September 17, 2014 | 1263 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by cwalters1218

I bought this while on a search to find a loose powder to set my Revlon Colorstay foundation (love! I'm a Warm Golden in the warmer months and Golden Beige in cooler months) and I got 2 at a BOGO 50% deal about 3 weeks ago in translucent medium...it does have that strong Noxzema smell which can get a bit overwhelming. It sets oilies pretty well and it doesn't give that much of a powdery cakey look but it's ultimate downfall was the way the powder went on w/ a pinky tone on my NC30 skintone. It gave the dreaded face mask look where the face looks like a different color than the neck. At fist I thought I was just being picky and then I really started to notice it in pictures and in various lighting. I just bought Coty airspun powder in naturally neutral today...the reviews are great and I hope it works out! I buy high and low end but why spend more when you dont have to?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by 2lovealot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I dont know what i would do without this ! it has ingreadients in it that are great for your skin , its perfect its smooth matte and has light coverage on its own or to set. long wearing its all over perfect !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by henwen88

The product itself isn't so bad, the packaging is horrible. It makes no logical sense. Somehow the product just does not come out of the holes distributed at the top of the container, and the little bit that does get out sticks to a crummy pad that got cakey after the second day of use.

Apart from the stupidity of the packaging, it's a decent product. It has a weird, medicine-y scent to it, and the color is called Translucent Light but it shows up almost tan on me... good thing it's summer. I really do like this product though because by the end of the day my face still looks oil-free and my skintone even.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by shmanderrsssx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i got this for 6 dollars at my local target. it was a good price for a lot of product. i threw out the puff thingy cause its just a waste. but the product is good i used it for a setting powder and i didnt see much or any caking.it smells weird though. plus my cap didnt brake yet but the material its made is so thin so im waiting for it to brake lol.
EDIT: this just sits in my makeup collection i never use it any more much better setting powders out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by AllieN

I have very fair skin, and this product was way too dark for me. It also caked throughout the day in certain places on my face and melted in others. I am not going to be buying this again. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by queenlisa

I like the slight sparkle in this. Keeps it from looking too powdery on your face. Like others, I don't love the packaging, but I just keep it on the counter and use in the morning. For me it lasts fairly well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a powder to set my foundation. This does have a strong scent that can be too much for some people. It doesn't bother me, personally. The packaging sucks, that's my main issue. The sifter is terrible and it's messy to open and close. However, the product itself is fine. It's very light, transparent and it made my face look great. For about $6, this wasn't bad at all. Because of the packaging, I probably won't purchase this again. It just gets too messy to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is generally an OK product, but I give it kind of a low rating because it doesn't do what I need a powder to do.
1. It doesn't control oil.
2. It has a very powdery finish even over a clean face.
3. I think it has too much color for something that I just want to set my makeup, but then again the color I have may be too light for me :/
4. The packaging is super bad. the top just pops off, it doesn't screw off.

It also has I scent to it, although it doesn't stay long. But if you have allergies or you are very sensitive to scents then I would avoid this product.
:) mo

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by imaginaryflowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally decided to try CG's loose powder because I wanted something to set my foundation, and wasn't willing to shell out money to something I don't really consider a staple. I like that it's cheap, and it really does give a natural finish to my MAC Studio Fix-finished face. The smell doesn't bother me since it doesn't linger on, and I can't really say if it controls oil, because my face is not oily.

I consider this an average product, since I've never tried any other loose powder to compare it with, and at the the end of the day I'm pretty sure most of it has come off. I'm not really sure if I would re-purchase again, but I overall I think this a decent product, that won't empty out your wallet.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was running out of my Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder, and bought this product based on three things: 1) its cheap, 2) I like the container and 3) its loose powder.

I thought I'd give this a try....

First all, I noticed a lot of people wrote that it has a funny smell. Actually, almost all Cover Girl face products have Noxema in it, to help keep your skin in good condition and not break out. So thats what you're smelling. I personally like the smell :)

Second... I have oily skin, and maybe I'm used to Revolon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, but this Covergirl Loose Powder doesn't really last thru out the day. Within 3 hours of wearing it I noticed my face was shiny and that the powder didn't give me much coverage. I didn't use the puff, I used a kabuki brush that I have separately. At first, I thought it was good because the color matched well and it has a teeny amount of shimmer it in, which was nice. But it doesn't last long nor provide much coverage. With Revlon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, I didn't need any touch up at all or no reapplication.

Third, I will probably dump it out and use the containter for Revlon's Mineral Powder Foundation. The packaging for that powder really sucks so I'll probably dump it into the Covergirl Loose Powder container :P

Then again, this is fhe first day of me using the powder... but it doesn't look hopeful so far :(

I gave it two lippies, because of 1) the container and 2) the color is actually nice. Just needs to have better staying power and coverage. I guess this is good if you don't want much coverage at all?? Because I have oily skin, I'm looking for more of a matte finish, and this didn't give me the results I was looking for. Guess I'll go back to revlon!