April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by angelbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So love this foundation! I'm only going to echo the rave reviews..I like the coverage..wish it was a tad fuller coverage..but really thats my only issue...and the way expensive price. My most fav thing is how it makes my skin feel..and the cooling and calming effect it has. My skin is so happy with this foundation. And with my foundation addiction..I do get caught up in the hype..and try the latest and greatest..only to come back running to to future skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by papergirl38

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the way this foundation looks, it's so natural and dewey on my skin and just makes me look very refreshed without the "mask" look that I've seen with so many other foundations. I don't even need that much and it goes on so smooth and blends very easily. I'd recommend getting the foundation stick with it for optimal results. I went to the counter and bought the cream first, but the artist used it in conjunction with the stick, and it looked much better. Many women are two toned on their faces, so it really does work to use two different colors and to blend your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've decided to get away from the too perfect look that Dior Forever fluid provides. (I caught myself in a mirror recently & I looked more masky than "naturally perfect.")

Where to begin . . . with Future Skin I look Parisian. Seriously! Women in Paris have an amazing, super-minimalist look. Their goal is to look *naturally* beautiful, so they apply makeup lightly & you notice *their face*, not their makeup. With Future Skin, I get enough coverage for sun spots, blotchy skin tone, etc., but it's non-masky coverage. I don't look like I do w/Dior Forever, but I like this new look more. It's more real, more refreshing, and more YOUTHFUL! There, I said it.

Application: A dime-sized dollop on my palm & dip MAC 187. Swirl/pat lightly all around. I need 2 dime dollops. If you need extra coverage, you can apply concealer FIRST, per the Chantecaille SA. I thought that was odd, but I tried it, using MUFE Full Cover #6 on some sunspots. Then I gently patted on the FS w/187 and it did not remove the concealer, and it provided more coverage w/out the maskiness of full-face coverage.

Texture: Glides on like smooth, silky souffle. Lovely, dewy glow. I have normal skin, so I think this would be best for dry & normal skin, as the glow factor may be too much for oily skin.

Shade: I am NC20ish (Dior Forever 021; Chanel TI Clair/Cameo; CdP BF20; BB Luminous Warm Sand) and I use Camomile, which is the lightest of the Yellow shades. It gives me a little color - a slightly golden look, which counteracts the pink in my cheeks.

Lasts all day. I have to insist that women who are used to full-coverage foundations give this one a whirl. You may find, as I did, that you look a lot better when you're a bit less covered up! I absolutely ADORE this foundation.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Luna_llena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I have tried. I have fair skin proned to irritation and Future skin doesn't upset my skin and leaves me looking perfect. I love how easy to apply it is and how it makes you look naturally flawless. It isn't cheap but it is well worth buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by stephel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This used to be my go-to foundation several years ago. So, when Neiman's had their Beauty Week, I thought I'd go back to it. I don't know if they reformulated, or if I got a "bad" product, but my usual shade (Ivory) looks more orange than the faint pink I remembered it to be. The foundation is also a lot more difficult to wash off than I remembered. I had to use two applications of toner to get rid of the residue that remained after I washed my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by tazyi786

This is my favourite foundation to date. After several years of searching for a foundation colour close to my skin colour, Shea has been the best so far. I also like the consistency of it. It's very light on your skin and last all day even without a primer. I do feel this foundation is fairly expensive especially in comparison to MAC and even Nars. However, you don't need much at all for a good coverage, so it lasts about 8 months of close to daily wear. I will definitely be forking out another when mine runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I wear Vanilla or a combination of Vanilla and Nude. The texture of this foundation is amazing. It gives great coverage and is velvety smooth. It makes your skin look flawless. It's rather expensive, but a jar will last you a season. I am not really crazy about the jar, I use a spatula to remove it so I dont have to use my fingers. This is not the only foundation I use, but it really is an amazing product, I love this look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by lynniepoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG foundation! Every time I purchase a foundation, I think I've hit jack pot and that this is THE ONE! But after a couple of months, the flaws start to show and I end up dumping it.

Not so with Chantecaille's Future Skin :)

First of all, I believe this is a Liquid foundation rather than a Crème so someone should really change the category. Secondly, Chantecaille's Future Skin is horribly expensive - I shelled out £49 for this at upmarket Space NK Apothecary.

Alabaster is just about right for my neutral-yellow skin tone. The first SA at a different Space NK recommended Chamomile and applied it on my skin. I bought it as it looked ok under the store's bright lights. As the day wore on (after countless checking at mirrors), I realise that Chamomile is too sallow/yellow for me. I pop into a different Space NK and this SA (bless her soul, I forgot her name) was extremely helpful. She explained that Chanteceille divides their colour chart into 3 tonal categories - yellow, neutral and pink. Within each category, there are varying shades (light to dark). So, the lightest shades are Chamomile (more yellow tone), Alabaster (neutral) and Ivory (more pink tone). The SA said although I was Oriental, my facial skin was neutral with slight redness. It turned out Alabaster was perfect for me. :) So, please, get an experienced and knowledgable SA to colour-match your skin tone if you're uncapable/unsure.

