April 16, 2014 | 1479 users online

Concealers - Giorgio Armani - high precision retouch

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Mel44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this concealor and WILL NOT leave home without it on ever again. I have fair skin with pink undertones (very pinky actually), and I bought this in the #3. This is yellow based concealor and since I have pinkish skin, I also wear the armani foundation, but with yellow undertones to counteract the pink, and I found the yellow disguises the dark circles and veins much better than white or pink.
It is so light that you don't feel it and it DOES not sink into fine lines and cause creasing. My concealor before this was Bobbi Brown and it was average in comparison. I love the texture and easy application of this product, but most of all I love the results - I love looking fresh and awake every day and again when I go out at night. I don't even retouch my foundation often, just this concealor under my eyes if I am going out, since these show the effects of stress and tiredness more than anywhere else. I have tried YSL touch eclat, and dior off the top of my head, but nothing has compared to this - like a perfect blend of under eye concealor and highlighter all in one. I have also used it around my nose (when I put too much on once), and it was also very good - but also very light for areas such as pimples that you need a heavier coverage for sometimes.
I can't rave enough about it, and I try and reserve my 5 ratings for exceptional products only - those that I will repurchase over and over again and THIS IS IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 4:29:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such an amazing product I cannot talk enough about it. I love GA e/s but ive never really liked their fdtn, so I was a bit sceptical about this at first. I'M NC25, with dark circles although id say on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being very 'black', I'm a 3. I work as well as go to uni and some nights dont have more than 5 hours sleep, I have tried most of these 'under eye concealers'- for me touche eclat was too white,sheer, dior and guerlain both creased, I actually liked benefit's lyin eyes as it was sheer, yet still gave coverage and most importantly it was a yellow based product which is what im looking for, none of that hidious white chalky fake colour other brands opt for. When I ran out of my benefit i thought id give this a try (and im a sucker for new products!!) It is wonderful! I have shade 3.5 which is the perfect yellow based tone, that highlights and refreshs my whole under eye area! Im amazed...its even better then benefits, the product itself is very thin, so it wont crease but it offers *good* (could be slightly better) coverage- a lot more than benefits. I had 5 hours sleep again last night and no one would ever guess this morning! The only thing i hate is the price 19 for 1ml of product!!!!!!!!! Thats insane, but to be fair ive had it 4 months and still using it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 7:35:00 AM More reviews by MotherPanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK! I got this amazing flawless concealer just today. In Hong Kong there are only three Giorgio Armani stores. Glad that the face designer was so nice to try few tones of concealer for me. The girl picked the #3.5 High Precision Retouch for me but this is not enough to hide my purple brown dark circle. So, she used Fluid Sheer #14 as a base to cover the dark circle first. Then, blend on #3.5 High Precision Retouch. Wow....it is a perfect shade for hiding the dark circle. Then, top with Micro-lif Loose Powder #1 by using the Large Eye Contour Brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by amyelliott

I bought this in #3. #2 looked good, but the makeup artist thought it was a little too white. With the #2, he said he could see the line between this concealer and my foundation. The #3 blends perfectly and you cannot see a demarcation line. I wear LSF #3 for reference. I have yellow undertones in my skin. I cannot believe how great this concealer is. I use it under my eyes only (not on pimples or anything). I don't have dark circles, but the skin there always seems a little blah. Like it looks thin and a little shadowy and maybe a little veiny. This concealer totally brightens the area and it lasts all day. I used to use just foundation under my eyes because I couldn't see buying another product, but I have to say, this is sooo amazing. I have also used the Nars concealer, but it looked a little dry on my undereye. I can't say enough about the Armani High Precision Retouch Concealer. As for the sparkles that one reviewer mentions, there is a slight shimmer when you look at the product on the brush, but it is completely UNnoticeable and GONE once you apply the product. So have no fear of glitter in this product. This does NOT add shimmer to your undereye area. Also, the packaging is NOT like the Touche Eclat or Dior Skinflash. It is simply a hard tube-like the Armani lip shimmer- with a wand and a tiny brush on the end inside. As another reviewer said, the makeup artist recommended putting some product on your hand with the brush, then using a separate concealer brush for applying on your face. Personally, I'm too lazy to do all that, so I just gently dot it on my undereye area and then blend it gently with my ring finger. I love that it stays put all day and doesn't crease. It almost looks as if you've air brushed your undereye area. Beautiful. I know $34 USD is a lot of money, but this product really is worth it. UPDATE: Just wanted to say that I still love this product. Use it every day and I'm still using the same one. For the people who are saying that it looked cakey: 1) try using less. really. I know it sounds silly, but try the less is more technique. Also, your skin really has to be freshly moisturized before using for best results. After washing and drying my face, I apply my moisturizer and eye cream and let them sit for a couple of minutes before applying this concealer. Always looks great. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Marella

