Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

on 11/21/2005 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this product is shit hot. probably one of the best moisturizers ever...does the job, makes the skin supple and smooth but doesn't have a greasy film. I use retin-a so my natural moisture barrier is negligible, but this makes my skin comfortable even in winter air. doesn't cause breakouts...and I break out rather easily. pretty inexpensive for what it is. buy it! NOW!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can not thank this website enough for leading me to this product! I have rather ruddy, somewhat rough, sensitive skin that is sometimes extremely dry, sometimes not as much so. When I try to use moisturizers for dry, senstive skin, without fail, I break out or have a terrible reaction (red bumps sound familiar to anyone out there?!?). The long list of product lines I have tried using is embarassing (and the money I have spent along the way is appalling). So, I checked out the best reviewed MUA moisturizers and found this one. This is the VERY BEST moisturizer I have ever used in my life. Alba Botanica is a "whole foods" kind of beauty product. It's not tested on animals and has very few synthetic ingredients. It is very reasonably priced for a moisturizer (I paid $15.99US)-especially in comparison to the $45.00US I spent on Estee Lauder's DayWear moisturizer, which was a total waste. The scent is somewhat strong at first (in an essential oil kind of manner, NOT perfume-y), but fades very quickly. Oddly, when I first put it on, it feels actually feels rather tacky, but an hour later my face feels soft as silk. When I put a thin layer on at night, the next morning, my face feels soothed and soft. I have never had an irritated reaction to this product (and I have reacted to everything) and I could not be more pleased. I am surprised that it is not marketed for sensitive skin. It's WONDERFUL!

***UPDATE***
Well, I was pleased with this product for about a month...and then the inevitable irritation began. I think this would be a wonderful moisturizer for some people, but it gave me terrible acne on my cheeks (which I usually never get). Alas, the search continues.

on 11/11/2005 11:41:00 AM

What a great moisturizer. I have only used it one night but already can tell its going to be my staple night cream. My skin is combo but sensitive and usually will break out from a product within the first day of using it. This just left my skin feeling soft! I love that the product is 76% organic, which for me can spell bad breakouts but not with this cream. The only thing that stood out in a slightly negative way was the smell. Its not bad it just lingers for a while after you put the cream on. I would really recommend this if you need a good night time cream. UPDATE: NEver mind, i broke out with this and i really started to hate the smell, it is really strong.

on 11/9/2005 3:55:00 AM

i use this at night now that its winter and i always wake up with smooth and supple skin. this cream is just right for my normal/combo skin. it also helps a lot with the "chicken" skin i have on my cheeks

on 11/3/2005 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Holy-Cow! I freakin' love this cream! I'm so glad i checked MUA for this recommendation! IT's great. The ingredients are PERFECT for my skin--- even after the first nite--i woke up to firmer, plumper, softer, clearer skin! And that was just after the 1st night! i even use this as a day cream (but just a tiny dab for day)--and it looks great under my ZIA powder. I wish i had found this cream years ago... it's awesome. I will definetly buy again. Got it at Whole foods for $9. DEF. WORTH a try! (also, I really like Alba's Sea Lettuce Cleansing Milk and their Hibiscus Toner---i use all 3 of those every night and every morning and my skin has totally transformed. I'm one happy girl. UPDATE: 3/06: I still LOVE THIS! it's my HG cream. i don't wear it everynite-- just 2 or 3x a week, because i don't think it's good to wear any cream everynite, i like to let my skin breathe :) but whenever i do wear this, i notice immediately (by morning) skin clarity, softness, and better tone. This is GREAT stuff. I'm gonna rebuy again and again! :) a little goes a long way too...also, this is great for my neck too! :)

on 11/3/2005 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a GREAT product. I've also been using The Body Shop's Soy and Calendula Night Cream, but the Alba cream is a denser, richer cream with more "slip" to the feel, and my dry dry skin has just sucked it in and loved it. $14.99 for 2 ounces - what a great price! I am also a fan of the Sea Cleansing Milk from this line. Both have an ocean-y fragrance which I happen to like, although I understand if others don't.

on 9/13/2005 5:50:00 PM

I use proactiv so my skin is clear but very dry. I've been searching high and low for a night cream that gives moisture back to my skin without breaking out. This stuff is great and they stopped carrying it at my local store. I switched to Murad's Night Cream and didn't get anywhere near the same results. This stuff smells great and gives really intense moisture. I can't wait to purchase it again!

on 8/16/2005 9:45:00 PM

My aunt gave me this skin cream and I love it. I think I have finally found my HG night cream. I only have to use a very little bit, and this moisturises my skin all night. In the morning, my skin feels so GREAT. I will buy this again, and I think I will buy this for my mother in law. She has dry skin, and I think this would be the perfect cream for her!

on 8/4/2005 4:41:00 PM

This has a sort of odd smell, but it's a nice smooth texture and makes my skin feel moist without feeling greasy. It's a little too heavy to use every night, but I have a feeling that in winter when my skin is drier it's going to be a godsend. Really nice ingredients for the price!

on 7/29/2005 10:04:00 PM

This is a fabulous (and fabulously priced) moisturizer that has the perfect balance -- not too rich and not too light. I use it at night and sometimes I'll even reach for the jar in the morning because I like it so much. I'm not sure if it would be suitable for more problematic, dry skin, but for my normal skin, it works like a dream. I love that it has DMAE, alpha lipoic acid, and vitamin C.