Estee Lauder Maximum Cover

4.2

Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax, Kaolin, Cholesterol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Glycine Soya Oil, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Bisabolol, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Polyethylene, Dimethyl Octenol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Pentaerythrrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Mica, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77288, CI 77189, CI 77163

on 8/8/2004 7:19:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for five years. I heard a rumor that it was going to be discontinued, and I almost had a heart attack! It is the best foundation that I have ever used. It's waterproof, gives a matte finish, and everyone thinks that I have flawless skin! And it must be gentle because it contains no mineral oil and is suitable after surgery. As a licensed esthetician, this is important to me. ( I use medium deep and have combo/oily skin).

on 7/20/2004 11:06:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this product. The coverage is excellent and I love the light texture of this product. I feel that it is reasonably priced and easy to apply. However, this foundation can look cakey and tends to look a bit mask-like in natural light. I your skin is even remotely dry I would not recommend this foundation as it will highlight any dry patches and look awful. I mix this foundation with a drop of highlighter or moisturiser to make it look a bit more natural and this looks great. I would never be without a tube of this.

on 1/21/2004 2:16:00 AM

NOt sure if this is the one that others have reviewed. They say it is used for the body as well? Doesn't say it on my tube. Mine is a dark blue tube and says Maximum Cover lightweight make up. The shade is light/medium 05.

This is great stuff! I have not found it cakey. It glides on and smooths over my imperfections. I have high colouring on my cheeks and a few thread veins around my nose and it not only covers this but "softens" my colouring. Long lasting. I do need to power though or my nose shines through eventually.

This is the secod time I have bought it and I will continue to do so. The smell doesn't bother me. I don't find it too perfumey. It is waterproof too. A bonus in rainy London!

I bought it from Boots in Hammersmith.

on 1/6/2004 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am fair/combo skin and it did cover well. Looks great when first applied but, doesn't stay natural looking. Very easy to overdo it with no pump. There are cheaper products out there that do the same thing.

on 10/3/2003 9:56:00 AM

I used to use this in shade number 02, but it's not a good match for me anymore. However, this foundation makes a wonderful full-coverage concealer. It lasts all day and covers almost anything.
When I used this product, my rosacea was at its worst, and this stuff didn't irritate it at all.
It's losing one lipstick for the teeny colour selection. Come on, EL! continued >>

on 10/3/2003 9:11:00 AM

i love this foudation. it covers absolutly everything. i find it a bit too cakey if applied with fingers so i use a sponge i find doing that i get a flawless complextion! the only complaint i have is that its a little oily and there is not much of a selection of colours.

This is a good foundation and does hide all faults and imperfections. I have a problem hiding my freckles and this does the job perfectly. My only gripe is that it is a bit cakey in areas where extra coverage is needed, and does not have strong staying power, often having to be touched up during the day.

on 7/2/2003 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I use. It is not thick and goopy, but it amazingly covers up freckles! No need for concealer with this foundation. I have oily skin and this product never causes me to break out. Plus, it's waterproof and has a sunscreen. It's just the best. The color selection is small, but I guess I just got lucky because Creamy Vanilla is a perfect match.

on 3/7/2003 10:22:00 PM

This USED to be a fantastic makeup before they reformulated it to be used on your face AND body. Now it is thick and nasty, and since they changed the colors, it sucks even more. It would be okay if you had a pure pink or yellow face. The old formula felt light and natural and made my face look creamy and beautiful. I've never found a foundation as good as the old formula. Estee Lauder should be ashamed of themselves.

on 1/28/2003 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried to love this, but I couldn't. I bought Vanilla; which ended up being VERY orange when applied..It didn't jive with my skin at all. It ended up looking very masky to me and pooled up in my pores..When you have rosacea, you will do anything to find that HG..This wasn't it for my skin. I looked like Michael Jackson for god's sake..

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW | Estée Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective