April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer MAC fluidline - which is strange for me to say because I have been discovering other brands/products that I prefer over MAC lately. The MAC fluidline is SO easy to apply because its a bit cremier in texture than Bobbi Brown. Stays on ALL day and it even stays on your waterline! Yes its true! Make sure your waterline isn't overly wet, put it on and let it sit for a few minutes. It'll stay on all day!

OK back to the Bobbi Brown. Its thick, hard to work with, clumpy, does NOT stay on my waterline like the MAC one does. I just cant seem to get this one on my brush evenly and on my eye precicely. Maybe it's just me but the MAC fluidline is effortless and just as good in quality! Im glad it works for others, but in my opinion, try the MAC one first and if you're happy with it, don't look back :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by ChristineApril

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the only eyeliner i have used that never transfer on me. At first, it can be difficult to apply, it definitely not as easy as pencil liner. I have my first pot in 2009, it haven't dry out. Consider how long it last it is very cheap. even it costed me $22 in duty free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I'm pretty impressed with this eyeliner. It is very long wearing. I had almost no transfer to the upper lid (which is impressive since I have hooded eyes). I have the color Caviar Ink. It's a little less harsh than a traditional black liner, making it better for daytime wear. Overall, it's a very nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

LOVE! I own both #7 Espresso Ink (brown black) and #1 Black Ink (black), and I don't feel the need to try out any other brand's gel eyeliners because I think these are the best.

PROS:
- Creamy texture, glides on to the lid
- Easy to apply
- Opaque colour
- Doesn't move!!! Once it's dry it won't leave a mark on your upper lid from opening your eyes
- Great amount of product

CONS:
- I've had my Espresso Ink for about four years now and it is cracked all the way down the middle, which may not impress some people. HOWEVER it still applies beautifully and I won't be throwing it away any time soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by themicrobiologist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a few months now and I love the pigmentation and applying it with a nice eyeliner brush is easy on the waterline or tightline (I use MAC brush or Dior eyeliner brush). After about 6 hours it does smudge a bit, but I have never had an eyeliner not smudge on the waterline for me. I do love it but am still on the hunt for the perfect waterproof deep black eyeliner that is safe for the waterline.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by meimak1314

it stays on my upper lid for 8+ hours. lower waterline for 3 to 4 hours before smudging at the outer corner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by dexatek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a cat eye fan. I always use and are looking for new eyeliners. The texture I like the most are gel eyeliners and of course high pigmentation,waterproof, staying power and easy glide are combination of qualities i'm trying to find.
Went thru many brands from high end to drug store , not to thrilled about any of them until I found Bobbi Brown. WOW and double WOW, beautiful, sooo easy to apply, I got the sharpest and defined cat eye in a breeze. Stayed all day looking as just applied. Just fall in love of the product. Finally, I though, my research ended. However after 2 days of use my eyes became so itchy, red and uncomfortable. I wear contact lenses and I had to stop wearing them. I start reading BB gel eyeliner reviews and found many persons with similar experience. ;( Too bad, I really wanted to add this eyeliner to my regular makeup product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Sepolayla

I bought a duo pack duty free when I was on a plane. It came with a little brush and the colours Black Ink and Sepia. I was travelling the world last year and for months these two liners and their little brush were the only eyeliner and eyeshadow products I had.

They are both fantastic as cream liners and creams shadows and, one year on, there's still heaps of products in the jars and they're still going strong. I find the best way to keep gel liners creamy and usable is to keep them out of light and air. I kept the box they came in - the fact that it was double lined with insulating cardboard must've meant that it was literally black as pitch in that box. I'm pretty sure the box helped regulate temperature and also protected them from light. I also religiously screwed the lids on so tightly it was a fight to get them off every time.

The reason I'm giving them a 4 and not a 5 is, even though they're great liners, they don't have as slick a texture as some of the other gel liners. Because of this I don't find them brilliant for precision work, and now that I'm back home I'm not reaching for them as often. But they were great travel buddies.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Magicunicorns

At first I loved this eyeliner, as a previous user of pencil liners I couldn't believe that I had never tried this before. But my love for it slowly disappeared, it dried out rediculousy quickly and it started smudging after only a few hours of applying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by skyoflove1103

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BETTER THAN MAC FLUIDLINE ON MONOLIDS

I have monolids which fold over to hide the skin above my upper lashline quite a lot. This means that my eyeliner is constantly rubbing against my skin all day, and my lids tend to build up oil as well. I have never found an eyeliner - pencil, gel or liquid - that will stay as nice and clean, as if just applied, throughout the day. But Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliners come close to being that perfect eyeliner though!

Black Ink is very black and opaque. Sepia Ink is great for adding natural definition, especially to the lower lashline without making your eyes look harsh or bottom-heavy.

Without a primer, the liner definitely smudges. But when paired with my Primer Potion and a bit of setting powder above the liner, it fairs pretty well throughout a 9-hr day. I don't expect people with double lids would need to go to such extremes lengths to set the liner.

For Australian buyers, I recommend getting them on-line or overseas. I bought two full-sized liner pots and a mini-brush in Singapore duty-free for a few dollars over the price of ONE pot here!! (Approx. AU$46)