November 28, 2014 | 1066 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by amary18

This is my favourite hair serum. I received it as a gift and was able to finish it in a year. I was disappointed to learn that it costs $30 for a bottle (so I have not repurchased). Instead I have been using what I think is the "dupe" --Proclaim, which works just as good and costs a fraction of the price (and has lasted me YEARS)!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my "holy grail" hair product. I have straight, thin hair that tangles very easily and this product is a life saver for me. After I get out of the shower I ring out the excess water from my hair and put about a quarter-sized amount of the product on my palms and then work it into the ends of my hair. I then put my hair into a towel and let it air dry before brushing it out. This has greatly improved the health of my hair and also its appearance and texture (it is much less frizzy and much more soft). Since you don't need to use very much product, a bottle will last you a long time. I have had my 150 mL bottle for almost a year now and there is still like 30% of the product left. Also, my boyfriend always comments on the good scent it leaves in my hair ; )

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Silk Therapy, while expensive, is almost worth the price. It left my hair feeling smooth, light, and smelling wonderful. There was no greasiness to be found, even with a moderate amount of product (nickel sized+) in my hair. However, I say it was almost worth the price because there are products that have accomplished the same task, for less money (but with a few drawbacks). The drawback here is the price, but the performance of the product is just wonderful, which means that I will probably be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Earlier this year I went from virgin black hair to blonde highlights. The only product that dried my hair out like crazy was the John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo.

I turned to my friend and asked her what I should use to breathe life back into my straw-like hair. She told me to use Biosilk. And so I did. My hair slowly began to feel softer, didn't have any kicks when I ran my fingers through my hair and looked more healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ashalythao7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product smells amazing, super silky too. I have Asian hair and I use a small amount, which is more than enough because this product can weight your hair down if you use too much.

The price is okay, I bought the big bottle for $40USD which I should have not because it is way too much for me to finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the small bottle to test. It makes my hair sooo soft...actually too soft if that makes sense. Ysterday I first used a nickel size amount for my shoulder length fine blonde high and low lighted hair. It was too much cuz i couldn't wait to wash my hair today. I woke up with greasy hair. Today I applied it to my towel dried hair and used less. My hair was still too soft and greasy. I think i need to keep experimenting to find the right amount to apply to my hair without making it greasy and flat. I bet it works wonders for people with coarse thick curly hair. Tomorrow I'm going to try applying a pea size amount and see what happens. It smells great and def makes hair the most soft ive ever had from a product but my hair is so fine it makes it flat, dull, with no volume even after i blowdry it upside down with a volumizing product. I want it to work so im going to continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I have been using this every time I wash my hair for the past 7 or 8 years. I love it. It helps smooth my frizzy hair and it lasts forever. Recently, a stylist said I needed something stronger (but my hair is pretty intense, wavy curly and UNRULY!) so I've tried a few things, but I love how this is light and doesn't make my hair stiff in the slightest. When I actually bother to style I'll use something more, but daily I don't like that weighed down feeling. I think overall this is a staple for just about anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I got this in my Glossybox recently and I really like it! I apply a small amount through the lengths of my damp hair and that works really well. I really like the scent too. One thing I would say is that my hair is quite fine and I think it often looks flat after I've used this. However, it makes my hair feel amazing so I don't really mind that con which is definitely the only one in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by iqrakhan3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product!! I have extremely thick wavy hair which is honestly too much to handle on a good day. I have been using this product in my regular regimen for honestly as long as I can remember. I have also been dying my hair for as long as I can remember. This product manages to make my hair look and feel healthy and smooth. Helps calm the frizz and keeps it looking like I take super good care of my hair (when I'll admit, I don't). Adore.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MAC96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absoloutely love this! My mum bought it when she was beginning to go through menopause and her hair was going crazy wild and frizzy. This product made both of our hair soft, silky and straight! We're nearly out of it!
Weirdly enough, ''Bio oil'' does not make my hair oily!