April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by queenlisa

I like the slight sparkle in this. Keeps it from looking too powdery on your face. Like others, I don't love the packaging, but I just keep it on the counter and use in the morning. For me it lasts fairly well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a powder to set my foundation. This does have a strong scent that can be too much for some people. It doesn't bother me, personally. The packaging sucks, that's my main issue. The sifter is terrible and it's messy to open and close. However, the product itself is fine. It's very light, transparent and it made my face look great. For about $6, this wasn't bad at all. Because of the packaging, I probably won't purchase this again. It just gets too messy to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is generally an OK product, but I give it kind of a low rating because it doesn't do what I need a powder to do.
1. It doesn't control oil.
2. It has a very powdery finish even over a clean face.
3. I think it has too much color for something that I just want to set my makeup, but then again the color I have may be too light for me :/
4. The packaging is super bad. the top just pops off, it doesn't screw off.

It also has I scent to it, although it doesn't stay long. But if you have allergies or you are very sensitive to scents then I would avoid this product.
:) mo

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by imaginaryflowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally decided to try CG's loose powder because I wanted something to set my foundation, and wasn't willing to shell out money to something I don't really consider a staple. I like that it's cheap, and it really does give a natural finish to my MAC Studio Fix-finished face. The smell doesn't bother me since it doesn't linger on, and I can't really say if it controls oil, because my face is not oily.

I consider this an average product, since I've never tried any other loose powder to compare it with, and at the the end of the day I'm pretty sure most of it has come off. I'm not really sure if I would re-purchase again, but I overall I think this a decent product, that won't empty out your wallet.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was running out of my Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder, and bought this product based on three things: 1) its cheap, 2) I like the container and 3) its loose powder.

I thought I'd give this a try....

First all, I noticed a lot of people wrote that it has a funny smell. Actually, almost all Cover Girl face products have Noxema in it, to help keep your skin in good condition and not break out. So thats what you're smelling. I personally like the smell :)

Second... I have oily skin, and maybe I'm used to Revolon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, but this Covergirl Loose Powder doesn't really last thru out the day. Within 3 hours of wearing it I noticed my face was shiny and that the powder didn't give me much coverage. I didn't use the puff, I used a kabuki brush that I have separately. At first, I thought it was good because the color matched well and it has a teeny amount of shimmer it in, which was nice. But it doesn't last long nor provide much coverage. With Revlon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, I didn't need any touch up at all or no reapplication.

Third, I will probably dump it out and use the containter for Revlon's Mineral Powder Foundation. The packaging for that powder really sucks so I'll probably dump it into the Covergirl Loose Powder container :P

Then again, this is fhe first day of me using the powder... but it doesn't look hopeful so far :(

I gave it two lippies, because of 1) the container and 2) the color is actually nice. Just needs to have better staying power and coverage. I guess this is good if you don't want much coverage at all?? Because I have oily skin, I'm looking for more of a matte finish, and this didn't give me the results I was looking for. Guess I'll go back to revlon!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Heatherette07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this in translucent medium and its great as a setting powder or for every day for light coverage, it goes on well and blends well and staying power is ok. it didnt make me break out or irritate my skin at all and it gives a soft and even matte finish to my skin, where this product really loses me is it has a pretty strong almost rosy/ baby powder scent to it that i could really do without. the packaging is ok ive never travelled with it but it can get messy. it comes with a cute puff and they give you quite alot for the amount your paying but i still really dont like the scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by macaddict1985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

CONS:
1. can't stand the smell...it smells like something that's past the expiration date
2. makes my concealer look cakey
3. pop off lid + clumsy=disaster...not something you can carry arround to touch up your face
4. stains clothing

PROS:
1. my nose is sensitive so you may like the smell
2. i have dry skin so i think it works better for those who don't
3. it's cheap (around $6)
4. lasts a long time

OVERALL: i'm a firm believer in quality bc you only have one face. i don't trust drugstore powders at all. i can care less about brands, but my experience with this has made me hate drugstore powders. great if it works for you, but i definitely don't recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by H3LL0K1TTY

Given the price of this loose powder, it does its job nicely. I dont mind the smell, it actually reminds me of the one Neutrogena clenser, I used to use. It is a very light coverage and helps with minimizing shine on the face.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mellybeerbelly

Looks a little cakey over foundation, but looks very matte over moisturizer.. The bonus is that one containter can last a really long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by HunnyTanned

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

before i used this product i used the maybelline version of this, and when i did started using this (because i was on a budget) i loved it! it dosn't make my skin oily or dry! i put it over my foundation and it leaves a smooth finish ALL day its awsome, i've been using it for about 5 years now (since i was 14!) and nothing can compare especially at the price! i hope this stuff never discontinues!! i could never live with out it :P