Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/10/2015 11:43:00 AM

I have oily lids, so this may not be a review that fits everyone. I first started using this when I got my first Naked Palette. This product is greasy and never seemed to set on my eyelids, even when putting eyeshadow over top of it. My eyeshadows would separate and slide around almost immediately. I currently use the Wet 'N Wild Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer which is 100 times better for the fraction of the price. I will probably never buy this again.

on 4/9/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of the best I've used.

on 4/9/2015 12:20:00 PM

I use it under concealer around my eyes for very dark circles and it's a lifesaver.

on 4/9/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This primer is probably the best primer that I have ever used. It keeps my eyeshadow on all day along with the fact that it can make any eyeshadow that I wear be applied very smooth and creamy.
The one thing I don't like about this product is that sometimes too much comes out when I'm trying to apply.
I would repurchase this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love love love this product - really my holy grail for making my eyeshadow last.
This really changed my opinion on eyeshadows, where they before this always was sliding around and disappearing from my eyelids. This Primer Potion makes them stay in place and look great all day.

on 4/8/2015 2:42:00 PM

I've tried a few different eye primers and this is by far the best. I don't find it creases and it brings out eyeshadow shades making them glide on effortlessly. If I put on my eye make up first thing in the morning it stays completely in place until I take it off late at night. Also the bottle is really cute. Oh, and a little goes a long way!

on 4/8/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

just not fond of the packaging. i always find that a lot of product is wasted and you resort to cutting it open to find 70% left. why not just throw it into a regular squeeze tube container.

on 4/7/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this product!!!!!...I have very OILY skin so after a couple of hours my eye make up starts creasing..I first tried out the primer because i had received a sample from Ulta, the day i got it i used it, went to sleep and forgot to take off my make up, woke up the next day and to my surprise my make up looked exactly the same!!..I've tried a couple other primers that were suggested for oily skin and wasn't nearly as pleased with the results...I will never use a different eye shadow primer again..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this urban decay potion primer in original during Ulta's 21 days of beauty, so I only paid $10. The packaging of the bottle is beautiful and resembles a magic potion that appears in RPG games. It comes in a very sanitary squeezable tube, so you don't have to apply with a wand and looked bigger than i thought. The color is a light opaque champagne, but translates to a clear finish on the eyes. I have to admit that it does feel oily and a bit tacky when you rub it into your eye area, but it becomes matte and feels lightweight. It kept my eyeshadows on for more than 8 hours, so I can't complain about staying power. I tried the hyped wet n wild fergie primer back then for my middle school graduation before it got so popular, and while I did liked it, I think I prefer urban decay more because it feels more lightweight/liquidy and less tacky. Wet n wild's primer is more creamy and tackier. The only con would be that it is priced at $20, but it is a really good investment. I plan to repurchase for full price once i finish it. It will probably last me 2 years since I don't wear eyeshadow everyday and you only need a very tiny drop per eye. Only problem is that i apply a bit too much force on the tube that i get a lot of product out.

Ok, so the last couple days I've been trying the UD Primer Potion sample I got. OMG! This is my new holy grail for eye shadow primer. I have super oily skin and this kept my eye shadow and liner in place all day! All day!! Even as the rest of my face got oily, my eyes stayed matte, not completely oil free, but no creasing and no caking, no eyeliner lifting off onto my hooded lids, definite plus! Great product!

Video Reviews & Tutorials