MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - So Ceylon ] [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - So Ceylon ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 5/9/2005 9:06:00 AM

Oh well.. it has a nice colour, but the best.. I'm still searching

on 3/31/2005 11:36:00 AM

I'm so glad I finally bought this. It gives the most natural flushed look with just a tiny bit of shimmer. It really wakes up my face and looks very polished without screaming "makeup!" I think this shade (a pinky bronze, maybe with a touch of peach?) would flatter almost every skin tone. The only drawbacks are the price (a bit high for MAC) and the lasting power. It does last, but not all day. But hey, I shouldn't be expecting that anyway I guess. Overall, fantastic product.

on 2/12/2005 12:19:00 PM

Like another reviewer, I was more interested in Porcelain Pink initially but the MA tried this on me and wow! I still think it looks too deceptively brown in the pan, LOL! I use this as a blusher and it imparts a nice pinkish bronzey glow. Thumbs up to MAC for creating combination of colors I never thought could co-exist!

on 2/12/2005 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! I use it as a blush and it gives me a bronzy, rosey glow. Its absolutely gorgeous! I'm an LLL, I try not to use this everyday because its LE. They should add this to the regular line.

on 2/10/2005 4:25:00 PM

This is so pretty! I'm glad I let the other MUAers talk me into getting this. For me, it can used as either a blush or a bronzer. It applies as a rosy bronze with glowy gold shimmer. In some lights, it looks more rose, in other lights, more bronze. It gives me a lovely sunkissed look either way. The pigmentation is very good, I only need one swipe with my brush to get enough color. Lasting power is excellent on my dry skin. For reference, I'm a nuetral/warm LLL.

on 2/6/2005 10:39:00 PM

I use it as a bronzing powder, this is not enough pigmented to be used as a blush on me. (MMM)

I like the soft shimmery finish, not frosty like others Mineralize Skinfinish. (But I really love my Shimpagne highlighter!!)

This is not muddy on me, just a rosy brown tan. (Not like a sunburn, but you have to apply it with a light hand)

on 1/31/2005 12:34:00 AM

When I swipped this on my hand at the MAC counter I thought it was beautiful. I love rose shades with brown undertones. I love the texture of this product--shimmery but not glittery like prior skinfinishes. Unfortunately So Ceylon does not work for me coloring. It looked like dirt on my face. I am fair with redhair and freckles. I suspect this color is better for ladies with medium to dark skintones.

on 1/25/2005 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I guess I'm alone on this, but So Ceylon is not what I had expected. On my face, the color looks like a very unflattering and un-natural brownish rose shade that seems to take on a coral toner on my face. I gave it three lipsticks because the product applied well and lasted all day, but the shade is just not pretty, IMO. I *love* rosey colors so I was very excited to try this but so let down. It just looks muddy and 'yuck' on me.

Thumbs down from me on this one.

on 1/22/2005 9:46:00 PM

I love using this lightly over my cheekbones for a glowy effect. The shimmer in this blush/highlighter helps the cocoa rose-ish hue "blend" into my skin so that it never looks cakey. I have NC25 and it doesn't look orange(I have a picture of myself wearing so Ceylon). I can see this being used on anyone because the slight rose tint balances the deep copper, making this stuff universal. LOVE! Too bad its a LE...

on 1/22/2005 8:43:00 PM

This is a LE Mineralized Skinfinish from the MAC January 2005 High Tea collection. It costs $21.50 USD.

When I first saw this collection I was more interested in the Porclein Pink skinfinish but it barely showed up on me. Then I kept seeing raves on the So Ceylon Skinfinish and I decided to give that a try.

On my skin (NW15) which is pale with cool undertones, this shows up as a rosy bronzer with subtle shimmer that IMO is very flattering. It warms up my face without making it ruddy. Definitely a winner for me :)

I applied it lightly with a fan brush as you would bronzer.

Popular Bronzers