I love this concealer and no one is more surprised than I am. I have it in #2 and bought it for use primarily for the shadows and dark circles around my eyes and for touching up the area around my nose. It matches super well to my fair skin with pink undertones. I wear LSF #4. As I have gotten a little older my eyes have become slightly sunken and it causes shadows in the inner corners, and I have tried soooo many concealers that didn't work. Everything from drug store brands, to Cle de Peau, to YSL etc, all of which either caked and settled into my fine lines- which I do not see as an improvement to shadows by the way- or they didn't have enough coverage or both. The Cle de Peau everyone raves about was a caker on me. This concealer is thin and spreads out and you can put on a little or a lot and it blends in well and it covers really nicely and has a nice light reflecting quality as well. The reason that I am surprised is that thin is not supposed to be what you look for in covering dark circles and shadows from everything that I have ever read, but this one WORKS! Better than all I have tried. I am thrilled with it. I haven't attempted to use the retouch in concealing blemishes or other imperfections so I can't comment on how it works there, but if you have dark circles I would recommend that you definitely try this. I got mine from ebay actually at less than half the original cost, but I would pay full price now in a minute. Excellent product. It really works well as an primer for your eyelids to even them out before eyeshadow as well. Edited- because I found that Benefit Boing of all things is a stickier concealer and covers dark cirles better than this alone. However I still like this and it works better on the shadows around my nose and I even use a tiny bit on top of the Boing for a perfect combo product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by beautymania

This concealer covers surprisingly well, considering the very light texture. It has highlighting properties and can be used to fade lines and wrinkles! It's also great as a base on the eyelids before applying eyeshadow. It's a bit like Touche Eclat from YSL, but covers better. Although the packaging appears to be very small, the products lasts a very long time. I've been using it every day since 6 months and there is still plenty in the tube! Fantastic product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2005 8:57:00 AM More reviews by shadowgerl

Well, I like the packaging... but it does not give enough coverage. The sparkles are also kinda weird.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2005 3:42:00 AM More reviews by escebola

What a fantastic discovery! This is a concealer and a highlighter 2 in 1 product. It comes in a small tube with a high precision brush that allows you to apply either a small quantity of the product in whatever flaw you may have (even if it's tiny) or to cover a broader area (i.e., eye circles). It covers all flaws but does not give a theatrical dry-cakey look. On the contrary, it blends easily and effectively into your skin. There is a great choice of shades (especially if you're fair skinned). Higly reccomended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2005 9:11:00 AM More reviews by sconset

This is an incredible concealer/highlighter! It covers blemishes, and discolorations beautifully, and blends into my skin so perfectly that you have no idea there is any make-up on at all. I don't even need powder after using this. I have not had ANY creasing issues w/ this under my eyes either. The color choices work for me very well. I usually have difficulty finding a good match for my skin, but this blends perfectly, like it was made for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This is a very nice product but I am not entirely wowed by it either. I don't really understand the comparisons to Touche Eclat and Skinflash - to me, this is not a highlighter pen, this is just a liquid concealer with a brush. And while the coverage is good, it doesn't provide the magic of Cle de Peau or Marais on my dark circles. I'd also wager that it's more expensive in the long run, since this is such a tiny amount and liquid goes so much faster than a cream stick - on me anyway. As for not going into fine lines, I don't really have any harsh ones but as this doesn't feel too moisturizing, I'm not sure I believe that claim.