August 23, 2014 | 940 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by chanteuselaur

I love this foundation and have recommended it to friends who then became addicted. It is treating your skin and nourishing it, so you could get away with minimal products before you apply. It is dewey and not too masky. The only downfall is the price. I love the alabaster shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by susieF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i also went for alabaster, even though i would normally choose the yellowest tones of the spectrum. it's absolute delight on the skin, as if one were wearing absolutely nothing. the coverage is light, but cancels out reddishnes rather nicely. i still need concealer, but then that's the way i prefer it - cover up only where necessary. it does seem to sink into the skin - this isn't completely positive, as it slightly emphasizes surface structure - in my case pores. that's why i think it definitely benefits from a primer. this is a bit of a shame, since all the "goodness" packed into it would then sit on top of the primer as well. i still prefer my paul&joe for superior finish, but otherwise will go with this - for the duration of this jar, at least :)

edit 19/05/09: adding, this lasted amazingly well on my last trip, even in hot humid conditions - a big plus. however, the jar is absolute pain to travel with. it's a solution to a life of sitting still by your vanitytable - and even then a bad one.

edit 16/06/09: I have stopped using a primer and now prep with a bit more heavyhanded moisturizing - it works. But the reason why i keep editing is the effect on my skin. not much else has changed, so i'm taking it's this foundation that's doing all the good. there's a lot less there to cover, and what little comes up seems more superficial and smaller than "normally". this is turning out to be a keeper.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by angelbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So love this foundation! I'm only going to echo the rave reviews..I like the coverage..wish it was a tad fuller coverage..but really thats my only issue...and the way expensive price. My most fav thing is how it makes my skin feel..and the cooling and calming effect it has. My skin is so happy with this foundation. And with my foundation addiction..I do get caught up in the hype..and try the latest and greatest..only to come back running to to future skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by papergirl38

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the way this foundation looks, it's so natural and dewey on my skin and just makes me look very refreshed without the "mask" look that I've seen with so many other foundations. I don't even need that much and it goes on so smooth and blends very easily. I'd recommend getting the foundation stick with it for optimal results. I went to the counter and bought the cream first, but the artist used it in conjunction with the stick, and it looked much better. Many women are two toned on their faces, so it really does work to use two different colors and to blend your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've decided to get away from the too perfect look that Dior Forever fluid provides. (I caught myself in a mirror recently & I looked more masky than "naturally perfect.")

Where to begin . . . with Future Skin I look Parisian. Seriously! Women in Paris have an amazing, super-minimalist look. Their goal is to look *naturally* beautiful, so they apply makeup lightly & you notice *their face*, not their makeup. With Future Skin, I get enough coverage for sun spots, blotchy skin tone, etc., but it's non-masky coverage. I don't look like I do w/Dior Forever, but I like this new look more. It's more real, more refreshing, and more YOUTHFUL! There, I said it.

Application: A dime-sized dollop on my palm & dip MAC 187. Swirl/pat lightly all around. I need 2 dime dollops. If you need extra coverage, you can apply concealer FIRST, per the Chantecaille SA. I thought that was odd, but I tried it, using MUFE Full Cover #6 on some sunspots. Then I gently patted on the FS w/187 and it did not remove the concealer, and it provided more coverage w/out the maskiness of full-face coverage.

Texture: Glides on like smooth, silky souffle. Lovely, dewy glow. I have normal skin, so I think this would be best for dry & normal skin, as the glow factor may be too much for oily skin.

Shade: I am NC20ish (Dior Forever 021; Chanel TI Clair/Cameo; CdP BF20; BB Luminous Warm Sand) and I use Camomile, which is the lightest of the Yellow shades. It gives me a little color - a slightly golden look, which counteracts the pink in my cheeks.

Lasts all day. I have to insist that women who are used to full-coverage foundations give this one a whirl. You may find, as I did, that you look a lot better when you're a bit less covered up! I absolutely ADORE this foundation.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Luna_llena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I have tried. I have fair skin proned to irritation and Future skin doesn't upset my skin and leaves me looking perfect. I love how easy to apply it is and how it makes you look naturally flawless. It isn't cheap but it is well worth buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by stephel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This used to be my go-to foundation several years ago. So, when Neiman's had their Beauty Week, I thought I'd go back to it. I don't know if they reformulated, or if I got a "bad" product, but my usual shade (Ivory) looks more orange than the faint pink I remembered it to be. The foundation is also a lot more difficult to wash off than I remembered. I had to use two applications of toner to get rid of the residue that remained after I washed my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by tazyi786

This is my favourite foundation to date. After several years of searching for a foundation colour close to my skin colour, Shea has been the best so far. I also like the consistency of it. It's very light on your skin and last all day even without a primer. I do feel this foundation is fairly expensive especially in comparison to MAC and even Nars. However, you don't need much at all for a good coverage, so it lasts about 8 months of close to daily wear. I will definitely be forking out another when mine runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I wear Vanilla or a combination of Vanilla and Nude. The texture of this foundation is amazing. It gives great coverage and is velvety smooth. It makes your skin look flawless. It's rather expensive, but a jar will last you a season. I am not really crazy about the jar, I use a spatula to remove it so I dont have to use my fingers. This is not the only foundation I use, but it really is an amazing product, I love this look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by lynniepoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG foundation! Every time I purchase a foundation, I think I've hit jack pot and that this is THE ONE! But after a couple of months, the flaws start to show and I end up dumping it.

Not so with Chantecaille's Future Skin :)

First of all, I believe this is a Liquid foundation rather than a Crème so someone should really change the category. Secondly, Chantecaille's Future Skin is horribly expensive - I shelled out £49 for this at upmarket Space NK Apothecary.

Alabaster is just about right for my neutral-yellow skin tone. The first SA at a different Space NK recommended Chamomile and applied it on my skin. I bought it as it looked ok under the store's bright lights. As the day wore on (after countless checking at mirrors), I realise that Chamomile is too sallow/yellow for me. I pop into a different Space NK and this SA (bless her soul, I forgot her name) was extremely helpful. She explained that Chanteceille divides their colour chart into 3 tonal categories - yellow, neutral and pink. Within each category, there are varying shades (light to dark). So, the lightest shades are Chamomile (more yellow tone), Alabaster (neutral) and Ivory (more pink tone). The SA said although I was Oriental, my facial skin was neutral with slight redness. It turned out Alabaster was perfect for me. :) So, please, get an experienced and knowledgable SA to colour-match your skin tone if you're uncapable/unsure.

PROS: The texture is out of this world. I have never used anything like this before. It is moisturising but not oily. Upon application, it is a smooth liquid that blends in with your skin perfectly. It then magically transforms into a gel like texture so it feels cool and light. (If you desire a full coverage foundation, then this is not for you. Chantecaille will even out your skin tone and diminish the appearance of minor flaws but will not cover up bad acne scars or discolouration.) The appearance is slightly dewy but not oily - a perfect balance between matte and shine. It looks so natural that you can't tell I have foundation on. You can use it with Chanteceille's Loose Powder if you want to mattify the dewy look. This combination has garnered me compliments on my skin! :) And trust me, my skin is not perfect.

CONS: Horribly expensive - you must be willing and able to shell out a lot of money. Jar packaging - looks nice and sleek but is terribly unhygienic. I use a cotton bud to get the foundation out and I quickly screw it back the cap on wheneever I use it.

Just about perfect! :)