin starts looking dull again. I think it has helped with reducing pore size, but that's about it. I will see what happens when I run out and try some other products and maybe I will purchase again if those don't work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by hikaridoll

i love this scrub! at first, it was a bit harsh for my face, so it broke me out. but i think my skin is getting used to it (either that or i was eating too much fried food the week i got this :p), now i like feeling how smooth it is, i think my pores are a bit smaller too. i switch between this and Origin Out of Trouble Mask. so, pretty decent results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by twitches

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I simply adore this scrub - take note that you're supposed to use this *dry* on your skin, rub it in a bit, then wash it off with warm water. A lot of people use it on a wet face and the results are not nearly as good. It was a bit hard to get used to putting this slushy stuff on and rubbing it around at first, but now that I am used to it I find it to be very effective and - the biggest selling point for me - the SMELL is DIVINE. Peppery and citrus-y, very unique and fresh; I can just screw the lid off the jar and take a whiff and I am instantly happy. Seriously, if they could put this into candle or perfume form I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. Only thing I don't like is the packaging - I don't like any product that comes in a jar and requires me to dip my fingers in it all the time, just doesn't seem sanitary to me. But for something that smells this wonderful and works so well, I'll make an exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This facial scrub has a light, pleasant smell and it feels nice when you're rubbing it in. The grains in the scrub are really fine. When you rinse this off you can feel how much softer your skin is. I really like this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a scrub with very few scrubbing particles. It foams into a leather which I like and seems clay-based. It's okay as a foaming cleanser, but not scrubby enough as a scrub--so no rebuy. Plus, overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Sunbabe684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am seriously astounded to read all the negative reviews on this product- I am so in love with it! Granted it's harsher than many other scrubs, but that's because it really is closer to dermabrasion than just gentle exfoliating. Make sure to follow the directions: use first on DRY skin, then wet fingertips and do it again, then rinse off, then wash face and follow skin regimen as normal. My skin is a little pink afterward, but you can use it at night if it bothers you. I use it twice per week, and it keeps my acne down and my face baby-smooth. If you have super-duper sensitive skin, then you may want to go with a milder scrub (I like Arbonne), but for the rest of us, Modern Friction is a godsend! And yes, a little pricey, but you don't need to use that much, and one pot of it lasts me about nine months- well worth it!