Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

For the price, a great product! Snapped this up at a Whole Foods after being recommended it by a friend, and after using it for a week, my skin is already clearer and brighter. Packed with antitoxidants, this cream goes on really thick, but soaks in pretty quickly. The price for this product, $15, isn't bad given what's in it; will most likely buy again.
UPDATE: found after long-use this product made my forehead an oil slick while my cheeks never felt quite moisturized enough. Not a bad cream for the price, but there are better creams out there.

I've been using this for about 5 days, morning & night. My skin is very dry (from Accutane) & for a while jojoba oil was doing the trick. When my dosage got upped, my skin got drier & the jojoba oil couldn't handle it (though I still highly recommend it for more normal dry skin conditions). Based on the reviews here, I went out & bought this. It's fantastic! My skin feels velvety smooth & wonderful! And the effect lasts, too, unlike some moisturizers where my skin feels parched after a few hours. It's quite thick so it comes in a jar, but I'm ok with that. My only fear is breakouts, but everyone seemed to be saying that hadn't been a problem. I'll update if anything changes, but for now I think this is a really great product! And cheap & natural, too!**UPDATE** 1/6/06 This is a little heavy for under makeup, but nothing else is giving me the moisture I need, so I'm sticking with it. I can't say enough how well this is working for me.

I am so happy to find a moisturizer that I can use long term. My skin is very sensitive and reacts to almost anything. I've tried Clinique, Burts Bees, Aubrey and a lot of other brands, but this one doesn't break me out and actually moisturizes. Unlike other reviewers, I love the scent.

i have used this product for 2 weeks since reading about it here and i really think i like it--no miracles to say yet-- but i just know i am doing my skin a favor by giving it dmae, alpha lipoic acid and vitaman c ester!!--these three things are to my knowledge only avaliabel in uber-expensve dr perricone. i like the way it makes my skin look--it seems like my pores are smaller...and i think my skin has lost some of it's hyperpigmentation --i hope it is not a "figmentation" of my mind! two weeks using alba and all i can say this is a superior product ingredient list for the price (14 99 whole foods georgia). I really think i will see benefits long term from this stuff--i have pretty dry skin i can use it twice a day---if i put it on at night--i wake up a little dry- can you believe that!? most people i dont think will have this issue. i have used creme de le mer in the past but i have real doubts as to their "treatment" part of the product--and sooo x pensive. i want to always moiusturize but especially treat my skin to age fighting goodies! the only other thing i have to say is this: and it may be IMPORTANT: I have been using a sample of kiehls vitamin c cream on my wrinkle spots and especially on the lip -- the wrinkies on lip have improved alot in two weeks--the only kicker is i started using the kiehls c stuff the same day almost as the alba--so maybe a combo wrinkle effect or just the kiehls or just the alba but one way or the other you know what i am using and i am seeing wrinkle results on my lip line for sure. kiehls gave me two smaple packets, i am still on the first one. a great way to MAX your sample packets is to just use a pin and prick a teeny hole in it....alba is in a jar, no big deal i dont mind it it is medium creamy, and on dry skin, it goes a little fast...my jar by using it night and day and sometimes a little in between will last me probably 4 months, 5 months tops EDIT/UPDATE--i am into my 2nd jar of this stuff it does not last as long as i thought-- using 2x a day, i'd say 1 jar lasts 2 months tops-- anyhow-- the featured picture on MUA shows a tube, but i am writing about the sea plus renewal creme that comes in a green plastic jar--anyhow---i am out of the samples of the kiehls vitamin c cream and i still am impressed with this product my pores are smaller and my redness/hyperpigmentation is very improved. --mild/medium redness, has been i'd say totally negated. good stuff, i am scared this wont last at this price

A Wonderful hydrating moisurizer for night use. When I don't use Green Cream I use this at night (for last 2 weeks) and my skin is silky-smooth in the AM. It's a great winter moisturizer for dry skin!
-Great price $10.50 for 2 oz-
EDIT: Had some bad Break-outs' with contnued use of this..I used it up on my Feet/ankles and NO I will not be re-purchasing.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Edit: it is still a lovely moisturizer but just wasn't cutting it for skin anymore. So unfortunately I dropping the rating.

Thank you girls!!! I have the driest skin in the world and lately it has been so sensitive. I could use a moisturizer and for a week it would be alright and then I would need to put it on every few hours. This stuff is amazing. I love the way it smells and especially the way it feels. It has improved my complexion amazingly well. I was really happy to see it had the ingredients touted by Dr Perricone without the massive price!! Completely lovely and I have had no breakouts or bad reactions to it! Update: Still a wonderful lotion and moisturizer but my skin seems to be ok with it now, in other words, not as moisturizing...back to the drawing board.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Am I missing something? The smell of this is so overwhelming I almost didn't want to use it - like a bottle of Acqua de Gio, and after using it for a few nights, I would wake up to dry flaky skin. I don't think anything else in my regimen is doing it b/c otherwise I am just using Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and a Prescreptives moisturizer.

Also, I got two big pimples as a result!

Love this cream! It's my new, winter-time night treatment. This is a wonderfully thick, soothing cream with a fresh, 'ocean breeze' kinda scent (not strong but definitely present). Very emollient--I warm it up between my palms and massage into my skin after heavy-duty exfoliation and wake up to amazingly soft, velvety skin. No greasiness at all. I have combination skin with a tendency to dryness in the cooler months and this really moisturizes without clogging my pores or causing breakouts. Comes in a simple, green jar (this is very thick so I don't think a tube would've worked well) and costs about 12 USD for 2 oz. Very good deal as you only need a little bit at a time. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this product is shit hot. probably one of the best moisturizers ever...does the job, makes the skin supple and smooth but doesn't have a greasy film. I use retin-a so my natural moisture barrier is negligible, but this makes my skin comfortable even in winter air. doesn't cause breakouts...and I break out rather easily. pretty inexpensive for what it is. buy it! NOW!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can not thank this website enough for leading me to this product! I have rather ruddy, somewhat rough, sensitive skin that is sometimes extremely dry, sometimes not as much so. When I try to use moisturizers for dry, senstive skin, without fail, I break out or have a terrible reaction (red bumps sound familiar to anyone out there?!?). The long list of product lines I have tried using is embarassing (and the money I have spent along the way is appalling). So, I checked out the best reviewed MUA moisturizers and found this one. This is the VERY BEST moisturizer I have ever used in my life. Alba Botanica is a "whole foods" kind of beauty product. It's not tested on animals and has very few synthetic ingredients. It is very reasonably priced for a moisturizer (I paid $15.99US)-especially in comparison to the $45.00US I spent on Estee Lauder's DayWear moisturizer, which was a total waste. The scent is somewhat strong at first (in an essential oil kind of manner, NOT perfume-y), but fades very quickly. Oddly, when I first put it on, it feels actually feels rather tacky, but an hour later my face feels soft as silk. When I put a thin layer on at night, the next morning, my face feels soothed and soft. I have never had an irritated reaction to this product (and I have reacted to everything) and I could not be more pleased. I am surprised that it is not marketed for sensitive skin. It's WONDERFUL!

***UPDATE***
Well, I was pleased with this product for about a month...and then the inevitable irritation began. I think this would be a wonderful moisturizer for some people, but it gave me terrible acne on my cheeks (which I usually never get). Alas, the search continues.