December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by cynwong

I figured I would try the modern friction for face since I loved the body one.
Similar scent, and application was the same. Go on dry, rub, and then add water.

As soon as I rinsed the product off, I felt as if all the moisture was gone. Skin felt uncomfortably tight and red. I broke out with little red bumps on my cheek. Modern Friction was just too harsh for my face.

So, I won't be using this again. A total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ellemck1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! For years I couldn't find a single exfoliation treatment that worked on my super sensitive skin. Every single scrub I used would cause huge red sore patches on my skin. I went into Origins for a birthday mini-facial, and told the girl who worked on my face about my issues with exfoliators, and she put this stuff on my face, saying it might help. There's aloe in it, which soothes the skin, and it is very gentle on my skin. At the end, I have beautiful smooth and glowing skin. Yes, if you get it in your eyes or a cut it stings like holy sin, but that's the citrus in it. Just be very careful. I only use it once a week, because more than that and I'm getting the red sore patches. One tub of this has lasted me almost a year, which makes it worth the money spent on it. This is a great product, so happy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Upon first use, I was sure this was like my favorite product EVER. It made my skin feel so refreshed and my skin definitely looked brighter. Then I used it a few more times and my skin broke out (not sure this is what caused it, but it's possible). Overall, I use it occasionally if my skin feels blah, but I'd probably be wary of using this too much, like as often as an exfoliater. It does feel kind of scratchy if you apply it as it says (on dry skin). Does not bother me, but it might bother some, if so just wet your skin first and then it's basically an exfoliater. Not SURE if I'd repurchase, Probably not since it's not cheap or amazing. But decent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by rawcus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. It delivers, I know that, because my skin feels smoother after use and blemishes are swiftly deal with. But I just find it SUCH a hassle to apply. I like to do my face scrubbing in the shower, and this means I have to wash my face, dry it, dry my hands, massage this onto my skin (dry clay consistency), splash in some water, scrub some more (at wet rice consistency), then wash off. And if it gets into your eyes? JESUS. The pain is intense! What's in it to make it hurt that much?

Origins tend to put a 50ml Modern Friction in almost every value pack/gift set that they do, so I have 5 or 6 of these boys lurking around. It definitely does the job for my skin, but Never a Dull Moment is a lot easier and more pleasant to apply - straight after face wash, scrub it on, lovely smell, wash it off. Done!

I wouldn't repurchase because a) I have so many minis and b) I think there are other scrubs out there that deliver in terms of tackling blackheads/smoothing skin, that are less expensive, easier to use and don't make me feel like my eyes are being poked out if they get into my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lalovelyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

burned my skin! made my skin feel very sensitive and I do not like! no thank you.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by jensmakeupbag

Horrible scrub! I think it's way to harsh for my sensitive, dry skin. I actually tried this on my body which ended up being a better alternative for this expensive scrub. I normally love scrubs but this is just too harsh for the face. I ended up having acne and itching around my jawline. I would never repurchase!

If you have dry skin, try Laura Mercier's face polish or make your own scrub. I sometimes do in the winter time and it works wonders and is dirt cheap!

All you need is:

Sugar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Honey

Mix it all together and you have a body/face scrub, gentle and non-comedeogenic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by utprincess

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product by Origins! I think it's very effective in removing dead skin and leaving your face feeling soft and moisturized. The container lasts forever and is really an incredible product. I've turned my sisters and sister-in-laws onto this product as well. Great for all skin types.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lilmelrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this, it got nearly perfect reviews on the origins website. Problem is, it's just ok. And for $40, just ok is not good enough. I have large pores, acne scarring, and overall dull skin. And yeah, it seems to help those things but only temporarily. I use it a few times a week, which I think is more than suggested, because after a couple of days my skin starts looking dull again. I think it has helped with reducing pore size, but that's about it. I will see what happens when I run out and try some other products and maybe I will purchase again if those don't work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by hikaridoll

i love this scrub! at first, it was a bit harsh for my face, so it broke me out. but i think my skin is getting used to it (either that or i was eating too much fried food the week i got this :p), now i like feeling how smooth it is, i think my pores are a bit smaller too. i switch between this and Origin Out of Trouble Mask. so, pretty decent results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by twitches

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I simply adore this scrub - take note that you're supposed to use this *dry* on your skin, rub it in a bit, then wash it off with warm water. A lot of people use it on a wet face and the results are not nearly as good. It was a bit hard to get used to putting this slushy stuff on and rubbing it around at first, but now that I am used to it I find it to be very effective and - the biggest selling point for me - the SMELL is DIVINE. Peppery and citrus-y, very unique and fresh; I can just screw the lid off the jar and take a whiff and I am instantly happy. Seriously, if they could put this into candle or perfume form I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. Only thing I don't like is the packaging - I don't like any product that comes in a jar and requires me to dip my fingers in it all the time, just doesn't seem sanitary to me. But for something that smells this wonderful and works so well, I'll make an exception.