Versace Crystal Noir

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, I love the idea of this fragrance. I love coconut and white florals, and the intial spray is delicious to me. The problem is what happens after. The coconut and gardenia mostly disappear within 15 minutes, leaving me with just amber and sandalwood. Those two notes are nice if blended softly, but on me they are STRONG and I get a headache at this point (amber-y perfumes have been known to give me headaches before). I still gave this 4 lippies because I really wanted it to work on me, and I adore the way it smells at first.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have not bought this wonderful, sexy and yet mysteious fragrance yet, but finishing up the sample vial i got at sephora...anyhow..
It's soooo sexy, very warm but sweet on my skin. (i'm usually not crazy about florals unless they have a nice sweetness to them and go very well with my body chemistry!!)THIS WILL BE MY HG FRAGRANCE WHEN I BUY IT! This scent lingers on all day long on me, and so far ive gotten a few complimpliments wearing this fragrance, i will definatly be buying a bottle of this. <3 it.

EDIT: omg i just ordered a mini bottle of this on ebay for just $8.99, i wanna try it out afew more times first before i really make up my mind. i finished up my samples and i absolutly thought this fragrance can be my signiture because it lasts on my skin for sooooo long, i absolutly loooove this sensual, warm and comforting fragrance...LOVE THE NAME TOO! versace crystal noir, couldnt be more accurate and smells exactly like the name lol.and the bottle would look so beautiful on my vanity, so thats a plus.(but its the juice in it that counts!) and i <333's it.

I was shopping with my mom at Ulta and tried it based on the name... thought about it for a while, ended up sniffing again at Perfumania and purchasing. I know its a little expensive otherwise, so I'm glad I got it there.

It lasts ages on me, and I love the mix of sweet/citrus with the darker notes of sandalwood. Like others, I smell a bit of coconut.

My only drawback (from giving it a 5) is that sometimes the citrus notes are a little TOO powerful for me. Overall, its wonderful, and my hubby likes it too.

This is a dark, spicy, sexy perfume and I agree with one reviewer saying it goes well with sexy lingerie! The bottle is fantastic, so glamorous (a little bit heavy though) I bought the fragrance because someone told me it smelled like coconut and vanilla - it's not listed in the notes of the fragrance - but to me it does smell like coconut and vanilla, I also agree on the lemon note (even though it's not listed). Most oriental and woody scents can be heavy and too sweet, but this is not a problem with Crystal Noir. It's subtle but sexy. Love it!

When first applied it smells kind of lemony to me- I see where the bug spray/raid comparison comes from.It dries down to something warm and very close to the skin. I find it actually hard to smell at all. I like stronger fragrances, where one or two spritzes are enough to keep me going at least half a day. This one is so close to the skin, that I feel I have no perfume on unless I put my arm to my nose. So it is quite subtle. Not sexy or alluring to me at all.I will not repurchase and will try and resell my own bottle fast.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

MMMMMMM I am so glad I found reviews for this here, which prompted me to go try this. I had been searching for a new scent and nothing really grabbed my attention, or worked well with my chemistry (Hermes hates me, i'm convinced of it!) Others have already explained the scent and notes, so I'll just say it's worth a try. It leaves me with a sweetly warm feeling. And the bottle is indeed quite lovely! Would repurchase.

I tried this over a year ago and spent all the afternoon compulsively sniffing my wrist.
Then I spent days compulsively sniffing the blotter the salesgirl had given me.
I didn't want to buy it because -I admit it- I am prejudiced against Versace (too ostentatious, not modern enough or classic enough, etc). Well, today I couldn't resist anymore and bought it. I am so glad about it: it is sultry, deep, sweet but not enough to be cloying, undeniably feminine, totally in your face and reminiscent of the smell of gardenias in hot Summer nights. Beautiful.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was motivated to buy this blindly (sniff-less) because I'd heard that it shared similar notes with Euphoria.

Oriental, yes. Spicy, yes. But without the marshmallowy top notes and sugar that makes Euphoria suitable for daytime.

This is a date night perfume. This is for wearing with black lingerie. Too heavy, too sultry for work or school or casual wear.

But I am enjoying. :D

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The first time I tried this I loved it. I almost purchased it on the spot but because I am fickle about fragrances I decided to wait. I tried it again today and there is a note in there that turns my stomach. It reminds me of dimetapp kind of. The bottle is beautiful and I am baffled about not liking it this time around. Bizarre.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I received this fragrance in a swap from an amazing swapper (having never smelled it) and I'm totally addicted to it. It's has a sweet opening which I love, but then it has a very interesting warm, almost spicy dry down which is also amazing. This is my new perfect "I don't know what else to wear" fragrance. It has average lasting power, about 4-5 hours in the EDT form. The bottle is absolutely beautiful as well; it's almost one of those 'so ugly it's pretty' cases but overall STUNNING. I am totally going to buy this fragrance again!

I would advise trying this on before you buy though, because it smells great on me, but HORRIBLE on my mom- she had to wipe it off.

Popular Fragrances