November 21, 2014 | 1814 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by jaypulliam

this product is shit hot. probably one of the best moisturizers ever...does the job, makes the skin supple and smooth but doesn't have a greasy film. I use retin-a so my natural moisture barrier is negligible, but this makes my skin comfortable even in winter air. doesn't cause breakouts...and I break out rather easily. pretty inexpensive for what it is. buy it! NOW!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2005 9:58:00 PM More reviews by happy_blackbird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can not thank this website enough for leading me to this product! I have rather ruddy, somewhat rough, sensitive skin that is sometimes extremely dry, sometimes not as much so. When I try to use moisturizers for dry, senstive skin, without fail, I break out or have a terrible reaction (red bumps sound familiar to anyone out there?!?). The long list of product lines I have tried using is embarassing (and the money I have spent along the way is appalling). So, I checked out the best reviewed MUA moisturizers and found this one. This is the VERY BEST moisturizer I have ever used in my life. Alba Botanica is a "whole foods" kind of beauty product. It's not tested on animals and has very few synthetic ingredients. It is very reasonably priced for a moisturizer (I paid $15.99US)-especially in comparison to the $45.00US I spent on Estee Lauder's DayWear moisturizer, which was a total waste. The scent is somewhat strong at first (in an essential oil kind of manner, NOT perfume-y), but fades very quickly. Oddly, when I first put it on, it feels actually feels rather tacky, but an hour later my face feels soft as silk. When I put a thin layer on at night, the next morning, my face feels soothed and soft. I have never had an irritated reaction to this product (and I have reacted to everything) and I could not be more pleased. I am surprised that it is not marketed for sensitive skin. It's WONDERFUL!

***UPDATE***
Well, I was pleased with this product for about a month...and then the inevitable irritation began. I think this would be a wonderful moisturizer for some people, but it gave me terrible acne on my cheeks (which I usually never get). Alas, the search continues.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2005 11:41:00 AM More reviews by mons327

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a great moisturizer. I have only used it one night but already can tell its going to be my staple night cream. My skin is combo but sensitive and usually will break out from a product within the first day of using it. This just left my skin feeling soft! I love that the product is 76% organic, which for me can spell bad breakouts but not with this cream. The only thing that stood out in a slightly negative way was the smell. Its not bad it just lingers for a while after you put the cream on. I would really recommend this if you need a good night time cream. UPDATE: NEver mind, i broke out with this and i really started to hate the smell, it is really strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2005 3:55:00 AM More reviews by azngel

i use this at night now that its winter and i always wake up with smooth and supple skin. this cream is just right for my normal/combo skin. it also helps a lot with the "chicken" skin i have on my cheeks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy-Cow! I freakin' love this cream! I'm so glad i checked MUA for this recommendation! IT's great. The ingredients are PERFECT for my skin--- even after the first nite--i woke up to firmer, plumper, softer, clearer skin! And that was just after the 1st night! i even use this as a day cream (but just a tiny dab for day)--and it looks great under my ZIA powder. I wish i had found this cream years ago... it's awesome. I will definetly buy again. Got it at Whole foods for $9. DEF. WORTH a try! (also, I really like Alba's Sea Lettuce Cleansing Milk and their Hibiscus Toner---i use all 3 of those every night and every morning and my skin has totally transformed. I'm one happy girl. UPDATE: 3/06: I still LOVE THIS! it's my HG cream. i don't wear it everynite-- just 2 or 3x a week, because i don't think it's good to wear any cream everynite, i like to let my skin breathe :) but whenever i do wear this, i notice immediately (by morning) skin clarity, softness, and better tone. This is GREAT stuff. I'm gonna rebuy again and again! :) a little goes a long way too...also, this is great for my neck too! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 1:47:00 PM More reviews by pretprof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a GREAT product. I've also been using The Body Shop's Soy and Calendula Night Cream, but the Alba cream is a denser, richer cream with more "slip" to the feel, and my dry dry skin has just sucked it in and loved it. $14.99 for 2 ounces - what a great price! I am also a fan of the Sea Cleansing Milk from this line. Both have an ocean-y fragrance which I happen to like, although I understand if others don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2005 5:50:00 PM More reviews by jhlong1

I use proactiv so my skin is clear but very dry. I've been searching high and low for a night cream that gives moisture back to my skin without breaking out. This stuff is great and they stopped carrying it at my local store. I switched to Murad's Night Cream and didn't get anywhere near the same results. This stuff smells great and gives really intense moisture. I can't wait to purchase it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 9:45:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My aunt gave me this skin cream and I love it. I think I have finally found my HG night cream. I only have to use a very little bit, and this moisturises my skin all night. In the morning, my skin feels so GREAT. I will buy this again, and I think I will buy this for my mother in law. She has dry skin, and I think this would be the perfect cream for her!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2005 4:41:00 PM More reviews by MsDaphne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has a sort of odd smell, but it's a nice smooth texture and makes my skin feel moist without feeling greasy. It's a little too heavy to use every night, but I have a feeling that in winter when my skin is drier it's going to be a godsend. Really nice ingredients for the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous (and fabulously priced) moisturizer that has the perfect balance -- not too rich and not too light. I use it at night and sometimes I'll even reach for the jar in the morning because I like it so much. I'm not sure if it would be suitable for more problematic, dry skin, but for my normal skin, it works like a dream. I love that it has DMAE, alpha lipoic acid, and vitamin C.