Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love love love this primer. I would use this under my eyeshadow whenever I would go to concerts. Even after sweating for hours my eyeshadow would stay vibrant! I only wish the price was lower.

on 2/3/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

While this is pretty expensive compared to most of my other makeup, this may be the single best makeup purchase I've ever made. While it's not foolproof, I can put this onto my eyes and my eyeshadow won't crease for hours. Usually I have to smooth it out about halfway through the day, but it works well! I don't rebuy it very often because it lasts forever. I'm so glad they got rid of the mascara-like bottle. You can get every last dredge out of the current squeeze bottle. The texture is like a thick cream foundation. It doesn't have a smell, even after having it for several years. However, it does occasionally need to be remixed as the liquid portion will separate.

Yep. Works. Keeps your eye shadow on without creases. What more do you need?

on 1/31/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Over all the eyeshadow primers I've use, this is definitely my favorite one. It goes on so smoothly and feels so silky as it dries.....really does keep your shadow from Creasing or fading away throughout the day!! Love it! Also love the cute tube with wand that it comes in!

on 1/31/2015 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not feeling the love. I think the packaging changed and the texture. There is no doe foot, it comes in a tube and what comes out is quite thick and dry. It spreads but it's kind of thick feeling. Works but not as well Miliani, though that can sting. Do warm up in your hand first.. This is like working with very cold butter. I'd prefer a thinner texture. . I have very hooded eyes so everything smears into one color. Above the crease things to blend easily. This helps with staying put but it can look too thick. Worked best when I used it over my Becca Tint (Romantic) which is stickier.

on 1/28/2015 3:22:00 PM

I love it I LOVE IT!! Really there are no words. Do yourself a favor and buy it! You only need the tiniest bit & it keeps your eyeshadow flawless. It's a must have!!!

on 1/28/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Why havent I tried this before?!
Never been much into eyeshadows, mostly because it goes on flaky and ugly, and it ends up creasing and disappearing from my lids after 1 hour.. Then I FINALLY got this and holy... My eyeshadow goes on super smoothly, beautiful and it holds ALL day! and NO creasing! There are no words, if you havent already tried this, you need to go out and buy it asap.

TL;DR : Worth the hype, HOLY GRAIL!

on 1/27/2015 11:25:00 AM

I've used this for years, I guess cause I've just been to lazy to find a better one lol! It basically does what it says, but it leaves like crusty flakes on my eyelid mainly under my brow. I used to think it was my skin but now i'm sure its not! Does anyone else have this problem?

on 1/26/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Overall it's a really good product. In terms of packaging is amazing - doesn't overflow and get dirty on the outside. The package is also very elegant. The product itself is outstanding, the first time I used it, I went to the movies and cried and my makeup wasn't runny or anything. It's very soft and creamy, easy to apply with your fingers or with a brush. It blends with your skin really nicely, I don't have that dark a skin tone, so with mine the color is practically the same but I imagine it blends with every tone. The only thing I really don't like is the relation price quantity. For the amount, I think the price could be a little better or they could at least try to go for 15 ml instead of the actual 11 ml of product in it. However, even though I've had mine for a while, I still have plenty of product so that is a plus for me. I love it! And I will definitely re-purchase it!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am now on my second tube of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This stuff is fantastic! Easy to apply, keeps your make-up in place and once it dries, it doesn't budge! I have tried other products but nothing compares. At one point I tried Too faced shadow primer and it did nothing to help keep my make up in place. My eye lids are very oily but that doesn't make any difference with this stuff. Also, the packaging and amount you get is great. One package lasts me about a year even with daily use. A little bit goes a long way with this product. Will continue to buy for years to come :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials