September 1, 2014 | 1169 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by maugustawoodland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh wow, I love this shampoo. I hate paying the LUSH shipping, so I've not ordered from them in a long time. However, this smells great, does amazing things to my hair, and generally makes me feel good about the lack of packaging involved. It decidedly gives my hair fantastic body and shine. Love it. Love it. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this for free as part of a Lush promotion. I had always smelled the solid shampoos while browsing in Lush, but was always hesitant to actually try one out. So this was a great promo for me! I've been using Seanik for the last few weeks and have been pretty happy with it so far. The smell is nice and combines nicely with American Cream. My hair is left feeling soft and with a bit of extra body, though the additional volume is not really significant. While I am not 100% sure I will buy Seanik again, I'm really stoked to try some of the other solid shampoos Lush offers, like New! The reduced amount of packaging/waste resulting from the form this shapmoo comes in is a nice bonus too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by missanyssa

I love this shampoo bar! I purchased it because the salesperson told me it was like Big but in a solid bar (I dont really find theyre too much alike, but I love it anyway).
I take this with me to the gym to shower afterwards, I love that its solid and not a liquid that can explode in my gym bag. I just pat it with a towel afterwards to dry it off, and its good to go. It makes your hair feel really clean afterwards, theres absolutely no residue left behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by emluken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This and Godiva are my favorite LUSH solid shampoos. I always take Seanik whenever I'm going to the ocean, whether beach or sailing trip. I hate how the combination of ocean water and regular shampoo/conditioner leaves my fine hair feeling gross...usually tangly, sticky, and flat. Somehow just washing with seanik and a quick rinse of fresh water does wonders. My hair is left soft, full, and manageable after a comb-through and airdrying.

Since this isn't a liquid, it doesn't take up precious room in the little bag when flying. I like to cut this in half and put it in the little lush tin, along with a half bar of Godiva. Also, no waste, like an empty bottle that fills up landfills.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by star77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used Seanik on and off for years and it always keeps my hair soft and non-greasy. Seanik doesn't build up in my hair, so I don't need to alternate it with other shampoos. While I'm always on the lookout for a miracle product, Seanik is the shampoo that I always go back to. The bars last for a few months and are easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by ladydisaster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this product for the first time today, and I'm pleased with the results. The shampoo bar was easy to use, and I was surprised at the large amount of lather that came from just one or two swipes over my scalp! It rinses clean, and the scent is lighter than a lot of other LUSH products; I don't feel like it's hanging on my head in a cloud of perfume. The tin is too small to fit a new bar, but I placed mine in the lid after it dried and that works fine for me. My hair feels soft and manageable after use without conditioner, though I will condition next time to improve the smoothness and moisture of my hair, and my scalp feels clean and smooth. This was my first shampoo bar, and I don't think I'll be going back to liquid shampoos. Four lippies because even though the scent is light, it's still perfumey rather than natural smelling, and I don't love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by iheartcaliocean

I love this! I was afraid that I wouldn't know how to use this since it's in solid form, but it's really easy. This soap lathers like crazy, all you have to do it rub in in your hands and it starts foaming. Or you can just rub it in your hair a couple of times and works just fine. This soap lasted me for about 3-4 months, which is wonderful. Also I'm helping the environment by now throwing away plastic bottles! :) I love this smell too, it's not salty but sort of a calm smell, hard to describe. I would definitely but this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this shampoo. After taking a break from Lush products for almost 5 years (just not one close by, hate to order online, etc. but a store is now in my neck of the woods) I was hesitant about using a solid shampoo. I have highlighted hair that tends to dry out. I love this stuff, cleans gently, moisturizes, smells great. For those who think it might be a bit messy, take a second to remove it from your shower or tub area. I store in the tin outside of the shower. I remove it from the tin to use - after application I set it by the sink on some wax paper. By the time I'm done toweling off it's relatively dry and I place it back in the tin. It lasts much longer if you simply keep it out water when not in use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this, because it smells absolutely amazing, but truthfully, this is the most annoying shampoo I've ever used. It's a good actual shampoo... it lathers well, cleans hair well (almost too well, it leaves that squeaky clean feeling), but it is the messiest most wasteful shampoo I've ever used.

I've had my bar for a couple weeks (the fullsize) and have used it maybe 5 or 6 times in rotation with my other shampoos and it's already half gone. Per usage, the price of this bar is astronomical. I'm glad I got mine for free with purchase.

Worse though, is how messy it is. It gets little chunks of seaweed and blue dye all over my shower. I leave it on my soap ledge (in a tin was even messier) and it leaves a big gunky blue spot. I think it's ridiculous that I should have to clean my shower because of my shampoo of all things. There are plenty of other easier to use, easier to store options out there, and I definitely would NOT repurchase. Two stars only because of how amazing it smells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is another one of my mini hair care items from the last promo, and I love it. I was very skeptical of the solid shampoo bars for who knows what reason, but this little thing makes so much lather and gets my hair perfectly clean. I also get breakouts in my scalp from products very frequently, and this does not give me that problem. It smells very fresh and clean, I don't know what the smell is, but it is so nice. I'll get another one of these when this one is gone.