November 28, 2014 | 1473 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall I like this cleanser as it does cut through any makeup I've thrown at it beautifully. I rub in 3-4 pumps into dry skin and just keep gently rubbing the oil into my skin and making sure not to miss any parts of my face. After that I rinse the oil off and my skin is clean and makeup free (as evidenced by my DDF Glycolic toner) without my skin feeling either greasy or stripped. So far I've tested this cleanser with EL Double Wear, MAC Pro Long Wear, CD Diorskin Forever Flawless, MUFE Mat Velvet+, Revlon Colorstay, NARS Sheer Matte, and a thick sunscreen powder and it has worked beautifully with all of them.

The only thing I do not like and the reason I'm on the fence about repurchasing, is that it seems to me that I need to use way more of this to fully remove makeup than I'm used to using in order to clean my face. When cleaning my face I'm used to using around 3/4 pump of product to one full pump on really grimy days. Having to use 3-4 full pumps means I'm going through this cleanser way faster than I've ever gone through a cleanser before. In the end this cleanser does not feel like a good value for the money. I'm curious about the other oil cleansers on the market, but from what I've seen they're more expensive than this one and I'm concerned that I'll still have to use a lot of product to fully remove makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin that gets irritated really easily and I was skeptical of using cleansing oil.

I have to say I LOVE this cleansing oil! It does not break me out and I noticed it cleaned the makeup off my face really good and cleared up my skin! My skin looks flawless now!
I highly recommend you give this a try! LOVE, LOVEEE IT! <3

It is also mineral free unlike Shu Cleansing oil (which contains minerals). I would love to give Clinique take it off Cleansing Balm a try next!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by NHassan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite a nice product. I tried it for the first time today and I never thought that removing my makeup could be such an easy process. Rubbing the oil in and letting it breakdown the makeup down seemed a bit messy to me however once you lather it up and wash it off with water, you get a very nice clean. It completely got rid of all my makeup, including my eyeliner which is always the hardest part for me to remove. I don't think i'll be going back to the towelettes I used to use unless I get really lazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by bllhjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this for removing makeup. I used to use regular makeup wipes, but they always irritate and tug at my skin too much. The Mac cleanse off oil is very gentle and removes every bit of makeup in no time at all. I like the packaging as well because it has a lock cap to help with any spilling. Great product and it smells wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by equinery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Removes make up well, but if it gets in your eyes it blurs your vision. It makes my eyes red. It did a good job doing what it claims to do, but you have to use a lot of it to get all of your make up off. Not worth the price because of the large amounts needed to fully clean your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin has improved since I started using this before cleansing my face. Before I used this, my face wasn't getting completely clean with just my cleanser. My makeup wasn't getting all the way removed. I purchased this back in March, after reviewing good reviews. I have about 1/4 of product left. This lasts a long time. A little goes along way. It's pricy,but since a little goes such a long way, you'll have this for a while. It's worth it. I apply this and let the makeup come to the surface, then tissue off. After that, I cleanse my face with my daily cleanser. I don't recommend this for removing eye makeup though. It leaves your eyes blurry for a little while if you use it on your eyes. You need a different remover for your eyes. Highly recommend though as a step before your cleanser. Your face will be A LOT cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just love it! I'm on 7th or 8th bottle. It removes EVERYTHING: foundation, eye shadows, even non-waterproof mascara. If I wear really heavy makeup, I follow with gel cleanser after using this oil, and it works beautifully.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by starlit2100

Although this is a great product for removing long wearing foundations, I find that I consistently breakout after using this despite washing my face with my regular face wash. I kept using it for a month hoping that this product wasn't making my acne worse, but it really made me break out worse than i have in years.

I really wanted to like this since it's much easier to take off my makeup with this than using a product like Abolene. However, I'm back to using Abolene since that doesn't cause me to breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by egagne87

I love this stuff. I bought it online as I have previously used a cleansing oil by Biodroga but I hated the smell. I got the travel size and for anyone who doesn't want to travel as they are worried about spills I recommend getting one and refilling it. I just shove it in a ziplock bag and I find it's pretty good in "closed" mode.

It's an amazing product and I have really really dry skin and lashes that the mascara just STICKS to. It's the only thing that I don't have to really rub on my lashes.

It's EXTREMELY important that you use this product on DRY skin, NOT WET. This way it actually gets everything off. Because it is an oil product if there is water on your skin it will make a thin barrier between the product and your skin so it can't really get in there.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by msbuggie

#1 recommended!!
I use it to remove makeup and clean my brush.
Wish they come in bigger bottle!