April 23, 2014 | 1984 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

5 stars for the scent while using it in the shower. It's fabulous and actually a bit addicting. However, the problem I had was w/how it smelled in the tub afterwards...horrible and (I hate when people use this term) old ladyish (musty?!). Don't know if anyone else has had this problem. Smelled fine on my skin yet I could NOT tolerate the scent it left behind in the bathrom. Oh well. I've learned w/LUSH to make sure I factor in how messy some of their bath products can be and not just focus on the scent. Their products are a real hit and miss for me yet I can't go in there w/o blowing at least $100 (and usually double that)...it's like a kid in a candy store (with a credit card!).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by starjessicam

I love Flying Fox! When I first used it I was visitng my friend in NYC and she had received it as a gift. I thought it was weird, but then I found myself craving the scent. I don't buy this every time I buy shower gel, but 1 - 2 medium bottles a year. I agree, it's a love or hate product. I happen to love it. Lush is also using post-consumer recycled plastic bottles so the packaging gets a 5.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by FadetoSparkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff just smelled like year old moth balls. I tried to get past it but the smell was just too much. I love strong scents but I couldn't shake the stale moth ball scent it was throwing at me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by nunzi182

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love the smell of this shower gel. It leaves my bathroom smelling lovely until the very next day! It's quite pricey but I will continue to purchase it every now and then as a treat.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by KClushie

The smell... You either love it or hate it. I don't think there's an in between.
I happen to enjoy the scent very much, smells exactly like jasmine green tea with honey, and also has an earthiness to it. Once the shower is over, the scent lingers on your skin so this is good for people who a)love the scent and b) want some staying power afterwards, and I mean real staying power. On your skin, in the shower, the whole bathroom and whatever happens to be around the bathroom too for a couple of hours at least.

Just a little produces mounds of foam and bubbles. One point off because it is so cleansing that it is also a bit drying to the skin. It is also expensive at $26.00 for a large bottle, $15.00 for the medium, and about $10 for the smallest 3.3 oz

As for alternate uses, I also use it to wash my intimates and hosiery for more of the lingering jasmine scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Valou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I talk briefly about the shower gel in my silly little YouTube review, here:

This is my favorite shower gel of all time, the fragrance that hooked me onto Lush, and that changed my shower experience forever :) I smell the same "dirty" jasmine as everyone else, and I love it. It's an extremely sensual fragrance, and it makes my bathroom smell wonderful for hours afterwards. Lathers nicely too. Only downside is that once the expiry date has passed, boy oh boy does the fragrance turn!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2008 8:07:00 PM More reviews by fabchic

Lets start out with saying i had high hopes for this one..I love the smell of Jasmine and i was hoping this would smell a lot like the solid shampoo "Godiva"...

Im sad to say that is not the case...this smells NOTHING like Godiva!!! =( So for those of you that love the scent of Godiva..don't be fooled into thinking this shower gel smells the same...because it DOESNT...

I really hate the smell of Flying Fox!!!!!! I cant return it and now im stuck with using it...so i use it on the days im not leaving the house because i don't want people to smell this on me. =(

If for a second i ignore the scent and talk about how this is as a shower gel..i would say it's an OKAY shower gel, very thin consistency (which i prefer) but it doesn't lather as much as id like and on me its very Drying... Also its quite expensive so to me this isn't worth buying..save your money and spend it on something else.

I bought this ONLINE (never smelled it before had no idea what it would be like) thinking id love it...i think its best to visit an actual LUSH store and smell their products first before blindly purchasing them. Don't get me wrong LUSH is a lovely store and its one of my Favorites but you need to smell their products in person before actually committing to buy and later be disappointed about the scent and ect...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

I have never had an issue with my sponge smelling weird...sounds gross right?

well Flying Fox makes my sponge smell funky!
when you first smell it in the store its yummy but then after using it two times or so i began to hate it, its a very sickly smell and sticks to my spongeeeee, even if i use another shower gel it takes about 3 washes to stop smelling like flying fox.

i dont like anything from the flying fox line... even with godiva i started out loving the smell and ended up throwing it out the bathroom window... literally.

(but keep in mind that ever single batch will smell diffrent!) so make sure to smell before you actually buy it. the one you buy might not smell like the open tester.

im honestly not sure why this smell seems to grow worse with time maybe it goes bad fast?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by theunknownforce

Even though this shower gel contains four different types of honey, I don't really smell it, I only smell the jasmine, which is really strong. The scent isn't really something that I want to smell like, I do like to use this shower gel on days where I want to smell and feel clean. However, I wouldn't pay $26 for a 500 ml bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first purchased Flying Fox I was absolutely smitten with it! This shower gel is meant to take one on a sensory journey. It boasts on the label that the essential oils have aphrodisiac qualities (think Herbal Essence commercials), and relieves PMS. Needless to say, I still have this since purchasing over a year and half ago...the scent is so overpoweringly flowery and sweet, that after a while I only brought it out when I was craving it (which is less and less these days). As far as its cleansing properties, I find that it leaves me squeaky clean, which equals dryness to my already rough skin when used frequently (it contains a detergent-Sodium Laureth Sulfate). It is not as moisturizing as I'd hoped .

The scent is such that some are in love with it, some it instills a gag reflex (my old roommate always cursed when she walked into the bathroom after I'd used this). I agree with others that this is a jasmine blast, and I would add that it has a bit of earthiness and is VERY sweet smelling in a honeyed toffee way.

Some advice for those who are having trouble liking/on the fence about it-I find that the ingredients separate in the bottle and therefore smells much better if you give it a good shaking before use. I finally resorted to using it as a hand wash, which I find much more tolerable, as the scent lasts and lasts on skin, more so than any other soap or shower gel I've used.

Note-I also have the temple balm in the same scent, and have used that as a solid perfume, and I think it is a much lighter, enjoyable version of this fragrance. Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore, but may bring it back someday like LUSH so often does with discont'd products.

I enjoy the LUSH soap bars much more and they are more reasonably priced as well as being overall better for my skin.

Ingredients:Honey (Mel), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chinese Angelica, Burdock Root and Jasmine Flower Infusion, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hungarian Honey (Mel), Greek Honey (Mel), English Honey (Mel), Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

*Naturally occurs in essential oils