September 21, 2014 | 1938 users online

Treatments (Face) - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2005 12:19:00 AM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I just purchased this a few hours ago at my local Trader Joe's. Right when I arrived home, I dotted the solution on my two zits. After a few hours, I noticed that one of the zits reduced--in size--a bit. I love the herbal scent and convienient packaging. Very portable and smells fantastic! I also used this stick on my flea bites, and so far, they have stopped itching!! Another great thing about this stick is that it doesn't test on animals (stopanimaltesting.com) AND it's 100% natural! I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by bethainy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm only giving this 3 lipsticks because I haven't really seen a major improvement on my zits. I've been using it for about a month now, and it seems to work pretty good. Very strong smell, but I like it. It's easy to apply as well. All I can say is try it, you've only got a few bucks to loose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 9:04:00 AM More reviews by chs1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have combination skin and I rarely break out but I have been using this stuff for years. It really works and is safer for your skin than a benzoyl peroxide-based formulation.

The smell may be strong but if you get used to it you will find it not only kills pimples but it opens up a stuffy nose quite effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2005 2:00:00 AM More reviews by nadi1010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! I constantly get breakouts, especially during the summer, because I sweat alot. Well, I take this to the pool with me, and when I come in, I use Oil of Olay wet face wipes for sensitive skin to wipe my face off, and then put this on, and voila, no zits! I use this after I work out, have been sweating for whatever reason, etc. I have noticed that when I put the stick on zits that are just cominp up, it literally ZAPS them! It is non-drying too, and I don't mind the strong smell, cause that reassures me it is working! I love this stuff, will definately repurchase, although I am interested to see if it dries me out during the winter(although I have less of a need for zapping zits during the winter)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2005 12:24:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I got some monster zits recently (from Physician's Formula Mineral Wear--it's for sensitive/acne-prone skin and it breaks me out--figures!) and my BP cream wasn't enough since I wanted something that would work during the day to get rid of 'em ASAP but wasn't going to mess with my makeup or be noticeable in general. Was picking up some stuff at the local Whole Foods and looked around the beauty aisle for something relatively cheap. This was about 6 USD, I think, and had Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, and lots of other natural, identifiable ingredients. It comes in a frosted glass roll-on tube--quite portable, though I worry a bit about leakage. The product itself is a clear, light liquid that absorbs/dries quickly and leaves no trace of its presence. So this is perfect for reapplication during the day (directions say 4-6x, I think). I've only been using this for about three days along with 2.5% BP at night and have noticed a general reduction in redness, size/swelling and pain. I don't mind the scent at all (strongly herbal, but fades quickly). There's sometimes a slight stinging, but it's totally bearable. Would definitely repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 5:22:00 AM More reviews by xdegenerate

I have used this stuff for years and it is great. Non-irritating, portable, effect. the review below says it all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ceruleanbl85

i saw this in the store and thought it sounded like an interesting alternative to salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide so i thought i would try it on my occasional acne. after using it for about a week or so, i didn't see any spectacular effects, plus it smelled strongly and was really drying on my skin. i did like though that it came in a roller package so that i didn't have to use my finger. in the future i doubt i will rebuy this since i think other things work better for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2005 2:23:00 AM More reviews by seasplash

I got this at Whole Foods the other day and so far I love it! It cames in a cute, portable roll-on pen and it's packed with natural yet effective zit-zapping and skin calming ingredients such as tea-tree oil, chamomile and calendula.
I don't have a major acne problem or anything, but my skin is far from being flawless. I always have at least one annoying blemish on my face and this works like a charm in getting rid of it without irritating the area. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 4:52:00 AM More reviews by franknbeans82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such great results with Desert Essence's tea tree face wash that I could hardly wait to try this blemish stick. I assumed it would be great to use for spot treating throughout the day. The face wash is the only product to actually zap my zits (and w/o being drying), and I thought the blemish stick would have similar ingredients and work just as well. However, I found it to be a big disappointment. Unfortunately, it seems to have absolutely no zit-zapping power whatsoever. Thumbs down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2005 6:18:00 PM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this painful zit on my cheek right now, so I bought some of this stuff, because I cannot put chemicals like benzoyl peroxide on my skin right now. I read the good reviews here, so I bought one at my local health food store. I've only been using it a day, but so far, I like it. The zit only looks a tiny bit better, but what is REALLY making me love this stuff is the fact that it numbed the pain the zit was causing. I was so happy about that. I can smile without wincing afterwards! So, this gets a 4 and a yes to repurchase, just for the relief it provides. If it zaps this mondo zit within the next few days, I'm bumping it up to a five. UPDATE: After over a week, the zit is almost gone. I suppose this stuff didn't have a huge effect on the healing time, but it did take the pain away. Also, whenever I put it on a small bump, it stops it from turning into a zit. So, it's a five anyway, because it's EXCELLENT for preventing blemishes. It's also the only spot treatment out there that DOESN'T dry out my skin.