Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/24/2015 6:12:00 PM

I have really sensitive eyelids, actually my skin in general is full on princess. Anyway this stuff made my eyelids itch like crazy. Rubbing my eyes constantly caused my shadow to rub off defeating the purpose of even using the product. If you don't have sensitive skin give it a go otherwise stay away.

on 2/22/2015 5:17:00 PM

Best eyeshadow primer ! Works great for keeping your makeup looking fresh and helps you get the most out of your eyeshadow !

on 2/22/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best products I use - and I am a consistent long-term fan despite my occasional wandering to try other things as they come on the market. This product gets my loyalty because it keeps me eye makeup where I put it and looking fresh but does so without drying out my skin or getting chalky. There is no substitute. This is the one!

on 2/20/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

FYI: Urban Decay's primer potion has a drug store dupe, and it's only $1! E.L.F.'s eyelid primer (the one with the black cap) is an EXACT replica of UD's primer potion. I tested one primer on each eye just to see for myself, and there was absolutely no difference in the consistency of the primer, and the best part was that E.L.F. kept my eye shadow in place just as well as UD. E.LF. Is giving them a run for their money in terms of quality. Yes, UD has the cute packaging and fancy name, but is it worth all the extra money? Not in my humble opinion. I gave it 3 lippies because it does work like it's supposed to.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Nars Pro Prime eyeshadow primer is much, much better. If you do not have oily eyelids at all this will work and perform well but it is not outstanding by any means.

on 2/18/2015 4:14:00 PM

I have to say not impressed, i find it to be running. I'll stick with my Trish McEvoy'Eye Base Essentials' Brightening Eyeshadow Primer, that is the best eye show primer I've ever used.

on 2/17/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow primer! It does its job. It keeps your eyeshadow on all day, with no creasing, or smudging. The only downside is that it is of course a little expensive since it is urban decay, but I just buy the deluxe sample size from Sephora for $10 and it lasts me quite a while.

on 2/16/2015 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm so glad the lady at Sephora told me about this when I bought Naked2. I love this primer. I don't have to worry about my eyeshadow creasing or fading anymore.

on 2/16/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The sales clerk at Sephora told me I would wish I had bought the large size rather than the smaller. She was right! Goes on silky, does not get too sticky to blend eyeshadow, and lasts all day even with my oily lids. I just wish Urban decay and so many other cosmetic companies would quit using suggestive names for their products. If I can find an alternative to this by a company that doesn't do that, I will. EDIT 2/18/15 - Sigh. Burns my sensitive eyes. Back to the drawing board;

on 2/16/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this primer!!! It holds your eye makeup perfectly in place ALL DAY!!! I have used the anti aging version as well and it's also excellent, but I feel this one has longer lasting results. I can get 12+ hours with NO creasing, and my eyelids are super oily! This is an absolute staple and I highly recommend it!!! 😃

Video Reviews & Tutorials