PROS: The texture is out of this world. I have never used anything like this before. It is moisturising but not oily. Upon application, it is a smooth liquid that blends in with your skin perfectly. It then magically transforms into a gel like texture so it feels cool and light. (If you desire a full coverage foundation, then this is not for you. Chantecaille will even out your skin tone and diminish the appearance of minor flaws but will not cover up bad acne scars or discolouration.) The appearance is slightly dewy but not oily - a perfect balance between matte and shine. It looks so natural that you can't tell I have foundation on. You can use it with Chanteceille's Loose Powder if you want to mattify the dewy look. This combination has garnered me compliments on my skin! :) And trust me, my skin is not perfect.

CONS: Horribly expensive - you must be willing and able to shell out a lot of money. Jar packaging - looks nice and sleek but is terribly unhygienic. I use a cotton bud to get the foundation out and I quickly screw it back the cap on wheneever I use it.

Just about perfect! :)

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I already have and like Chantecaille Real Skin SPF30 Foundation in #Fresh and got a sample of Future Skin in #Alabaster to try from another lovely MUAer. I have dry, sensitive Rosacan skin and I'm a neutral toned NW/NC10.
First of all: Chantecaille is a great brand with beautiful products. They are expensive but certainly worth it. Don't look for Chantecaille if you're after bright, bold colours and thick, heavy textures; the products deliver natural, sheer, not overly "made-up" effects like your skin but better and offer shades like your lips/eyes/cheeks but better. So not for the drama queens out there;-)
Now on Future Skin: it's a water based, gel type foundation which means it doesn't contain any oil. Very hydrating, refreshing texture and it blends in like a dream. Also it's quite buildable but without looking fake or mask-like; truly your skin but better. It offers enough coverage to even out my ruddy cheeks. The finish is satin so not matte but not dewy either; very natural. However the shade turned out to be too yellow and too dark, even after much blending. I can pull of slightly yellow toned foundations but #Alabaster is a tad too much unfortunately. It's not like I'm looking jaundiced but it's just slightly "off". The next slightly more pink shade is #Ivory, which is even darker than #Alabaster unfortunately (would suit NW20).
Also I found Future Skin isn't moisturizing enough for my very dry skin. After a full day of wearing it I noticed some flaky patches and my skin felt a bit tight. Even in summer when using my heavier winter moisturizer it's just not moisturizing enough for my dry skin.
Based on the shade and the texture I'll stick to Real Skin but if you can find a shade match and don't have overly dry skin I highly recommend giving this foundation a try! Update: I tried FS in the new, lighter shade #Porcelain and it's a perfect match! #Porcelain is a very pale, neutral shade and would suit NW/NC10 or slightly lighter. *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Winthrop44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have rosacea with very sensitive skin and can't tolerate many commonly used ingredients including alcohol, bismuth, chemical sunscreens, zea mays corn starch, propylene glycol, pentylene glycol, castor oil, jojoba oil (yes, really!), mineral oil, petrolatum, essential oils, sandalwood, linalool and lots of other oils and fragrances. All of these ingredients sting my skin, light up my cheeks bright red, itch like crazy and/or break me out. I am also pale. These things make finding foundations difficult at best.

Future Skin does not contain chemical sunscreen or anything else that has irritated my skin in the past. Please see mskilicious's review for a great breakdown of shades, one page back from my review (although note that Porcelain, the lightest neutral shade, was released later on). I apply this with my fingers, only where needed, over my usual moisturizer (MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream) and MAC Prep + Prime Skin. Like Real Skin SPF30, this foundation is incredibly blendable and truly gives a 'your skin but better' look. Future Skin is a bit more dewy looking than Real Skin on me. Because it glides over my skin more easily, and a jar of this lasts alot longer than a Real Skin compact (and is thus really not that expensive over the long run), I have a preference for Future Skin. I'm a light NC15, matching NC15 only in MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation, which runs lighter and more neutral than their other NC15 foundations. In Future Skin Alabaster is a bit too dark for me (it's closer to NC20 than NC15) and Porcelain is slightly light (close to NC10); I'm currently wearing Porcelain and I'm very happy with it. Because the formula is so blendable yet so pigment-rich I can use this just where I need it and blend it out to where it looks gorgeous - it just gives my skin a certain diffused/airbrushed look that no other foundation does. The only negative is the limited availability - currently online at NM, Saks and Chante's own web site. My closest Saks (1.5 hours away) does not carry Chante. I've heard that Nordstrom may carry Chantecaille in the future but have no idea how true this is. I can only hope! I highly recommend that rosaceans and other sensitive skin types give both Chantecaille Future Skin and Real Skin SPF30 a try! MAC NC10-15/C1/Alima N1 for ref

Just click continued to see a comparison pic with some other products:

LM Silk Creme Soft Ivory - Chantecaille Future Skin Alabaster - Chantecaille Future Skin Porcelain - MAC Studio Moisture Tint Light

continued >>