November 26, 2014 | 1726 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by VanillaSnow4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC30/35 and Kinda Sexy has been my favourite MAC lipstick for quite some time now. It is a really nice neutral pink brown colour.

I think it would suit anyone with medium-fair skin, dark(ish) hair and brown/green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by andreacaracortada

just discovered this lipstick in my stash the other day and although in the beginning I didn;t like it that much, I have to say I really love it now. I am nc20 and this is a great lipstick for a light, pale skin with yellow undertones. the colour, is brownish pink but it manages to give some colour to a light/pale skin. i normally wear it with laura mercier's wild bouquet blush and it makes my skin more alive, more fresh, classy, nude but with colour. i also love the matte texture and would def repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by giveitabreak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the color of this lipstick, but not the matte formula. I can not wear this alone. I need to put some gloss over it otherwise it's very very dry looking - not attractive.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by mkupmad727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i wouldnt buy again because i feel this will last me a very long time!!!
im nc30-35 and this really blends in to my lips well. looks real and doesnt scream im wearing lipstick if that makes sense. i did buy this after seeing swatches in the picture section of makeupalley. i must say that it reads more rosey pink than peach on me. but definately a mixture of both. for me it is a nude but without the pale pasty beigey colours that nudes are associated with. i do have a gripe with this in that it is matte which does feel drying on my lips. but i have only just got into lipsticks i only ever use to wear glosses. but im loving it. definately summery and would go with most looks. dark brown hair tanned yellow undertones tendency towards sallowness, and grey eyes

update washes me out doesnt swatch on the lips as it looks in the tube,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by upnadam

i realy like this neautral lipstick.
its a warm peachy shade and matches my lips well.
another great use i found for this is to use it as a blush!! (im and NC30 -35). it makes a realy natural looking blush and when its used on both cheek and lips at the same time they go realy well together.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous! I love, love, love this color. It is a medium peachy color that isn't really nude...though I guess on some people I can see how it would seem that way. On me, it is so so pretty. It's peach but not too bright or in your face. It is very flattering on tanned skin and it's definitely my fav. for summer. It's matte in appearance but doesn't feel dry on my lips. It actually feels like silk...sooo nice!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by rochas2

To me this is a dusty desert rose color. There are some coral/peachy hints and this is *not nude*. I really love it on tanned skin and I love the matte look. Although I'm kinda liking this color, it is not "neutral pinky-rose" or as light as it appears in swatches. If this is too bright for you, get Honeylove, it's got a similar hue but is much more toned down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ddddggg

I love this matte lipstick from MAC. It's a neutral color, excellent if combined with a smokey eye. I like it a lot, because it does not give your lips a nude look.. I find nude lips a no-go. This color is beautifully mat, and accentuates a normal lip color.. Recommendable!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by benisas

I'm NC30 in the winter and C3 in the summer with mauvey, sometimes purpley, VERY pigmented lips and Kinda Sexy makes my lips a brighter and pinkier MLBB colour. I don't usually wear pink lipstick but this is nice! It is matte but I love matte as its understated. Anyway, it works to cover my pigmented lips and looks natural but somehow brightens your face!! I wear this with blushbaby from mac and its a natural, easy look when pair with tan pigment and some embark in the crease. I would definitely repurchase but my HG nude, MLBB peachier version is Revlon Almost Nude. I know it's a DS brand but that colour mutes out pigmented lips and looks REALLY good and brightens your face! Check out my review on that too. Kinda Sexy is *almost* HG status but its a bit pink still. I am looking to try Clinique's Blushing Nude for a true MLBB pinky-brown-beige. Overall, I like this and its great for an everyday natural look for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very natural nude peachy beige colour. Definitely warm toned. Colour wise, it didn't look nice on me. Under certain lighting, there are some peachy orangey undertones that don't flatter my skin. At other times, it appears as a neutral earth toned colour with slight orangey undertones. Formula wise though, it is lasting and I can still see it on my lips even after a meal. However, it can be very drying. Not recommended for people with dry lips. But one can apply some lip balm before applying this lipstick or apply a lip gloss over it. That should help. I probably won't buy this again.